💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Jordan Pruitt Sues Disney & Her Former Manager Who She Says Abused Her

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

gettyimages-154628139.jpg&w=300&c=sc&poi

The Voice singer Jordan Pruitt is suing her former label, Hollywood Records, its parent company, the Walt Disney Co., and her former manager, who she says molested her — with the abuse beginning when she was just 14 years old.

According to court documents obtained by PEOPLE, Pruitt, who filed the complaint on Aug. 30 after originally filing earlier that month using pseudonyms, named her abuser as producer and songwriter Keith Thomas.

Pruitt is suing Hollywood Records and Disney for failing to “prevent” the abuse “from occurring.”

The lawsuit alleges that the label encouraged her to work with Thomas as her mentor and producer and allowed him to be “unsupervised” when with her.

In addition, Pruitt claims in the suit that Thomas was very controlling when it came to her career. He forbade her from communicating with boys her age, “deleting male contacts from her cell phone,” the lawsuit states.

Thomas allegedly also controlled “the bookings, studio sessions, tour schedules, public relations schedules and media requests.”

Pruitt claims in the lawsuit that Thomas would spew hurtful comments about her “weight, looks, voice, songwriting ability, maturity and intelligence.”

“The beating-down process was soon repeatedly followed by a period of incredible showering of attention, compliments, flirting touching and assurances that Thomas ‘loved [Pruitt].'”

The alleged abuse began when Pruitt was 14 and didn’t stop until right before her 16th birthday, she claims in the lawsuit. She alleges Thomas took her virginity.

Pruitt also alleges in the court documents that she was “drugged and anally penetrated” by Thomas. She says in the lawsuit that the alleged abuse occurred at the Staples Center, on sound stages at the Warner Bros. lot, in artists’ trailers, hotel rooms and parked cars.

Pruitt slammed Hollywood Records and Disney in a statement to Variety, “Unfortunately, these large companies are primarily concerned with sales, money and charts. Too often they fall short of protecting the young talent that they are ‘supposed’ to be caretakers for. Time and time again we see people in positions of power fail us. I couldn’t be more disappointed in how Disney treats their underage talent like cash cows.”

https://people.com/music/jordan-pruitt-files-lawsuit-against-disney-former-manager-whom-she-says-abused-her/?utm_source=facebook.com&xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag&utm_campaign=peoplemag&utm_medium=social

DeleteMyAccount
2 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

Pedophilia at Disney? I’m shocked :reductive:

Pedophilia exists everywhere.

Nightwing

It's going to be a long and winding road for her. Probably.

I'm sure Disney has an actual army of lawyers. Good luck to her.

Delusional
4 minutes ago, Nightwing said:

It's going to be a long and winding road for her. Probably.

I'm sure Disney has an actual army of lawyers. Good luck to her.

I’m sure she would only sue if she knew she had at least a chance. This isn’t like its a quick cash grab.

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

Lord Temptation
5 hours ago, ZacharyMark said:

Pedophilia exists everywhere.

Especially where there are kids and exploitation.

Archived