💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Final End Of CrazyGa?

Jester

Featured Posts

I’m wondering, Do you still feel pressure to constantly outdo yourself? Is it a shackle on you in any way?

Not anymore. I used to, though. Oprah, I’ve got to level with you 100 percent: I used to try to wrap my brain as heavy as I could around what I could do to.... Instead of being shocking (I used to say “shock art” or “performance art”), I would use the word “bemuse,” which is basically putting the audience in a state of confusion where they can’t look away. I used to just go, “What am I going to do next to get people’s attention?” 

After the meat dress, did you feel that way: “Where do I go from here?” 

Well, the meat dress, quite frankly, I didn’t think it was going to be as shocking to everyone as it was. But that’s just me. I have a sort of eccentric brain, so for me, I was like, Of course this makes sense. I’m showing up to make a statement about “Don’t ask, don’t tell.” I went to the event with soldiers who were discharged from the army because they were out, or they were found out, and to me, if you’re willing to give up your life for your country, does it matter what your sexual orientation is or what your gender identity is? For me, it was like, “Flesh is flesh,” so that was the intention of the meat dress. For me, that wasn’t shocking; it was shocking to the world. And I have to say, it was quite recently—after doing A Star Is Born, and working with Bradley Cooper, and my experience even with winning an Oscar—I sort of just went to myself, “You have a much greater mission on this earth than to freak the hell out of people. Your mission is to give people a form of love through your art that lifts them up.”

---

This makes me kinda sad.

Gags, we NEED you to freak the hell out of us  :cryga: ASAP 

I mean she's always gonna be on the weirdo side, but the crazy fashion and absurd performance art used to give us all so much life. I miss it so much.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FentyGa

damn...all these years when people have been saying “she’s weird, she does this **** for attention”, we defended her saying “she’s an artist, everything she does has a purpose.”

guess that was a lie lol

Antichrist
1 minute ago, FentyGa11 said:

damn...all these years when people have been saying “she’s weird, she does this **** for attention”, we defended her saying “she’s an artist, everything she does has a purpose.”

guess that was a lie lol

it's all a marketing strategy in the end :emma:

Bambino

Okay ladies, as a matter of fact, none of her "crazy/freaky" looks lately were even near shocking or interesting as her old stuff. As much as I hate to say this, but I think it's better that she gives up on this stuff rather than looking like as if she's trying too hard to create a shock value to a public who already has a previous idea about her being the shocking pop girl who craves attention.

Somehow, she stills shocks people with her classy looks and vocal abilities because, well, nobody thought that a pop girl could do that.

And before y'all call her an attention wh0re, this is a strategy. If she has a message, she has to get people's ATTENTION to get it through. No matter what attention strategy.

Customzanotti

She's still crazy, she wore that beautiful bedazzled louis vuitton cape with those ugly ass tennis shoes for elle  :enigma:

Pompom hole n streets w/ ma heels

Daylight Jokers
2 minutes ago, FentyGa11 said:

guess that was a lie lol

But it's not like those things she's done were just there for the shock factor. Of course she wants to shock people but that doesn't mean  she didn't put any story/message behind them.

Prismatic Light
1 minute ago, FentyGa11 said:

guess that was a lie lol

THIS! So was it all an attention-seeking move? Its like she's contradicting herself... Again... 

Be kind 🧡

Antichrist
2 minutes ago, Bambino said:

Okay ladies, as a matter of fact, none of her "crazy/freaky" looks lately were even near shocking or interesting as her old stuff. As much as I hate to say this, but I think it's better that she gives up on this stuff rather than looking like as if she's trying too hard to create a shock value to a public who already has a previous idea about her being the shocking pop girl who craves attention.

Somehow, she stills shocks people with her classy looks and vocal abilities because, well, nobody thought that a pop girl could do that.

And before y'all call her an attention wh0re, this is a strategy. If she has a message, she has to get people's ATTENTION to get it through. No matter what attention strategy.

what exactly makes her 2008-2013 message more important than the future ones though?

i'd say from her career perspective, she mostly did it to get to where she is now, so now she doesn't need to do the crazy **** anymore & enjoy the riches she created. which kinda makes me think really meh of her :emma:

I feel like the only times Gaga was real shocking, as in a gore way of shocking, were the 2009 VMAs, with the meat dress, the puke performance and some of her music videos, for most part part she shocked people by not acting in a conservative way, like, I’m sure a lot of people were shocked by her wearing just underwear, something that we don’t consider that far. I feel like GoreGa is over but CrazyGa will always live on whenever she does something that goes against a heteronormative and misogyn way of living.

No matter what she says, I feel like crazyga will always be in her! Sure she and crazyga have matured a lot but it’s kind of who Gaga is! Look at the met gala! While it wasn’t full on crazyga and it was a more mature version of crazyga, it still left everyone gagging! That’s kind of the style I’m expecting going forward! She’s still going to shock because she will never go about things in a conventional manner! And honestly I’m ok with that! 

giskardsb
5 minutes ago, FentyGa11 said:

guess that was a lie lol

except she literally said it was shock art or performance art.   Not everything is so binary as fans seem to want to make things.

Miracle
4 minutes ago, FentyGa11 said:

guess that was a lie lol

She's saying exactly the opposite. 

"I didn’t think it was going to be as shocking to everyone as it was. But that’s just me. I have a sort of eccentric brain, so for me, I was like, Of course this makes sense. I’m showing up to make a statement about “Don’t ask, don’t tell.” I went to the event with soldiers who were discharged from the army because they were out"

Also, ENIGMA is probably the weirdest Gaga's been since the BTW era.

likeitrough

i don't think we should expect something like the meat dress or flying dress anytime soon but it comes out every now and then; even if it's just a "leaving the hotel look". 

she's always going to wear pleasers. we saw she still had the theatricality in her at the MET. she dabbed her puss with a handkerchief at Brian's jazz show. the Allure cover the other month had drama. etc.

it's there, it's just not a necessity for her anymore and she's established herself as enough of legend to not depend on shock value. 

Archived