💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Shane Dawson & Jeffree Star

xcx

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, xcx said:

However, James also said that the Dolan twins were the first people who called him to check if he was okay when the scandal broke out. We don’t know the full story, but saying someone is a danger to society and then saying you’re not going to expose them because you’re the “bigger person” is gross regardless of whether James is innocent or not.

And yet the Dolan Twins haven't publicly confirmed or denied that. And haven't been seen in public with James. But they have with Jeffree. Sometimes actions speak louder than words.

We don't know the full story but we can observe behavior. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ANTI WP
17 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

I‘m done... i‘m not gonna discuss further here it‘s honestly tiring seeing everyone follow shane like a bunch of sheep...

Just because you don't like him and having different opinions doesn't makes us a Fing sheep 

I am really disappointed that this comment is coming from you .... I think you are in bad mood or something..

5 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

And yet the Dolan Twins haven't publicly confirmed or denied that. And haven't been seen in public with James. But they have with Jeffree. Sometimes actions speak louder than words.

We don't know the full story but we can observe behavior. 

They haven’t said anything about it, but Jeffree did and making such a big fuss about it gives him the responsibility to inform people that they’re supporting a predator and that they live near a predator etc. If you claim to know someone is doing evil things and then decide to not inform the public then that isn’t good behavior.

Morphine Prince

Also, I am not justifying their actions but the "mistakes" that are widely claimed as things we should cancel Shane and Jeffree over are things they did when they were teens or in their early 20's. 

They clearly grew up and haven't exhibited those behaviors recently. The culture has also changed.

I'm not saying you have to like them or support them. But at the end of it all they are public figures and businessmen. All you can do is speak with your money and support.

It's not like they are politicians who are usually held at much higher standards. 

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, xcx said:

They haven’t said anything about it, but Jeffree did and making such a big fuss about it gives him the responsibility to inform people that they’re supporting a predator and that they live near a predator etc. If you claim to know someone is doing evil things and then decide to not inform the public then that isn’t good behavior.

Or they're actually deciding it's not worth it to destroy each others brands. Perhaps Greyson told Jeffree to not go further. We don't know. And that is the fact. 

1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

Also, I am not justifying their actions but the "mistakes" that are widely claimed as things we should cancel Shane and Jeffree over are things they did when they were teens or in their early 20's. 

They clearly grew up and haven't exhibited those behaviors recently. The culture has also changed.

I'm not saying you have to like them or support them. But at the end of it all they are public figures and businessmen. All you can do is speak with your money and support.

It's not like they are politicians who are usually held at much higher standards. 

They aren’t politicians, but Jeffree is a person who is always deciding whether someone or something is cancelled or not and then telling his audience about it. He has no place to be deciding who or what is cancelled when he has been so problematic in the past and continues to be.

HoneyB

I feel like Shane is a good person though and has changed. Jeffree however...:triggered: I’m sorry I will never support him:triggered: Not like that will matter they’re both stinking rich:ladyhaha:

I agree with the majority of your post, I don’t really watch them that much anymore so I guess I can’t really comment on the situation:crossed:

💋 đ•Šđ•„đ•–đ•Ą 𝕐𝕒 â„‚đ• đ• đ•œđ•šđ•–đ•€ 𝕌𝕡💋đŸȘ

Sepsami
8 minutes ago, xcx said:

I wouldn’t really call putting on blackface a “mistake.”

that was years ago and he apologized :triggered:

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, xcx said:

They aren’t politicians, but Jeffree is a person who is always deciding whether someone or something is cancelled or not and then telling his audience about it. He has no place to be deciding who or what is cancelled when he has been so problematic in the past and continues to be.

I believe Jeffree makes statements about makeup mostly. He owns his own makeup company so it's actually relevant. 

Whether it's his place or not ultimately doesn't matter as long as he has a large audience that values his opinions. 

51 minutes ago, xcx said:

It’s also impossible to ignore that this entire docuseries being made is basically an advertisement for their new palette; it’s just disguised as a documentary. The only reason they’ve come together to make this palette is for money.

i think their friendship is real

and btw, what is wrong with making money :vegas:

it’s a good product and the campaign is insane, those pictures are gorgeous and the whole aesthetic is something never done before in the make-up industry 

hot blondes in odd positions

sethrb101
40 minutes ago, monster78619 said:

I thought I was the only one, the editing is **** in this series :ladyhaha: 

I love Shane and most of his content, but it is a little all over the place. It does keep you on your toes, though.

#Gaga2020

sethrb101
40 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Recent style being not showering and wearing the same shirt with holes in it every day? Come on. He is passionate about Hillary Duff and Film-Making but not about makeup... that‘s delusional i‘m sorry

I meant the video style, not the makeup (although I do believe his interest in the beauty community has grown). He's covered many topics with this docu-series format; Jeffree and makeup is just one of the main ones.

Also, it's dishonest to say he's not "passionate" because he's discussed that community and his fascination as a part of YouTube for years now.

#Gaga2020

Reality

So I’m obviously saying this from the perspective of a fan, but I genuinely think that the hate that Jeffree and Shane get is so unwarranted. With the whole racism scandal (for both of them), I mean, there’s nothing they can do but apologize for that. Obviously (at least to me it’s obvious), both Jeffree and Shane are not racist, and to insinuate that they are after years  of them apologizing is a low blow, to be honest. Like what do you want them to do? Go back in time and change that? 

As for the James Charles thing, I mean, everyone involved in that went a little too far. That whole mess was totally unnecessary and we could’ve lived without it. 

Finally regarding the documentary, of course it’s an advertisement. You obviously don’t watch cause Shane and Jeffree have stated that multiple times. They’re not trying to “disguise” anything. Besides, people aren’t that stupid. No one’s going to be like “OH THEY ONLY MADE THIS TO ADVERTISE THE PALETTE! THEY’RE SO MANIPULATIVE I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!” 

The documentaries Shane and Andrew have  been making are so beyond anything that anyone has ever done on YouTube, it baffles me why people **** all over them. Like if y’all wanna sit there and watch meme reviews and vine compilations for an hour, go ahead, but don’t take away from the fact that what Shane is making is great content, objectively speaking. You may not like the content—I myself wasn’t a fan of the Jake Paul series—but I can still appreciate the quality.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

thebedesign
Just now, M Monstre said:

Like if y’all wanna sit there and watch meme reviews and vine compilations for an hour, go ahead, but don’t take away from the fact that what Shane is making is great content, objectively speaking

THANK YOU! Finally someone said it. It's so crazy when people complain about every single thing. Watch it if you want, no one is forcing you.

And also, ofc it's an ad for the makeup brand, but also an insight into the full process of making a product line. It would be like saying that Gaga's 'Making JOANNE' short series was a money/cash grab or just promo for the album. Yeah it was promo, but the main focus was on the actual process of making the songs. 

It’s not a fedora you ****

Felixorfelicia
52 minutes ago, xcx said:

If you can just say “okay and” without proving anything I said wrong while being entirely dismissive then I think you need to do some soul searching.

I wasn’t even trying to prove you wrong. Please stop. ALL i said was just move on if you don’t like them, instead of starting whole online discussions about 2 ppl you don’t even like! 

Tease it to Jesus

Archived