Stefani Tee
lgbt

Gay couple get famous after taking stand against anti-LGBT protesters

Featured Posts

Lilmonzter

A gay couple in Chester has become a viral hit and have received tons of support after they shared a kiss in front of anti-LGBT protestors.

The couple of Joe Fergus and Robert Brookes, had just been to see a production of the Rocky Horror Picture Show at the city's Storyhouse Theatre.

However, when they emerged a small group of churchgoers has assembled opposite the theatre brandishing placards with bible quotes and verses. 

Rather than ignoring the protestors, Fergus and Brookes took a stand and kissed directly opposite them and reportedly earned a round of applause from onlookers.

71059682_2346711892109812_36584918919277

The image which was shared on Wednesday complete with the hashtag #SpreadLOVENotHate and people are delighted that they stood up to the protestors in their own unique way.

Speaking to Pink News Fergus revealed that the picketers had also been at the theatre on the previous night and that their reappearance had prompted him and his other half to take action.

"While having a drink prior to the show, I laughed and said to Rob: ‘Wouldn’t it be great if we didn’t acknowledge them at all and just kissed?

When we arrived, there was lots of shouting between the protesters and audience members waiting outside the theatre.

The problem with that is you can’t fight hate with hate, which is why we decided to spread some love.

We wanted to stand up for our rights and our community and I strongly encourage others to do the same.

I respect everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, I am also entitled to kiss my boyfriend wherever I want without judgment, and that’s what we are fighting for."

Aren't they a cute couple ❤

There are still bible thumping homophobes:fail:

Link to OG article https://www.indy100.com/article/gay-couple-kiss-protestors-chester-rocky-horror-picture-show-viral-picture-9114416?amp

Edited by Lilmonzter
Veni Vidi Amavi
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 13

PartySick

My favorite thing about waiting in line at the artRAVE and the JWT was all the homos making out in front of the protesters :sharon:

I identify as Michael Jackson. My pronouns are he/hee.
  • YAAAS 5
  • Shook 2

Guillaume Hamon
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

My favorite thing about waiting in line at the artRAVE and the JWT was all the homos making out in front of the protesters :sharon:

You had anti-gay protesters at the artRAVE and the JWT??!

I thought they stopped after the born this way ball.

• Thanks 2

little legend
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

Where are you from? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Gracious Gaga

Famous is a strong word lol . Viral is more appropriate 

xoxo gracious gaga

PartySick
3 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

You had anti-gay protesters at the artRAVE and the JWT??!

I thought they stopped after the born this way ball.

Yes :poot:

There was a whole group at the artRAVE, a smaller number at the JWT

3 hours ago, little legend said:

Where are you from? 

Florida :poot:

I identify as Michael Jackson. My pronouns are he/hee.
  • Shook 1