Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Texas Prefers Dem Candidate Over Trump, Sanders Leads

Featured Posts

Marilyn MonHoe
14 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

The topic is about the presidency. When do you think Texans will vote for either Trump or the dem nominee? The primary?

I say a center nominee is the best chance for a dem to win Texas because that’s what the past points to. We’ve already seen a moderate face off against a far left candidate in Texas. The moderate (Hillary) won by a landslide against a far left candidate (Bernie) in the democratic primary. Clearly dems in Texas aren’t quite as left as we’re making them out to be. We saw another moderate come close to unseating a republican incubate but that was under favorable circumstances for the moderate (Beto), which shouldn’t be automatically expected to happen again.

The topic is about who would win Texas over Trump, not who would win the presidency itself over Trump. You’re deflecting and moving the goal post of the argument because you can’t defend against these poll numbers. The politics of 2019 are vastly different from the politics of 2016, thanks to Bernie’s influence :oops:

ltlmnstr
1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

I live in Texas and.... I would like to see it. 

Texas is slowly voting more blue in certain areas but it would be a miracle for a Dem to win here in 2020. 

There’s a (perfect) illusion that Texas is a red state. It’s a non-voting state that let’s the Red win.

Morphine Prince
4 minutes ago, ltlmnstr said:

There’s a (perfect) illusion that Texas is a red state. It’s a non-voting state that let’s the Red win.

And gerrymandered to hell. People don’t realize how much closer elections would be here if voter turnout was high. Sigh.  

• Like 1

LateToCult
Just now, Marilyn MonHoe said:

The topic is about who would win Texas over Trump, not who would win the presidency itself over Trump. You’re deflecting and moving the goal post of the argument because you can’t defend against these poll numbers. The politics of 2019 are vastly different from the politics of 2016, thanks to Bernie’s influence :oops:

I’m literally talking about the 2020 Texas presidential election. Meaning the general election when the United States votes for the president of the United States which so happens to be the time when Texans get out and vote for who they want to be president. That’s why I say it is about the presidential election. It’s literally when Texas will vote.

I’m not deflecting. I’ve only talked about the voting patterns of Democrats in Texas. Not other states, which show that in general, Democrats in Texas are not excited at all by far left candidates. That’s why I find it very hard to believe that in 2020, even with a bump in more liberal voters, Dems in Texas and some republicans will go out and vote full force for Warren, Sanders, or Yang and deliver the state to one of them over Trump. That poll is to be taken with a large grain of salt because it’s making a bold statement that we’ve seen before and turned out to be very wrong.

KingRedd
2 hours ago, derpmonster said:

Texas is much more blue and liberal leaning than people realize. It's the gerrymandering and explosion of votes from rural areas that gives Republicans an unfair advantage. Texas is actually even racially diverse compared to much of the South but oh well.

This! Lived here all my life and couldn't ever understand why we were Rep for so ling until I found out how many small towns we have here that are Red no matter what. Our Latino/Mexican community needs to turn out huge for us to overcome. 

May I Read You? 😎
  • Like 1

gabeoz
2 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

I live in Texas and.... I would like to see it. 

Texas is slowly voting more blue in certain areas but it would be a miracle for a Dem to win here in 2020. 

Texas probably won’t start voting more left for another couple of decades, but the democrat presence is growing rapidly. I just moved to San Antonio a couple months ago so another blue voter :vegas:

• YAAAS 1

gabeoz
1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

And gerrymandered to hell. People don’t realize how much closer elections would be here if voter turnout was high. Sigh.  

In times like this I like to think about Dan Crenshaw’s totally normal congressional district 

Screen-Shot-2019-04-16-at-9.46.35-PM.png

• LMAO 1
  • Shook 1

Morphine Prince
9 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

In times like this I like to think about Dan Crenshaw’s totally normal congressional district 

I live in Houston and YUP :rip:

It’s 100% drawn in areas with more Republicans. 

• Shook 1

ltlmnstr
15 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I live in Houston and YUP :rip:

It’s 100% drawn in areas with more Republicans. 

25 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

I hate him with a vengeance. Y’all down south need to vote him out and sue over gerrymandering.

Pete Davidson did nothing wrong making fun of him. 

Morphine Prince
8 minutes ago, ltlmnstr said:

I hate him with a vengeance. Y’all down south need to vote him out and sue over gerrymandering.

Pete Davidson did nothing wrong making fun of him. 

I don’t live in his district. But he needs to go. 

• Like 1

Nightwing

I hope this is a shift that happens over the whole of the country; that said, my hopes aren't too high for Louisiana.

People are so dumb here. For a state with New Orleans at its core, you'd think people would be more... liberal. But, naturally, it's the rural areas that end up beating everything else out.

Economy
On 9/11/2019 at 1:17 AM, derpmonster said:

Texas is much more blue and liberal leaning than people realize. It's the gerrymandering and explosion of votes from rural areas that gives Republicans an unfair advantage. Texas is actually even racially diverse compared to much of the South but oh well.

Still dont get why rural areas are given more voting power per person

1 person from rural area should have same voting power as 1 person from city 

a person is a person end of story

trying to equalize small towns to have a simmilar voice to million people cities is rediculous beyond belief to me

• Thanks 1