event

VMAs Hit All-Time Ratings Low for 3rd Straight Year

Teal Ambition

Featured Posts

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stephen

To save the VMAs they need to cut down the broadcast to 2 hours MAX if they have A listers. If there’s a year with little to no A listers make that **** 1 Hour. No more hosts, get right to the point. Only a handful of awards and performances. Only the most important/popular artists. Book performers who are interesting. The VMAs should be exciting! Also they need to livestream it for free on YouTube.

MTV hire me 

Galagala

Even Taylor and that Shawn-Camila thing can't save it.

They should bring Gaga+Bradley and the ratings will rise just like Oscars. :staymad:

gypsy101
3 hours ago, alextruper17 said:

But Billie Eilish can’t save a full show... yet

billie literally wasn’t there

i think they meant Taylor

FRANK1991

with so much other things to watch in the era of streaming, they might need a lot more popular artists to perform and less boring sections of presenting awards.

Also they still have commercials like wtf who has time for that

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

ItWasntLaauv

The promo for it was terrible, I literally didn’t know the VMAs were happening until the night before it aired. I never saw a single ad this year and those ads are usually plastered everywhere for at least a week or two beforehand.

nikola

Problem with VMAs these days is that they don't have big names with a big fanbase that will watch the show... GP is not going to watch it... VMAs were and always will be for the fans... and when you have only people with small fanbases or people that rely only on gp.forsuccess than of course, the ratings will be bad... The only one that was there with huge fanbase was Taylor and that's it. Also streaming killed both music and tv and MTV need to change up the way that they present VMAs to people... Maybe stream it or something... Music became like fast food... Artists come and go faster than ever and most of them don't stay for more than 3 years... Only artists that have a legacy behind them are ones that came before the atreaming era...

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

RahrahWitch

I only really found Missy's and Miley's performances entertaining.

They need more showmanship, Missy did this so well and had the whole crowd hyped. They should get more Artists to perform who are going to do stunts or something interesting and take risks.

Mister G

At this rate YouTube may as well just takeover and start their own award show to replace the VMAs. Or for that matter MTV should just give it to YouTube because let’s be honest, MTV doesn’t air music videos on their main channel anymore and started abandoning them for well over a decade.

12 hours ago, Ally Campana said:

The show has become a joke. That’s why. No real pop culture moments anymore or any real stars attending them. Bey and Rihanna attended together in 2016 but the ratings still didn’t stop from dropping. I agree with @ReginaGeorgeto an extent. They try to be ‘woke’ too hard at the expense that it became annoying and less interesting. Also, their list suck ass to Beyoncé (not that I have anything against her) but to list her Lemonade medley as the best performance ever despite it not being that memorable was a tragedy. They don’t give recognition to the real deserving artists. They rather try to appeal to the typical SJW stans. No wonder why they keep falling.

Wait... I'm sorry did you even watch the show? :selena: How were they trying to be woke when the host, that they hired, was making 'safe space' and 'triggered millennials' jokes all over? Literally name one moment that you felt social justice was pushed at the expense of quality. Quickly.

I'd even argue that Lizzo's body positive speech was one of few redeeming moments, and that's probably THE most SJW moment of the whole show. While the host's anti-SJW jokes were... well... :rip:

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

nikola
11 minutes ago, MrG1087 said:

At this rate YouTube may as well just takeover and start their own award show to replace the VMAs. Or for that matter MTV should just give it to YouTube because let’s be honest, MTV doesn’t air music videos on their main channel anymore and started abandoning them for well over a decade.

YouTube had an award show and it kinda floped 

https://youtu.be/vAVgwA9Gx1A

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Archived