Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why are some people upset?

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

Chickens in Malibu

ASIB (a soundtrack!) already got Gaga 4 nominations last year (if not including Joanne) and 3 new nominations this year.

What did you expect? That the Grammy's give Bradley Cooper album of the year before Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar and many others? Wasn't going to happen. She would've lost. Having Bradley on the ballot is a turn off for the voters.

She's much better off competing in SoTY instead with Hillary Lindsey and Natalie who can bring in country vote.

This will open up a chance for her to get into AoTY with a proper studio album. It doesn't have to be massively successful. I mean Lana Del Rey and Lil Nas X got in with commercially underwhelming albums, let alone Gaga.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

It is actually their pent up angst from waiting LG6. They don't actually mad about Grammys.  :enigma:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

FfFfFfFF

Because it deserved better.

It was one of the best albums released during the eligibility period and had the critical acclaim and cultural impact to deserve a AOTY nomination and Always Remember Us This Way deserved a Pop Solo Performance.

Chickens in Malibu
3 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Because it deserved better.

It was one of the best albums released during the eligibility period and had the critical acclaim and cultural impact to deserve a AOTY nomination and Always Remember Us This Way deserved a Pop Solo Performance.

But it was handicapped already. First of all, it has Bradley on the ballot, someone the voters won't take seriously as an AoTY contender.

And It's very old. Its only single was released over a year ago. And pop voters clearly moved on. They nominated Spirit over ARUTW.

So the committee made the right choice by not nominating it. It would've been another embarrassing loss for Gaga. Better to nominate her next year with LG6 if it's good,and then she can actually win if it has a proper album cycle.

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, Chickens in Malibu said:

But it was handicapped already. First of all, it has Bradley on the ballot, someone the voters won't take seriously as an AoTY contender.

And It's very old. Its only single was released over a year ago. And pop voters clearly moved on. They nominated Spirit over ARUTW.

So the committee made the right choice by not nominating it. It would've been another embarrassing loss for Gaga. Better to nominate her next year with LG6 if it's good,and then she can actually win if it has a proper album cycle.

None of the things you said contradicts the fact that it deserved better. :coffee: 

Soundtrack of not, it was one of the best, most acclaimed and impactful albums of the eligibility period.

KleinGa
3 minutes ago, Chickens in Malibu said:

But it was handicapped already.

Even if it didnt win, getting a nod for being one of the albums of the year is massive. It deserves to be recognized even with just a nomination 

The Star Is Born team (Gaga/Cooper) made a decision last year.

Focus on the movie and the awards that will come with it.

Otherwise - they would have released that single in August and that album on Labor Day weekend.

They didn't care about Grammys. It was all about the film.

You want the industry to award an album that is 13 months old??? No...that's not going to happen and she (Gaga) CHOOSE not to make it happen last year!

Be grateful she got these nominations.

Curunir

I'm gonna post something I said in another thread concerning the Grammys:

The Grammys have been slowly losing relevance over the years (especially the last 5) and have continuously made awful decisions when it comes to winners, so I don't really care about them anymore. I'm very happy that Gaga won three last time, but that happiness comes from knowing that she  appreciates them a lot. To me, they're just bragging rights that you can use on a pop forum and literally nowhere else.

I'd like to add to this that, as proven time and time again, they make horrible choices when it comes to the nominees as well (I just saw the nominations and whew chile) and maybe, just maybe, GGD should take a chill pill and not take them so seriously :huntyga:

Just a thought :ally:

SOTY was unexpected and a nice gesture actually.  It’s a song that was never released to radio in the US and is only featured in the film and never performed outside of the film.

Reality

What I actually find a little annoying is that people are acting like “Oh my gosh, it’s the best album ever! It deserved more!” When the reality is they probably skip most, if not all, of Bradley’s songs and most  of the duets like Music to My Eyes, I Don’t Know What Love is, etc. 

🃏🖤👹

GypsyBabe

I'm not mad, but a bit disappointed. It was a great record that people really loved, and I would have liked them to at least get a nod. 

I'm very pleased about ARUTW because I think it is one of Gaga's best overall songs. 

⚯͛

xoxo Craig

Out of the albums released within the time period, it was the best, most critically acclaimed and had the most impact than any other album. The fact that its still charting in the top 100 proves that.

After last year having missed the deadline, I expected ASIB to have at least three times as many as it has. I expected Bradley to be nominated on his songs, plus AOTY, ROTY, Best pop vocal, best pop duo performance, SOTY ect.

If Lizzo and Ariana can score 5 or more, why couldn't Gaga? ASIB beats out everything they have released this year

End Racism Now

GypsyBabe
20 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

When the reality is they probably skip most, if not all, of Bradley’s songs and most  of the duets like Music to My Eyes, I Don’t Know What Love is, etc. 

I disagree here, though IDKWLI is a definite skiiiip for me. A lot of the GP liked the whole album including the songs that you mention. Some people even preferred Bradleys songs like "Maybe Its Time" over "Shallow." Most people that I spoke to ( I bartend next to a movie theater and people couldn't stop talking about this movie and albums for weeks), consider Gaga's pop songs on the record a skip. It really depends on taste, and I think assuming that Bradleys songs are an automatic skip because pop girl fans don't like them is a bit misguided. 

⚯͛

GypsyBabe
29 minutes ago, S0436 said:

SOTY was unexpected and a nice gesture actually.  It’s a song that was never released to radio in the US and is only featured in the film and never performed outside of the film.

Imagine we get a grammy performance of that song! My dreams would come true.  :bradley:

⚯͛

Doncho

Funny how suddenly Bradley is the problem :ladyhaha:

Keep finding excuses. ASIB deserved the nom. HOWEVER I am super happy with the 3 she got :heart: Its kinda what I expected!

Archived