Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

Toronto To End Sewage Dumping In Lake Ontario

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/amp/news/article/news-torontos-plan-to-curb-billions-of-litres-of-raw-sewage-from-going-into

Toronto is spending $3 Billion to upgrade its old outdated sewage system in old parts of the city

Currently when it rains above q certain amount, the sewage and treatment plant system cannot handle all the load and a portion of dirty untreated water is simply dumped into Lake Ontario hence why people are told not to swim in Toronto beaches for 2 days after a rain storm

The upgrade is meant to make sure all water is treated before going into the lake even after a rain storm

Unfortunately the big upgrade isnt forecast to be complete until 2038 or almost 2 decades unless other levels of Government like Ontario or the Federal Government pitch in funding to speed up the work

Edited by Economy
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 1

littlepotter
7 minutes ago, Economy said:

the big upgrade isnt forecast to be complete until 2038

wow i'm glad the asteroid will enjoy its sewage free lake

• LMAO 8

TheSlash

Why did they even dump it unfiltered into the lake to begin with? :excuseu: 

Economy
1 minute ago, TheSlash said:

Why did they even dump it unfiltered into the lake to begin with? :excuseu: 

Because it has nowhere to go after a storm

most of the city has a really old sewage system that wasnt made to handle the amount of wather that goes thru it now

during normal days all the water is treated but when it rains more water goes thru sewers than treatment system can handle at full capacity so what are they suppostu do? :shrug:

Toronto isnt the only city that does this but at least they are trying to do something about it

TheSlash
Just now, Economy said:

Because it has nowhere to go after a storm

most of the city has a really old sewage system that wasnt made to handle the amount of wather that goes thru it now

during normal days all the water is treated but when it rains more water goes thru sewers than treatment system can handle at full capacity so what are they suppostu do? :shrug:

Toronto isnt the only city that does this but at least they are trying to do something about it

That was not my point :awkney: . I mean, they could've filtered it from the beginning or at least thought of that decades ago. It would've been finished by now when I look at the estimated completion :trollga: .

Economy
1 minute ago, TheSlash said:

That was not my point :awkney: . I mean, they could've filtered it from the beginning or at least thought of that decades ago. It would've been finished by now when I look at the estimated completion :trollga: .

What do u mean filtered it at the beggining?

TheSlash
37 minutes ago, Economy said:

What do u mean filtered it at the beggining?

That they should never have dumped it unfiltered into the lake in the first place and build it with some kind of filter mechanism when it was first constructed :lana: .

Economy
9 hours ago, TheSlash said:

That they should never have dumped it unfiltered into the lake in the first place and build it with some kind of filter mechanism when it was first constructed :lana: .

Oh. Yes agreed.

but the oldest parts of the sewage system was built in the late 1800s. Few ppl back then were constious of environmental problems

none of the politicians at fault for building inadequate sewer systems are even alive anymore

So we cant blame the politicians of today for how our grandparents and great grandparents built the city...

at least they are doing something about it now :shrug:

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1