Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
science

Rare Albino Hummingbird Spotted in Ohio

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

White coloration on birds or other animals can be caused by either leucism or albinism. A bird with leucism will still have a normal-colored bill and eyes and some feathers may have normal pigmentation, while birds with albinism, which is more rare, will have all-white feathers along with a pinkish bill and eyes. The pink eyes and bill on the ruby-throated hummingbird the Gutkas spotted would indicate it is albino.

These rare birds are often prized finds for birders and other nature enthusiasts. And while they typically generate a lot of buzz, unusually colored animals do pop up from time to time.

EDtSAF2WwAAduqo?format=jpg&name=small

The all-white hummingbird the Gutkas spotted was likely migrating south for the winter. Most ruby-throated hummingbirds that spend summers in their breeding grounds in the northern United States and Canada migrate south to Mexico and Central America for the winter.

Source: https://www.reconnectwithnature.org/news-events/the-buzz/rare-albino-hummingbird-spotted-ohio

It's very beautiful, I wish there were more HQ pics.

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 13

jprince99x

What is an Ohio. I’m from US and never heard of it. Some kind of bird sanctuary?

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

the Devil of Pop
2 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

What is an Ohio. I’m from US and never heard of it. Some kind of bird sanctuary?

I'm pretty sure it's Japanese for "the king's tail" so that's probably what it is. There are a lot of weeaboos in America so it would make sense. 

How can I protect something so perfect without evil?

PartySick
1 hour ago, Lighter said:

Isn’t that a katy perry song or sum 

Albino Hummingbird actually sounds like the name of an old country song I'd put on repeat :flutter:

Beautiful animal :saira:

#KeepAmericaGreatAgain 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Mer Boy
23 minutes ago, Nightwing said:

Gorgeous? Cute? It looks evil, honestly. :lolga:

It reportedly enjoys pecking humans to death. 

Flopplause
10 hours ago, Mer Boy said:

It reportedly enjoys pecking humans to death. 

good, let's send a horde to the White House right now

• LMAO 1