Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Guardian: 100 best albums of 21st Century

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Gimme More
Just now, CautiousLurker said:

But In The Zone does? :laughga:

Yeah, I'm sure the masterpiece collection of the 21st century is missing out on songs like Hook up and I got that Boom Boom :poot:

In The Zone is a masterpiece, it includes Toxic, Every time, Touch of my hand, Breathe on me

everyone has different opinions, like you believe certain albums should be in there or higher, which i do not :reductive:

it's just an opinion :selena:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

People saying Beyoncé is overrated but not a word about Ms. Winehouse's 60s American soul impersonations being called the album of the century:rip:

It’s an timeless album that brings all different types of generation together. It’s universally loved. Although not my favorite album of this century, it definitely deserved:golfclap:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

CautiousLurker
Just now, Gimme More said:

In The Zone is a masterpiece, it includes Toxic, Every time, Touch of my hand, Breathe on me

everyone has different opinions, like you believe certain albums should be in there or higher, which i do not :reductive:

it's just an opinion :selena:

But there are works that are genuinely far more intricate and complex - In The Zone is hardly that, and just because it features one genuinely good song doesn't make it a masterpiece overall, far from it... This is why these lists are bs - just because something is popular doesn't mean it's the best that venue has to offer - noone really bothers to actually compile a list of good works of art and  outline a merit to assess them...  Opinions are fine, but they can also be bad :flower:

Gimme More
1 minute ago, CautiousLurker said:

But there are works that are genuinely far more intricate and complex - In The Zone is hardly that, and just because it features one genuinely good song doesn't make it a masterpiece overall, far from it... This is why these lists are bs - just because something is popular doesn't mean it's the best that venue has to offer - noone really bothers to actually compile a list of good works of art and  outline a merit to assess them...  Opinions are fine, but they can also be bad :flower:

this is merely your opinion! you do not believe it is a masterpiece, but many people do.

that's fine that you don't like it, i don't get why you're making this into a big deal and why you feel the need to try and bash the album? :ladyhaha: it's not going to make me love it any less.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

CautiousLurker
Just now, Gimme More said:

this is merely your opinion! you do not believe it is a masterpiece, but many people do.

that's fine that you don't like it, i don't get why you're making this into a big deal and why you feel the need to try and bash the album? :ladyhaha:

What is the basis for that belief then - that's part of my point, what is the merit you're assessing it on? Cuz saying that on the basis of 'I just really like it' leaves much to be desired... 

And I'm not bashing it... I just don't think it should be hailed as a musical masterpiece... cuz it isn't one... 

Gimme More
2 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

What is the basis for that belief then - that's part of my point, what is the merit you're assessing it on? Cuz saying that on the basis of 'I just really like it' leaves much to be desired... 

And I'm not bashing it... I just don't think it should be hailed as a musical masterpiece... cuz it isn't one... 

what i'm saying is everyone has opinions! in your eyes it is not good and that is fine! what do you not understand? :ladyhaha:

i'm not going to waste my time explaining why i love it, when you've already came into this thread and started bashing it and it's clear you won't change your mind - which is fine.

just because you don't enjoy it, does not mean others won't. i think if you spoke to most people that have listened to it, they love the album!

please do not bother replying, because i keep repeating to you it's fine to have opposing opinions. you seem to think your opinion is the only right one, which makes you appear deluded :oops:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Vitleysingur

If you don't write your ****ing music, you don't deserve to be included in any list. :whitney:

OT: My favs DID that!

Gaga

Robyn

Sufjan Stevens

Antony and the Johnsons

Joanna Newsom

Frank Ocean

The National 

Fleet Foxes :giveup:

And where is FKA twigs, Solange and Blood Orange??

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

HausOfMiklaus

I'd kick Blackout and add Melodrama in the Top 25. Honestly this list became null and void when Lorde was excluded. 

gagaxsebert
3 hours ago, Suspiria said:

People saying Beyoncé is overrated but not a word about Ms. Winehouse's 60s American soul impersonations being called the album of the century:rip:

It is a good album. #1 not so sure but self titled did not deserve no 9 lemonade could’ve been higher instead 

Used to be HighRoad

Prismatic Light

Not one of the most iconic and legendary albums ever like confessions on a dancefloor not being included :triggered:

All these lists are always so stupid and useless tbh I really think they depend on the personal taste of who writes them:huntyga:

Be kind 🧡

27 minutes ago, Mars said:

Vespertine over Homogenic :oprah:

Pretty random list, a lot of the artists on it have better albums with more impact musically.

21st century hun

Archived