Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Death of Melody

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs

Found this very insightful video about how music is getting less and less melodious...

It's quite sad...musicians and listeners alike are truly getting lazier each day :bradley:

seashellplay

i'm sorry i really can't stand this whole phenomena in which people whine about pop music being bad and then in retrospect creampie themselves wishing for it back omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111. at least lady gaga has dropped pop and is probably going to make a jazz country album 

Defmix100

I think the main reason Gaga uses minimal melodic verses is so that her very melodic chorus' stand out even more, it's a great contrast and makes the chorus' shine

FfFfFfFF

One comment on that video says that it's not that music is becoming melody-less per say but the singles and gave bad guy vs i love you by Billie as an example and I agree. I can understand why she chose Poker Face but Gaga has so many melodic songs with melodic choruses.

RadioIsOurs
1 hour ago, Defmix100 said:

I think the main reason Gaga uses minimal melodic verses is so that her very melodic chorus' stand out even more, it's a great contrast and makes the chorus' shine

Honestly Poker Face wasn't the best example used, because the chorus slaps quite hard, helped especially by contrasting with the more monotone verses.

tomsches

He didn't lie. In fact he spilled a lot of hot tea. 

He didn't say that pop music and the examples he gave were bad songs. He actually praised them. He only points out that melodies are disappearing and are not as popular anymore, but that doesn't mean music is bad nowadays. 

Helxig

THE F.UCKING KAZOO KID :ladyhaha:  that killed me! I'm only a few mins in but had to stop there for a second.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

FameHookah

Gaga is one of the best regarding to melodies tho, i mean she got me into Jazz and Yeehaw music, thats something i never tought i would be singing ever but she did THAT, even ASIB had amazing melodies.

WTF is MDNA

Archived