💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion

Americano

Featured Posts

Continues to a show a gap between digital sales and radio play in 2012.

Wasn't Give Your Heart a Break in the 30's on iTunes when it went #1 on pop?

I hope radio is friendly to Gaga when she comes back, with the new charting rules, radio support is a bigger part of the picture now.

Edited by pie-kun

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Ozzy8923

• Nick

Americano

1. 1D

2. T-Swift

3. Ke$ha

I think that's how it will look tomorrow

I doubt Kesha can race to the top without promo.

1d and t. swift will fight for #1 an #2 i bet

I doubt Kesha can race to the top without promo.

1d and t. swift will fight for #1 an #2 i bet

Yeah 1D and T-Swift have 2 things that help you sell digital music; a large fanbase, and casual fans that are teenage girls that legally buy music.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

Americano

Yeah 1D and T-Swift have 2 things that help you sell digital music; a large fanbase, and casual fans that are teenage girls that legally buy music.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

Im kinda rooting for 1D not gonna lie. Im starting to like them lol

How about Rihanna with Diamonds on Wednesday, how do you think she'll stack up? IIRC, We Found Love got stuck at #2 and started falling during it's debut, but I can't remember what her competition was.

Edited by pie-kun

What matters is who is on top after 2-3 weeks.

Kesha has good odds of being ahead of 1D by then. Taylor's single will be more country and not huge on pop radio.

Wasn't Give Your Heart a Break in the 30's on iTunes when it went #1 on pop?

I hope radio is friendly to Gaga when she comes back, with the new charting rules, radio support is a bigger part of the picture now.

Actually, it's the other way around. CHART-WISE radio DOES play a significant role. But digital sales will forever prevail. Your song can be #1 on Pop or Radio and barely go Platinum (i.e. Blow Me (One Last Kiss) #1 on Pop, Adult Pop, and Radio, US Sales: 1,000,000. WHYB, #3 on Pop, #2 on Radio, US Sales: 1.5 million. GYHAB, #1 on Pop, Top 10 on Radio, US Sales: 1,000,000.). And songs that have sold very well are still getting mediocre updates/peak positions on Pop (Some Nights: Pop Songs: #10. Too Close: Pop Songs: #11.)

Americano

What matters is who is on top after 2-3 weeks.

Kesha has good odds of being ahead of 1D by then. Taylor's single will be more country and not huge on pop radio.

It really depends what Kesha's track sounds like. Probs generic crap that'll do well.

As much as I HATE the new 1D song, I kinda think they're adorable, so I hope they win the chart battle :toofloppy:

I agree lol

I love the new KeSha song. See, Gaga should do fun songs like this again. Enough with the really clever lyrics. She needs to dumb it down a little and produce fun pop like LoveGame and Telephone again.

http://kevvyb---h.tumblr.com/post/32226375960/audiofury-die-young-ke-ha

Actually, it's the other way around. CHART-WISE radio DOES play a significant role. But digital sales will forever prevail. Your song can be #1 on Pop or Radio and barely go Platinum (i.e. Blow Me (One Last Kiss) #1 on Pop, Adult Pop, and Radio, US Sales: 1,000,000. WHYB, #3 on Pop, #2 on Radio, US Sales: 1.5 million. GYHAB, #1 on Pop, Top 10 on Radio, US Sales: 1,000,000.). And songs that have sold very well are still getting mediocre updates/peak positions on Pop (Some Nights: Pop Songs: #10. Too Close: Pop Songs: #11.)

True, biggest example I can think of is Love You Like a Love Song. Peaked at #22 on the Hot 100, top ten on pop, but went 2x platinum.

Sales are more important than chart position for sure, but I would like to see at least one #1 from Gaga next era, and she'll probably need at least some radio support for that.

Ugh, Die Young sounds so typical and like it could have been on Animal or Cannibal. I'm here for Supernatural, call me when that leaks in full.

Shame because Ke$ha is probably my second fave behind Gaga :(.

ID are sub-Bieber level to me.

At least he emerged first as the teen girl heartthrob of the era and wasn't manufactured on X Factor by Simon Cowell.

They may peak later than Biebs but I doubt they will outdo him overall. Get a 2nd single in top 10 after your fans have bought the album, then we can talk.