Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How did 1989 win over To Pimp a Butterfly?

whocares

Featured Posts

31 minutes ago, BBhomemaker said:

Trashdaily putting down Kendrick one of the few rapper that stand for equality and love and talk about real issues unlike 60% of the homophobic mumbling "rappers" 

:applause: you did it, good job ggd

Truth spilled.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never had an intention or desire to listen to Kendrick's album, but 1989 is practically a pop masterpiece.

It's not hard to understand why it would win over Kendrick, honestly.

StrawberryBlond
11 hours ago, Stephen said:

I don’t think you’re right about Kendrick. I can see his next album being just as big or almost as big as DAMN, if he keeps delivering quality. A lot of people like him. He’s just between album cycles right now. 

I don't know. Childish Gambino really took over while he's been away and he'll be competing against a whole bunch of new names on the scene that have come up in the last 2 years.

11 hours ago, BBhomemaker said:

Trashdaily putting down Kendrick one of the few rapper that stand for equality and love and talk about real issues unlike 60% of the homophobic mumbling "rappers" 

:applause: you did it, good job ggd

You know that gif of the little girl saying "we can't we have both?" Well, I ask "why can't we hate both?" It's all very well to stand for equality and love but if you can't express it in a good artistic way...and as for the mumbling homophobic rappers, most of GGD hates them, so I don't know what your point is here.

Because 1989 is better? 1989 doesn’t need swearing at every 10 seconds, songs about how good she is and sexist lyrics (stuff that 90% of rap albums talk about). It’s good for what it is.  

BBhomemaker
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I don't know. Childish Gambino really took over while he's been away and he'll be competing against a whole bunch of new names on the scene that have come up in the last 2 years.

You know that gif of the little girl saying "we can't we have both?" Well, I ask "why can't we hate both?" It's all very well to stand for equality and love but if you can't express it in a good artistic way...and as for the mumbling homophobic rappers, most of GGD hates them, so I don't know what your point is here.

You wanna hate him ? Go ahead :oops:

but if you can't get his messages and art i cant do anything, you see him as a pretentious black lives matter artist .. alright thats you, some of us saw and heard way more 

And don't questions my "points" i dont post "points", i said that Kendrick stand up in the hip hop community, which we need it .. but as you said you dont get it so it dont change anything for you, but if you consider putting down poeple and reducing them well I'm gonna let you here and stop the conversation :chica:

19 minutes ago, BBhomemaker said:

You wanna hate him ? Go ahead :oops:

but if you can't get his messages and art i cant do anything, you see him as a pretentious black lives matter artist .. alright thats you, some of us saw and heard way more 

And don't questions my "points" i dont post "points", i said that Kendrick stand up in the hip hop community, which we need it .. but as you said you dont get it so it dont change anything for you, but if you consider putting down poeple and reducing them well I'm gonna let you here and stop the conversation :chica:

No point in debating this with this particular user. She has a history of placing unfair standards on black artists/not understanding their work. Very bias with next to zero knowledge of hip-hop.

3 hours ago, Super said:

Because 1989 is better? 1989 doesn’t need swearing at every 10 seconds, songs about how good she is and sexist lyrics (stuff that 90% of rap albums talk about). It’s good for what it is.  

You have evidently not listened to TPAB if you think that's what it is. I'd urge you to do your research before making such posts - it would be easy for you to look like a fool and for people to believe that you are ignorant and stupid. And we wouldn't want that.

whocares
9 hours ago, Nightwing said:

I never had an intention or desire to listen to Kendrick's album, but 1989 is practically a pop masterpiece.

It's not hard to understand why it would win over Kendrick, honestly.

So you’re saying it should’ve won over Kendrick without ever listening to the album and having no intentions? But suddenly is not that hard to understand why it won? I mean, can you be more ignorant?

whocares
6 hours ago, Super said:

Kendrick Lamar is not 90% of the rap community. That’s why he’s on his own land. You obviously haven’t even listened to the album.

Saint Gaga
On 9/15/2019 at 7:51 AM, Morphine Prince said:

Just like Billie's album(whatever tf it is called) will probably get awards and Lana’s Norman F*cking Rockwell! will be ignored despite it being the best album of the year. 

Fixed it for you

1989 is one of the best pop albums of our time and if one cannot at least acknowledge how well crafted 1989 is then the bias against Taylor is far too REAL. I think 1989 had a greater impact on Pop than TPAB had on Hip-Hop. Besides DAMN is a better album and you should have made a case for how that lost against 24K Magic. 

whocares
5 minutes ago, Versace said:

1989 is one of the best pop albums of our time and if one cannot at least acknowledge how well crafted 1989 is then the bias against Taylor is far too REAL. I think 1989 had a greater impact on Pop than TPAB had on Hip-Hop. Besides DAMN is a better album and you should have made a case for how that lost against 24K Magic. 

I think is time for some of you to really not speak on the impact TPAB had on the hip hop community. Because it’s clear to me how all of you are out touch. DAMN is nowhere near as good as TPAB. The latter is known as one of the best albums of the 21st century. 1989 is nowhere near.

Morphine Prince
33 minutes ago, Saint Gaga said:

Fixed it for you

I actually agree but OOP the obsessed Billie hater JUMPED OUT. 

3 hours ago, scarlxrd said:

I think is time for some of you to really not speak on the impact TPAB had on the hip hop community. Because it’s clear to me how all of you are out touch. DAMN is nowhere near as good as TPAB. The latter is known as one of the best albums of the 21st century. 1989 is nowhere near.

Calm down we just have differing opinions, no one is invading your home or somethin :awkney:

xoxo Craig
7 hours ago, Super said:

Kendrick Lamar is FAR from your "90% of rappers" lmao. He is one of the few to talk about real sh*t. He is very artistic and experimental... I hate rap/hip-hop but I would absolutely listen to Kendrick in a heartbeat. 

End Racism Now

Archived