Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
economy

Canada To Be Sued For $1.7 Billion By Angry Province (Alberta)

Featured Posts

Economy

https://business.financialpost.com/diane-francis/diane-francis-kenneys-plan-to-get-alberta-out-from-under-trudeau-before-he-completely-destroys-it

The Premier of Alberta is angry at the changes made to the equalization payment program that it claims are rigged to benefit and bribe Quebec

The Province of Alberta (Canada's wealthiest Province) claims it was overcharged $1.7 Billion in their $13 Billion transfers to Quebec and other Provinces and says it wants the money back immediately or it will sue

"Westen Alienation" is a growing concern after Trudeau and Liberals didn't manage to gain not even 1 seat in both Alberta and Saskatchewan this election

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1
  • Shook 2

Fish

lollll jason is really going at it. bring it whiny climate change denier:lmao:

RAMROD

I heard that name before, I think he's a bish?  :triggered:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ One ♥ Too ♥ Many ♥ Mornings ♥

Economy
6 minutes ago, Fish said:

lollll jason is really going at it. bring it whiny climate change denier:lmao:

I don't fully blame Alberta for being upset tho

The rest of Canada has no issue taking their oil money but then only bashes their industry and blocks it every chance they get

If it's dirty money don't be a hypocrite and accept it

And if the rest of Canada is gonna fight their industries then let's help them transition to a greener economy

The Federal Government and British Columbia have put tones of challenges against Alberta and Saskatchewan too but then don't offer any assistance for a change

I can admit this as an Ontario citizen, a Province that as of a few years ago became a receiver of the equalization payment program (although we only receive a small amount compared to some other Provinces)

Edited by Economy
  • Like 2

Economy
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

I heard that name before, I think he's a bish?  :triggered:

Who? Jason? The one the user mentioned?

Economy
10 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Can’t blame them. 

Tbh...

Canada has treated both Alberta and Saskatchewan (our 2 main resource provinces) like a bank account to collect taxes and to transfer money to other Provinces (we literally have a program called "equalization payment program" where provinces performing below national average get a financial boost from wealthier regions)

While Canada takes this money it never helps them much during their resource busy downturns, it attacks their industry (cuz its popular to hate on oil and pipelines) but never offers them any assistance on a transition

Alberta (and to some degree Saskatchewan) get hit hard with tougher environmental laws, carbon tax and slow approvals because of protests and debates etc

But then the government is doing nothing to help them transition. It's like they are on their own

Not surprising there's talk of separation again in Alberta (tho still not a hot political debate as only 25% to 30% of ppl in Alberta support desperation according to polls)

Saskatchewan the second most resource rich and also wealthy province is quite displeased as well. Like Alberta they also didn't elect a single seat for Trudeau's Government either

Edited by Economy
  • Shook 1

Lord Temptation
22 minutes ago, Economy said:

Tbh...

Canada has treated both Alberta and Saskatchewan (our 2 main resource provinces) like a bank account to collect taxes and to transfer money to other Provinces (we literally have a program called "equalization payment program" where provinces performing below national average get a financial boost from wealthier regions)

While Canada takes this money it never helps them much during their resource busy downturns, it attacks their industry (cuz its popular to hate on oil and pipelines) but never offers them any assistance on a transition

Alberta (and to some degree Saskatchewan) get hit hard with tougher environmental laws, carbon tax and slow approvals because of protests and debates etc

But then the government is doing nothing to help them transition. It's like they are on their own

Not surprising there's talk of separation again in Alberta (tho still not a hot political debate as only 25% to 30% of ppl in Alberta support desperation according to polls)

Saskatchewan the second most resource rich and also wealthy province is quite displeased as well. Like Alberta they also didn't elect a single seat for Trudeau's Government either

I hope Alberta wins. I’m all for decentralisation. I want the same thing to happen here in Oz (even though the mining states Western Australia and Queensland are actually declining at the moment with a real estate crash in Perth and a huge fall in Chinese/Indian demand for resources). When capital city fatcats say “Time to tighten the belt” I say “Start with your own belly!”

More local power everywhere will make everyone less reliant on handouts.

• Like 1

Economy
6 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

I hope Alberta wins. I’m all for decentralisation. I want the same thing to happen here in Oz (even though the mining states Western Australia and Queensland are actually declining at the moment with a real estate crash in Perth and a huge fall in Chinese/Indian demand for resources). When capital city fatcats say “Time to tighten the belt” I say “Start with your own belly!”

More local power everywhere will make everyone less reliant on handouts.

Canada already is pretty decentralized tho. Provinces already make up nearly 40% of taxation and spending and the majority of regulations are provincial not federal

Like in the workplace all these rules we gotta follow and comply with, 80% is from Ontario not Canada...

Each province also has their own drinking and smoking laws, legal ages, transport laws etc

Most marital and family matters and education is also provincial as well with a few basic federal standards

But it's the double standards that I think are unfair... Especially the whole money transfer thing when they aren't even shown respect or help back :shrug:

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1

RAMROD
1 hour ago, Economy said:

Who? Jason? The one the user mentioned?

No, Alberta as a state as a person :flower:

Like that show, Hetalia where all countries depicted as human. Have you seen it before? :fan:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ One ♥ Too ♥ Many ♥ Mornings ♥

Lord Temptation
50 minutes ago, Economy said:

Canada already is pretty decentralized tho. Provinces already make up nearly 40% of taxation and spending and the majority of regulations are provincial not federal

Like in the workplace all these rules we gotta follow and comply with, 80% is from Ontario not Canada...

Each province also has their own drinking and smoking laws, legal ages, transport laws etc

Most marital and family matters and education is also provincial as well with a few basic federal standards

But it's the double standards that I think are unfair... Especially the whole money transfer thing when they aren't even shown respect or help back :shrug:

As they say “money talks and BS walks!” Go Alberta go! 

• Like 1

Economy
39 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

No, Alberta as a state as a person :flower:

Like that show, Hetalia where all countries depicted as human. Have you seen it before? :fan:

No I haven't lol

Anyways Alberta only has like 4 or 5 million people at the most but they are the most resource rich province and the wealthiest and the centre of controversial Canadian politics over energy sector so...

Despite lower population they are very relevant so u may very well have heard of them

That province supplies a lot of transfer money to Quebec (which has over double it's population) :rip: