Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga in Talks to Star in Little Shop of Horrors for Warner Bros

thehanyo

Featured Posts

Borislshere
2 hours ago, KNJ said:

*Do it ASIB/Les Miz style--live recording. 

Idk if they’d be able to do that with animatronics unless you mean just the human character songs. 

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mindintransit

I would actually be disappointed if she followed ASIB with Little Shop of Horrors.
Critical acclaim, best actress nomination, invitation by the Academy actors branch – LG surely has many offers for her next movie. I'll support whatever she does but I would love her next movie to be an original screenplay with a great part (any genre). Not a musical or a remake. Little Shop of Horrors may be entertaining but it wouldn't really challenge her as well as being my least favorite possibility - a musical and a remake. 

Jollibee

I have a feeling that this remake today will be a panned mess. It looks corny. Imagine you are watching an ugly and scary plant singing.

Borislshere
14 minutes ago, mindintransit said:

Little Shop of Horrors may be entertaining but it wouldn't really challenge her as well as being my least favorite possibility - a musical and a remake. 

Audrey is almost a complete opposite of Gaga. It probably won’t be her most challenging role but in comparison to Ally in ASIB, it’d challenge her a lot more. 

On 9/20/2019 at 2:10 AM, The Cure said:

I have a feeling that this remake today will be a panned mess. It looks corny. Imagine you are watching an ugly and scary plant singing.

It has a lot of potential to re -up its iconic status. I can see a deft and clever producers/production freshen it up with wise casting and complete deference to the specialness of the past versions. A deft and clever writer could even weave in acknowledgements to contemporary (yet continual)  issues for "Skid Row" residents: gentrification being one.

I wanna see the 1969 film and '86 directors cut too. To get a better sense of ideas and where there's room for exploration.

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

On 9/20/2019 at 2:17 AM, Borislshere said:
On 9/20/2019 at 2:01 AM, mindintransit said:

Little Shop of Horrors may be entertaining but it wouldn't really challenge her as well as being my least favorite possibility - a musical and a remake. 

Audrey is almost a complete opposite of Gaga. It probably won’t be her most challenging role but in comparison to Ally in ASIB, it’d challenge her a lot more. 

My only concession is that it may not be challenging but it depends on what these people wanna do with this production (What's the direction? What's the new angle?). I'm not too concerned about back to back re-adaptations-- this is another production with histories going back to the 30s-- and some people will make comparisions, but that's never been the narrative with Little Shop like it is with ASIB. If it 's right, it's right :shrug:

Vitleysingur

Sorry for my being uncultivated because I only got to see the movie today :bradley:

Wow it's such an amazing musical even though some parts are TERRIFYING :eww::eww::eww: 

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

On 9/19/2019 at 11:14 PM, Phlop said:

Like she was in talks to be Ursula?

I think Melissa McCarthy is  being heavily considered. I def see it and would support 100% :party:

On 9/20/2019 at 12:27 AM, Borislshere said:

I was thinking janelle monae, lizzo, and Ari Lennox could play crystal, ronnette and chiffon.

hb2gi17j4n411.jpg?auto=webp&s=7ae7c02361

I was thinking Amber Riley, Keke Palmer & Anitta but I love your choices too, I just don't know if they're too big for these roles.

Borislshere
1 minute ago, Noir said:

I was thinking Amber Riley, Keke Palmer & Anitta but I love your choices too, I just don't know if they're too big for these roles.

Those choices could work too. I also thought about them being "too big" but who knows, they could give these three girls bigger storylines in the new film. Also Gaga was pretty big when she was playing small roles in  Machete kills and Sin city. I don't think Lizzo or Ari have had acting roles so it'd be a good way to get their foot into the door 

While I already said this looks like a mess waiting to happen, with a smart writer it has the potential to be another Greatest Showman (panned but entertaining and successful). Still it would require a really good writer/director and the risk is too great. I say pass.

Archived