💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Sonny & Cher?

Musicisfreedom

Featured Posts

Musicisfreedom

So when Sonny and Cher met she was only 16 and he was 28? Why doesn't anyone talk about this or think anything of it? Was it just different back then? Or do you find this to be inappropriate ?

Bitch I'm Madonna

kaelergrey
51 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

So when Sonny and Cher met she was only 16 and he was 28? Why doesn't anyone talk about this or think anything of it? Was it just different back then? Or do you find this to be inappropriate ?

Well I didnt know this since I really am not knowledgeable about their history but yeah. Thats inappropriate. 

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

kaelergrey

I need to clarify but when you said met you mean they are in a relationship at that time?

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

Musicisfreedom
13 minutes ago, billygrey said:

I need to clarify but when you said met you mean they are in a relationship at that time?

I believe so. I'm not too knowledgeable on Cher history.

Edit: I looked it up, and I'm pretty sure they married in 1962 which would make Cher 16

Bitch I'm Madonna

Musicisfreedom
13 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

Who cares? Parental consent. Cher turned out fine. 

Just thought it was strange. I wasn't doubting Cher turned out fine

Bitch I'm Madonna

Ryusei

He was older by a few years, ok 11. 

Probably cause he‘s dead. And he clearly treated Cher right otherwise she wouldn‘t speak of him the way she does.

Musery

Musicisfreedom
10 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

He was older by a few years, ok 11. 

Probably cause he‘s dead. And he clearly treated Cher right otherwise she wouldn‘t speak of him the way she does.

Edit: this was an accident :enigma:

Bitch I'm Madonna

IAmNotHere1997

I didn't even know they were a couple, let alone being married, and honestly, I have a feeling people from that time didn't know about this either, or at least didn't cared. Cher definitely didn't looked like a 16 y/o either

xoxo Craig

16 is legal here, so I dont really see anything wrong with it :shrug: it would be a bit weird if she was younger, but 16 is okay... yeah the age gap is a lot

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
2 hours ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

I didn't even know they were a couple, let alone being married, and honestly, I have a feeling people from that time didn't know about this either, or at least didn't cared. Cher definitely didn't looked like a 16 y/o either

Yeah this :tony:

End Racism Now

imnotyourbabe10

Had no clue they had such an age gap...saw "The Cher Show" musical last year and fell in love with this number about their romantic and working relationship...

RAMROD

Fam, they were met in 1962, and standards were very different back then. And age of consent was 16 since the 1920s after risen by the law from 12 that was the legal age from 1880-1920. So yes, she was of legal age and can give consent. And she did. 

For things like this, it is better to do a through research first before making a thread that question the non existent issue. 

Besides, Cher never once complain or feel bothered about it. She was truly and genuinely in love with Sonny. She was not forced. So why do you have to dig it up as something negative? You don't compare todays standard to the past, cos chances are, you will not be very pleased at most things, if not all, that you will unearth. :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived