Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
science

Toronto Snowstorm Breaks All-Time Record

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thestar.com/amp/news/starweather/2019/11/12/toronto-sees-record-breaking-snowfall-as-the-city-digs-out-from-mondays-storm.html

Toronro was comfirmed to get 13.6 of snow (rougly 5.5 inches) which is an all time record for this time of the year

2 Larger storms were recorded in November (both in 1940 almost back to back on the 26th and the 30th) but it was towards the end of the month

The biggest snowstorm in the first half of November was in 1951 on November 6th with 13.2cm which we now broke

Edited by Economy
  • Shook 1

PopThatArt

5 inches of snow is nothing. Toronto and Ontarians are always crying and whining over the smallest amounts of rain and snow. They can get a drizzle and call it a storm. 

Go see A Star is Born

dynamite

5.5 inches you say :neyde:

Luv it when u call me bendy in the morning buy me Wendy's
  • LMAO 1

Economy
17 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

5 inches of snow is nothing. Toronto and Ontarians are always crying and whining over the smallest amounts of rain and snow. They can get a drizzle and call it a storm. 

I know its nothing. We get bigger storms than this too. Just not in November 

this isnt complaining... im simply posting that it broke a record and is really unusual weather :madge:

on the note of complaining i know its true. Other cities in Canada get way more and we make a big fuss :sweat:

In 1999 the army had to come help clear the snow from that almost 50cm storm cuz we couldnt handle it :air:

Edited by Economy

Economy
9 minutes ago, dynamite said:

5.5 inches you say :neyde:

I cant tell if ur making a dirty remark or if ur just being serious and saying its nothing like the user above u :oprah:

dynamite
6 minutes ago, Economy said:

I cant tell if ur making a dirty remark or if ur just being serious and saying its nothing like the user above u :oprah:

The former eheheh :neyde:

Luv it when u call me bendy in the morning buy me Wendy's
  • LMAO 2

LaLuna

I will admit that this is quite unusual for mid-November. Winter came super early this year:saladga:

The situation is the same here in Quebec, we got around 8 inches of snow last night.

But yeah, it's far from being the worst snow storm of all time. I'll never forget Valentine's Day 2007, we got about 25 inches. It was an absolute nightmare, there was chaos everywhere.

Edited by LaLuna
"Social media is the toilet of the Internet"
  • Like 1

Economy
54 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

I will admit that this is quite unusual for mid-November. Winter came super early this year:saladga:

The situation is the same here in Quebec, we got around 8 inches of snow last night.

But yeah, it's far from being the worst snow storm of all time. I'll never forget Valentine's Day 2007, we got about 25 inches. It was an absolute nightmare, there was chaos everywhere.

The only time Toronto got close to 25 inches was in 1999 but i didn’t experience that cuz i was still living in Portugal

its cold too tho. Everyday this week is below freezeing here which is also rare for November

• Like 1