šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How did 1989 win over To Pimp a Butterfly?

whocares

Featured Posts

whocares
10 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Just like Lover will probably get awards and Lanaā€™s Norman F*cking Rockwell! will be ignored despite it being the best album of the year.Ā 

Lover will probably be nominated for AOTY. However, I think it should only be recognized in the BestĀ Pop Vocal Album category. And even there, I think Ariana was better onĀ Thank You, Next.

The only hope I have for NFR is that now eight albums can be nominated and there werenā€™t many this year.Ā 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SPARTACUS
18 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Because mediocrity that sells a lot is rewarded. And 1989 is actually her best Pop album.Ā 

Just like Lover will probably get awards and Lanaā€™s Norman F*cking Rockwell! will be ignored despite it being the best album of the year.Ā 

End of story. :coffee:

-š“š‡š„ š…š€šŒš„ š„ššˆš†šŒš€ā„¢

whocares
3 minutes ago, sampool said:

Because 1989 didnā€™t age like milk, like Kendrickā€™s recordĀ 

To Pimp A Butterfly hardly aged like milk lol.

ANTI WP
1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

Lanaā€™s Norman F*cking Rockwell! will be ignored despite it being the best album of the year.Ā 

Omg no .... lana should win this timeĀ :crossed:

1 hour ago, scarlxrd said:

To Pimp A Butterfly hardly aged like milk lol.

An overhyped album that aged like milk out on a hot summer day. IfĀ it was that good people would still be talking about it or playingĀ it, when inĀ realityĀ this is the first time I hear of that album since 2017.Ā 

Itā€™s probably my biggest iTunes purchase regret, I gave into the hype and deleted the album a year after.Ā 

Taylors 1989 100% deserved that Grammy.

1 hour ago, sampool said:

Because 1989 didnā€™t age like milk, like Kendrickā€™s recordĀ 

You mean 1989ā€™s 80s pop sound hasnā€™t aged? /s

Ā 

TPAB has a fairly transcendent sound since it pulls from *so* many eras. It isnā€™t futuristic or retro or current. It does its own thing pulling from all of that. Even when released it was its own thing. You can not like it, but saying itā€™s aged is a very odd assessment of the music on it.

Ā 

Also, people are still talking about TPAB, just not in pop circles since, ya know, it isnā€™t pop lol

6 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

You mean 1989ā€™s 80s pop sound hasnā€™t aged? /s

Ā 

TPAB has a fairly transcendent sound since it pulls from *so* many eras. It isnā€™t futuristic or retro or current. It does its own thing pulling from all of that. Even when released it was its own thing. You can not like it, but saying itā€™s aged is a very odd assessment of the music on it.

Ā 

Also, people are still talking about TPAB, just not in pop circles since, ya know, it isnā€™t pop lol

So youā€™re saying it was outdatedĀ on arrival? Okay.

whocares
On 9/14/2019 at 9:08 PM, sampool said:

An overhyped album

After listening To Pimp A Butterfly, yes, 1989 is an overhyped album by pop fans compared to the beautiful work of Kendrickā€™s album.

Also, @ZiggyĀ clearly said that it pulls from different eras but it does its own thing. It doesnā€™t mean itā€™s outdated. IĀ can use the same argument for 1989. It pulls from 80ā€™s synth-pop. Does it mean now isĀ outdated by your own logic?

18 minutes ago, scarlxrd said:

After listening To Pimp A Butterfly, yes, 1989 is an overhyped album by pop fans compared to the beautiful work of Kendrickā€™s album. Also, @ZiggyĀ clearly said tha it pulls from different eras but it does its own thing. Itā€™s not at all outdated.Ā 

Okay you keep convincing yourself about that, at the end of the day 1989 got the Grammy, sold more albums and is still getting played on the radio.Ā 

whocares
4 minutes ago, sampool said:

Okay you keep convincing yourself about that, at the end of the day 1989 got the Grammy, sold more albums and is still getting played on the radio.Ā 

I mean, youā€™re the one not making any sense. Because as I said, 1989 also pulls from a different era. 80ā€™s synth-pop. So by your own logic that album is outdated too. I donā€™t have to keep convincing myself.Ā Must people agree. To Pimp A Butterfly is the better album. And of course 1989 plays on the radio. Itā€™s POP.

3 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Idk, but the Grammys choices has always been peculiar.Ā DAMN and Melodrama were easily better than 24k Magic, but the latter won.Ā 

It's normal and totally logical

The votes were split

Archived