💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Death of Melody

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

Nikolai Barrow

I definitely see what he's saying but he actually cut the melodic part out of Pokerface :interestinga: generally I don't think Gaga is a good example of this trend because most of her songs are melody driven (Bad Romance Born This Way Shallow to just name a few). I think it's what's always made her stand out, a lot of her songs almost have an ABBA style melody. Very sing songy.

But to the larger point I hadn't thought about it but it's very true. Guess art and music change over time and it's not necessarily a bad thing. These "hooks" still in a way fill the void left by melody. 

joannesrats

Musicians and listeners aren’t lazy, don’t even try to think that. The creativity is there, it’s just a trend and a change in pop music taken from the monotonous tone of some rap 

AJRocketMan

It’s true. And it’s actually one of the reasons  why I fell in love with Madonna recently. Her songs are super melodic and she has such a strong ear for melody. Her melodies are so beautiful and creative and I feel that no one artist comes close to the gorgeous melodies that Madonna’s music blesses our ears with. :pray:

20 minutes ago, Widows Kiss said:

He literally used Poker Face as an example :saladga:

He’s not wrong though. :stalkga: Even if Gaga’s music is melody driven, most of the time it’s not as beautiful as what you’d hear from ‘80s and ‘90s music, while still catchy. She’s a lot like Michael Jackson and Prince in that sense—catchy melodies but not beautiful ones per se. She does have her standouts (Paparazzi, Summerboy, Born This Way, Do What U Want, Sexxx Dreams, Applause). I’d say Kesha and Lana in their early years had more prominent melodies than Gaga does.

5 hours ago, Defmix100 said:

I think the main reason Gaga uses minimal melodic verses is so that her very melodic chorus' stand out even more, it's a great contrast and makes the chorus' shine

But ever since Joanne the chorus’ aren’t really melodic either ? 

Edit: screams don’t count as melody 

Archived