💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What's Heavy Metal Lover About?

CommonWhiteGirl

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh

It’s about sex and partying and choosing between your lover or your career. 
-“ I could be your girl girl girl girl girl girl, but would you love me if I ruled the world world world” 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

derpmonster
3 hours ago, nenhures said:

Aside from the obvious sexual overtones, another interpretation is about power dynamics in a relationship. Lady Gaga is no doubt a powerful woman and she fears that her relationships will crumble because her lover can't or won't handle that, either because of personal reasons or because of the patriarchal notion that men are the power wielders in a relationship.

"I could be your girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl
But would you love me if I ruled the world, world, world?"

This is something she has repeated throughout her career including in FF2. How she sold 10 million, lost Matt, sold 30m, lost Luc, got a movie, lost Taylor, and now won an Oscar, lost Christian. :bradley:

1 hour ago, TheSlash said:

Ponyboy(~girl) is a fetish in the SM scene where one is dressed up as a horse and the other one......well...rides them :awkney:.

Also, "hosing down" is a metaphor for sex Gaga has repeated for very long. In Just Dance, she says, "And we're all getting hosed tonight."

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

gagaschickens

_90b120ba6098_imagesqtbnANd9GcTznKXVT93F

リのひ ᄃム刀'イ 尺乇ムり イんノ丂, ᄃム刀 リのひ?

imnotyourbabe10

Agreed with most of the responses about it being literally about partying and choosing love and/or career.  I also find it very melancholic (weird, I know).  Just how the mid-tempo track goes along with her voice in the lyrics, "I could be your girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl...But would you love me if I ruled the world, world, world?"

Archived