Stefani Tee
other

Amazon Rain Forest Burning for Three Weeks now; Gets Little Media Coverage

Featured Posts

Snejana

I honestly lost all hope in Brazil the country is crumbling, every single progress we made in the last 20 years is being destroyed. this fire can only be described as criminal, the sociopathic right wing in power is literally killing the amazon for profit and as a retaliation to the laws that barely protected native land and it's people.  the saddest part about this tragedy is how much Europe and the US will benefit from it, Manaus' free trade zone will officially turn into a playground for multinational companies. like I can't even cry about this bc it feels so surreal and dystopian lmao

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Morphine Prince

And Brazil elected an anti-environmentalism demagogue. God help us all. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night

Snejana
1 hour ago, MrG1087 said:

Isn’t it safe to say he’s their variation of Trump here in the US? I remember reading he’s very conservative and some outlets referred to him as Brazil’s version of Trump. It’s disgusting that these a-holes are getting elected into positions of power and don’t care about doing the right thing.

in my opinion he's far worse than trump lol even far right a holes like marine le pen won't claim bolsonaro due to his statements

ice bear
1 hour ago, MrG1087 said:

Isn’t it safe to say he’s their variation of Trump here in the US? I remember reading he’s very conservative and some outlets referred to him as Brazil’s version of Trump. It’s disgusting that these a-holes are getting elected into positions of power and don’t care about doing the right thing.

Yeah he is

he's a dictatorship idolator man...

ice bear coolest bear // adopt a kitty

Snejana
7 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

And Brazil elected an anti-environmentalism demagogue. God help us all. 

you can also add nazi loving raging racist homophobe to his predicates  

• Like 1

Glamourpuss

They don't report important things like this for a reason. They want us to be focused on drama and stupid things. 

Serial liker
  • Like 2

kyanewest

Sadly, it's only with a catastrophe that the ones with power will 'wake up'. 

The crowds are gone. And it's time to wash out the blonde.

Economy

Ok "we are on the verge of loosing it" is very dramatic

Canada's Boreal Forest gets multiple major fires every year that sometimes last several weeks on the driest summers and doesn't get reported much on either... Why? Cuz it's normal

Forest fires are a very normal thing. Tho yes human activity has increased forest fires to a greater degree than ideal, but it's being blown out of proportion

• Like 1

Economy
10 hours ago, gstring said:

okay so what can we do to help it? 

maybe we can start a fund to rebuild and resurrect the forest once the fire stop??? 

8 hours ago, GagaInTheZone said:

Just heard about it today for the first time too, it's crazy... We have really ****ed up our planet

9 hours ago, Princess Zelda said:

The loss of that glaciar in Iceland, this... There's so much already happening and things will get much worse. I don't think we're aware enough of everything that's coming :( 

Replantation is a good idea... Global warming and other human activity is making these fires larger and more frequent than they should be

But it should be pointed out that forest fires are normal (even for rainforests). It's actually an important part of nature's cycle albeit it should be less frequent than it has been

Despite the dramatic claim that "they are on the verge of loosing it", this fire has burned down a very tiny fraction of the Amazon forest

Here in Canada the Boreal Forest gets many multiple fires a year that often last week's as well and they rarely get coverage because it's just a normal yearly thing

I'm not saying they shouldn't try to control the fire... But these posts shown on OP are a little dramatic tbh

Again, forest fires are happening MORE than they should. But based on those statements ud think a forest fire is so abnormal and ud think the entire forest is about to be gone engulfed in flames, it's not!

If it was, there would be more news coverage. There isn't because this is actually affecting a very small fraction of the forest. The Amazon forest is huge

• Like 1

Economy
8 hours ago, Snejana said:

I honestly lost all hope in Brazil the country is crumbling, every single progress we made in the last 20 years is being destroyed. this fire can only be described as criminal, the sociopathic right wing in power is literally killing the amazon for profit and as a retaliation to the laws that barely protected native land and it's people.  the saddest part about this tragedy is how much Europe and the US will benefit from it, Manaus' free trade zone will officially turn into a playground for multinational companies. like I can't even cry about this bc it feels so surreal and dystopian lmao

Yeah... The cutting of valuable biodiversable land for money is pretty ruthless and people allow it

The Amazon forest is the most bio diverse forest in the world and should be handled responsibly. There's entire species of animals that exist ONLY in that forest

RahrahWitch

The fires a normal occurrence i believe but Human Activity especially under Jair Bolsonaro and his anti-environment ideology have caused  huge amounts of Deforestation. A football Pitch of the Forrest is cleared every single Minute, That's almost 1,500 football pitches a day!

The Amazon is an incredibly precious thing and sadly the people in power are too Money hungry and ignorant to see it.

• Like 1

Andreu

Some GGDsters "HoW wIlL tHe ClImAtE cHaNGe KilL Us alL lmao sis it wont"

soundcloud.com/andreusongs

Princess Zelda
1 hour ago, Economy said:

Replantation is a good idea... Global warming and other human activity is making these fires larger and more frequent than they should be

But it should be pointed out that forest fires are normal (even for rainforests). It's actually an important part of nature's cycle albeit it should be less frequent than it has been

Despite the dramatic claim that "they are on the verge of loosing it", this fire has burned down a very tiny fraction of the Amazon forest

Here in Canada the Boreal Forest gets many multiple fires a year that often last week's as well and they rarely get coverage because it's just a normal yearly thing

I'm not saying they shouldn't try to control the fire... But these posts shown on OP are a little dramatic tbh

Again, forest fires are happening MORE than they should. But based on those statements ud think a forest fire is so abnormal and ud think the entire forest is about to be gone engulfed in flames, it's not!

If it was, there would be more news coverage. There isn't because this is actually affecting a very small fraction of the forest. The Amazon forest is huge

Maybe it's not as dramatic as it sounds, but it's still pretty bad. It's not just this. Things will get pretty bad in a matter of years and there is no media coverage because the ones in power are either in denial or aware and just don't give a **** because they're so rich they won't be affected by all the changes that are coming our way.

It may sound very dramatic to many but with how things are going, we as a civilisation are actually in grave danger.

• Like 1

Economy
19 minutes ago, Princess Zelda said:

Maybe it's not as dramatic as it sounds, but it's still pretty bad. It's not just this. Things will get pretty bad in a matter of years and there is no media coverage because the ones in power are either in denial or aware and just don't give a **** because they're so rich they won't be affected by all the changes that are coming our way.

It may sound very dramatic to many but with how things are going, we as a civilisation are actually in grave danger.

I agree completely. I know about the general dangers of the Amazon forest for example... Given its arguably the most important forest in the world, it's something I've actually kept up with

I'm just saying the posts about this particular fire are being exaggerated and dramatic

Im the kind of person that I like to be as real as possible and balanced. The moment u start to sensationalized things and people pick up on it, it actually pave the way for people to take the problems less seriously

I like serious debates and conversations so politics, economics, science and yes global warming and other ecological threats are things I talk about often...

And I can tell u that perhaps the top 1/3 or roughly 30% of ppl that care about global warming the least or don't seem to think it's a big problem... Exaggerations or fear mongering from extreme environmentalists make them take the issues less seriously

It's better to present information truthfully and present facts are they really are... Earth's problems are severe enough to be convincing without exaggerations :shrug:

All these ppl that think tree huggers are delusional and dramatic doesn't help things :emma: