💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

“The only real star at the moment is Lady Gaga." - Elton John

Brie Candy

Featured Posts

I mean what about Taylor Swift? She’s being pretty real right now, all of her cells are properly aligned! :derpga:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lilmonzter
19 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

I mean what about Taylor Swift? She’s being pretty real right now, all of her cells are properly aligned! :derpga:

Cause of cellulite (jk) 

Couldn't help myself :teehee:

Sing C'est la vie 

Sorcerer

I guess we'll never know which artists will really stand the test of time for sure, but I think Gaga is the only artist today with the range of talents, commercial performance and acclaim that can be regarded as legendary :ohwell:

Brie Candy
14 minutes ago, VeniceBeach said:

I guess we'll never know which artists will really stand the test of time for sure, but I think Gaga is the only artist today with the range of talents, commercial performance and acclaim that can be regarded as legendary :ohwell:

true

LilyLark

That was sweet of him, but you know the worst of the twitter stans are going to get ugly about this comment :(. Some Gaga stans will use it to bash other artists, and then stans of other artists will snap back...ugh.

I believe Gaga, Adele, and Beyonce will all stand the test of time (Taylor to a certain degree, also, but not by Elton's definition, and Rihanna for her success with business). But I kind of get what he's saying—Adele is fantastic live, imo, as I've seen her before. But I've definitely heard some comments that she's somewhat uneven when she performs live, unlike Beyonce and Adele. And he should have included Beyonce, but I believe she doesn't do anywhere the same type of numbers in the UK that she does in the US so perhaps that's why? Like in my mom's home country, Rihanna way outsells everyone—even Adele—and Bey barely registers. She has an enormous impact in the US and is an icon here, but I'm not sure it's the same out of the U.S. But yeah, I still think he should have included her. Some other legend (can't think of who) also once said that Gaga, Adele, and Bey will last, too.

Franch Toast

Wait, weren't some of y'all just dragging Elton yesterday on another thread, saying things about how he hasn't had a hit since the 1970s, etc? Or calling him a one-hit wonder?  :triggered:

But yes, he speaks the truth, and even though LG may be Gaga Mother to his kids and his close friend, considering he had no problem sharing his feelings about ARTPOP, I think it's fair to say that he doesn't let his relationship with her sway how he feels about her work. 

I'd love to see Elton and LG collaborate on an original song. 

She/Her/Hers

2 hours ago, ThatBinch said:

The shade to Adele and Beyonce. :laughga:

Does Adele act? 

Can Beyoncé write and compose a song? 

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Madling

Not only is she a legend amongst audiences but she is an artist who is watched by her peers to see what she does next. She creates her own lane. Even if she wasn't a multi million selling artist with every award going, she is still a legend among her peers. There are many artists who never sold many records yet are remembered in the industry as game changers. I think if you have the GP and your peers in awe of you then you're a legend. They all know she's more talented than them.  Adele is talented but she doesnt have the sense of danger that Gaga brings with her risk taking. I remember Roxanne Gay commenting about LG after one of TV performances... Can't remember which.  But she said "I love the sense of danger Gaga brings".. 

See? Never boring. 

10 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

The compliement is nice but it's a lie. Taylor, Beyonce, maybe Jlo even, are true stars.

Not to start something, but by his definition hoe would Taylor be? She’s fairly uneven live, and she pretty much has one creative avenue which is music. She does big numbers but I don’t really see her making impact the way that Elton implies that a star needs to to be considered one. Again, not to start anything, I’m saying from Elton’s definition as he’s laying it out.

Beyonce I would say is and I would also agree with JLo! 

Archived