Stefani Tee
politics

Beto Rourke fact check

Featured Posts

Woolfsmck

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/fact-check-could-a-president-beto-orourke-confiscate-assault-weapons/ar-AFormer Rep. Beto O'Rourke of Texas has made his position on assault weapons crystal clear. "Hell, yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47," O'Rourke said during Thursday's Democratic presidential debate. "We're not going to allow it to be used against our fellow Americans anymore.

Noble Idea.... impossible to implement … this candidate isn't gonna be our president anyway … so 

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

TheQueenLG

That's a sh*tty fact check. :interestinga:

The question of whether AR-15/AK-47 type weapons are dangerous and unusual is obviously yes. I don't give a f*ck if these guns are in common use. That's totally irrelevant. That's like saying everyone drives cars, so we can't regulate how they're used. 

And yes, I'm well aware that cars aren't protected by the 2A, but I'm also aware that the 2A states that the militia must be well-regulated

The purpose of the 2A is not to prevent regulations on assault-style weapons... The purpose of the 2A is to ensure that non-assault-style weapons can be legally obtained by our citizens to fight back against tyranny. 

The other interpretations of the 2A are brought to you by the bloody hands of the NRA/gun lobby. Periodt. 

Edited by TheQueenLG
  • Thanks 4

MrG1087
6 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

The question of whether AR-15/AK-47 type weapons are dangerous and unusual is obviously yes. I don't give a f*ck if these guns are in common use. That's totally irrelevant. That's like saying everyone drives cars, so we can't regulate how they're used. 

And yes, I'm well aware that cars aren't protected by the 2A, but I'm also aware that the 2A states that the militia must be well-regulated

The purpose of the 2A is not to prevent regulations on assault-style weapons... The purpose of the 2A is to ensure that non-assault-style weapons can be legally obtained by our citizens to fight back against tyranny. 

The other interpretations of the 2A are brought to you by the bloody hands of the NRA/gun lobby. Periodt. 

#Facts

Woolfsmck
10 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

beto wants to confiscate … that's a bit more than ….regulating …. 

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

TheQueenLG
41 minutes ago, Woolfsmck said:

beto wants to confiscate … that's a bit more than ….regulating …. 

Nice try.

According to the 2A, the militia, in totality, must be regulated. That means that some weaponry will not be available to folks outside the military (think: machine guns). The AR-15/AK-47 style weapons, if the 2A were being properly followed, would never have been able to be obtained by everyday citizens. Unfortunately, due to pressures from sources like the NRA and their influence on our legislators, these guns have been obtainable by everyday citizens. 

Therefore in order to properly achieve the main goal of the 2A, a well-regulated militia, these guns must unfortunately be taken back by the government. I want to underscore that this process should not be necessary today... These types of weapons should never have been obtainable by the everyday citizen. 

But in order to limit mass shootings and protect the children of this country today, action must be taken, in the form of a buy-back program, to reverse the work of the NRA and its longstanding corrupting influence on gun legislation. 

Edited by TheQueenLG
  • Thanks 2

Woolfsmck
1 hour ago, TheQueenLG said:

Nice try.

According to the 2A, the militia, in totality, must be regulated. That means that some weaponry will not be available to folks outside the military (think: machine guns). The AR-15/AK-47 style weapons, if the 2A were being properly followed, would never have been able to be obtained by everyday citizens. Unfortunately, due to pressures from sources like the NRA and their influence on our legislators, these guns have been obtainable by everyday citizens. 

Therefore in order to properly achieve the main goal of the 2A, a well-regulated militia, these guns must unfortunately be taken back by the government. I want to underscore that this process should not be necessary today... These types of weapons should never have been obtainable by the everyday citizen. 

But in order to limit mass shootings and protect the children of this country today, action must be taken, in the form of a buy-back program, to reverse the work of the NRA and its longstanding corrupting influence on gun legislation. 

Sayn the same thing twice doesn't change the content ...please read beto's proposal and listen to what he said on national tv....

Confiscate  is not regulate...

Control who has these weapons...because there are millions of people who have never shot anyone....

I am firmly against Beto based on policy .. 

Edited by Woolfsmck
  • LMAO 1

TheQueenLG
2 minutes ago, Woolfsmck said:

Sayn the same thing twice doesn't change the content ...please read beto's proposal and listen to what he said on national tv....

Confiscate  is not regulate...

Control who has these weapons...because there are millions of people who have never shot anyone....

I am firmly against Beto based on policy .. 

Regulating the militia in totality means some guns are going to be illegal for everyday citizens to own. 

If done correctly from the start, AR-15/AK-47 type weapons would have always been part of those guns that are illegal for everyday citizens to own. 

The only reason everyday citizens can own these types of weapons is the corrupting influence of the NRA/gun lobby on our legislators. 

It is the fault of the NRA that Dems, in order to protect the safety of our children, are going to have confiscate guns from people. 

Don't blame Dems for confiscating the guns that should have never been legal to own in the first place. Blame the NRA, whose influence enabled these guns to be owned in the first place. 

MJHolland

All you have to do to trigger a conservative gun nut it to suggest the very reasonable concern that an untrained, unlicensed, and non-background checked private civilian shouldn't have access to weapons of mass destruction. Which is what these guns are. They were designed with the express purpose of killing a lot of human beings in the shortest amount of time possible.

It's glorious. 

And hell yes, we're going to take them all away. 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 3
  • Thanks 1

HeavyyMetalVenuss

being a student still in school, having action actually taken on regulating guns would be amazing. the threat of getting shot in a school or even just somewhere as simple as a walmart or festival shouldn’t stay a reality.

i support beto on this, there’s absolutely no reason for access to assault weapons if you aren’t in the military under military supervision! if self defense is your concern, a weapon that’s aiming for mass killing in battle should not be attainable.

the second amendment was not written with modern military firearms even imaginable, cry me a river if that argument’s brought up. would you rather have your guns to show off, or see more men women and children being slaughtered on your tv?

Edited by HeavyyMetalVenuss
love it when u call me leggs, in the morning buy me eggs
  • YAAAS 1

Woolfsmck
50 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

Regulating the militia in totality means some guns are going to be illegal for everyday citizens to own. 

Yep...add military as assault rifles to the list...sure...

No way to collect the ones that got sold  already without cheating the honest  owners.  

You can fvck and get pregnant...but you 'have' to keep the baby...women have no say so....

?????????

It's the same thing....give me the option and  would likely comply...force me and I rebel....

Edited by Woolfsmck
  • LMAO 1

Woolfsmck

Also...

Hand guns by far cause the most gun deaths ...and they are specifically made for military application...

FATCAT

Just a heads up @Woolfsmck his name is actually Beto O'Rourke

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓

Woolfsmck
54 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

All you have to do to trigger a conservative gun nut it to . 

See any gun nuts in this thread?

• Thanks 1

Woolfsmck
Just now, FATCAT said:

Just a heads up @Woolfsmck his name is actually Beto O'Rourke

K...but you get my stance on spelling...right?✌

millerkrause

Beto is GREAT, so glad he was the only candidate with the courage to speak power to truth.  Definitely will be getting a donation from me to his campaign.  I 100% support his effort to take guns away.  Anyone who owns a AR-15 is probably too immature to own it, because they believe this world is a video game, and that's why they got such a ridiculous weapon in the first place.  No logical person would own a gun that is capable of killing masses of people.

• Like 1