Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Ava Max is the new Meghan Trainor...

PerfectCure

Featured Posts

PerfectCure

...and not the new Lady Gaga as many would think.

Before replying, keep in mind that Ava's success is widely based on the European market so I am not going to take Billboard Hot 100 as the only way of comparison. 

Sweet But Psycho & All About That Bass = Debut singles as break-out artists that found major success and also their biggest hits. Both songs went #1 in many countries. 

Ava_Max_%E2%80%93_Sweet_but_Psycho.pngMeghan_Trainor_-_All_About_That_Bass_(Official_Single_Cover).png 

Notice the pink bubblegum aesthetic used in both of the songs' promotional material such as the cover art & music video as well.

So Am I & Lips Are Movin =  Follow-up singles that sound very similar to the previous releases of each. Not as big as their debut tracks and people start calling them one hit wonders due to the inability of trying out new sounds.

Ava_Max_-_So_Am_I.pngMeghan_Trainor_-_Lips_Are_Movin.png

Torn Dear Future Husband = Third singles,  different sounding compared the previous 2 songs but still featuring the same do-woop R&B and dance-pop sound respectively. We have yet to see if Torn will break the Meghan Trainor career trajectory similarity pattern.

Ava_Max_-_Torn.pngMeghan_Trainor_-_Dear_Future_Husband_(Official_Single_Cover).png

What do you think? :ohwell:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no she's the new superman

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

bloody g

Break out artists that fade away are very common. I personally like Ava more, but I don't think she is going to stick for much longer :poot:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

RahrahWitch

Hmmm I can see it. It happens a lot, an Artist breaks trough with a good song and just can't follow it up.

I'm sorry, but I don't think Ava is going the same way as Meghan. She won't be that "successful" as Meghan was 3-4 years ago. I mean, "Title" was something we didn't hear at the time it came out. Ava's songs seem so mainstream now. :oops:

Meghan >>>>>> Ava

Just now, IrishMonster said:

Did someone mention her name?rs_634x1024-190826145538-634-MTV-VMAs-re

tenor.gif

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Tbh... I see Ava being successful a little bit longer and than she will disappear in nothingness

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

FfFfFfFF

Those are pretty vague comparisons :poot: and also don't take into account all the other songs they released as promo singles or released prior to their breakthrough.

Archived