Sony Stock Drops After News Break About Leaving MCU

RAMROD

Featured Posts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JohnWayne92
1 hour ago, lovedillon said:

I hope Sony doesn’t give in... Disney is asking for 50% of profits which is ridiculous...

It's not ridiculous, at all. Disney is who made this iteration of Spider-Man successful. 

Illuminati Freak

Spiderman was highly successful before Disney. The original films are the best ones. I seriously hope Sony doesn't give in. The MCU are overrated cookie cutter mediocre films at best. Disney shouldn't have a monopoly over anything and everything. 

To me, his over reliance on the MCU and Iron Man have only made him weaker. This way he can handle things on his own and explore him better as a character. Disney/Marvel basically made him into Iron boy and that was terrible. I'm glad this is happening.

Sony has Lord and Miller in charge of Spider-Man tv and other products, they just bought Insomniac games who did Spider-Man PS4, they have Morbius, Venom 2, Spider-Verse 2, and a Spider-Verse spin-off waiting in the wings. They made serious power moves in the past 8 months. Makes sense they want full control of the Spider-man movies.

Some film insiders said Disney discouraged Sony not to make Venom R rated or it would affect future crossovers. Like WTF??!! I think that’s a good reason for Sony to keep Spider-Man and f*ck Disney trying to dictate bullsh*t.  Bring on an R-rated Spider-man Vs. Venom movie please & thank you.

RAMROD
13 minutes ago, River said:

c67841472ad383d87c406d66cfc8ae7d.jpg

Right?!!

tumblr_pwkhzoAFHQ1vz3i63o1_400.jpg

@ Sony Pictures so much rn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

River
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

Right?!!

tumblr_pwkhzoAFHQ1vz3i63o1_400.jpg

@ Sony Pictures so much rn

like really F-CK them!!!! burning the PS4 that I didn't buy!!

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

2 hours ago, lovedillon said:

I hope Sony doesn’t give in... Disney is asking for 50% of profits which is ridiculous...

Disney is also offering to finance 50% of future films. So 50% profit is pretty fair. Especially considering the fact that Sony used Marvel Studios' team to make the previous films. Disney did all the work to make the film, casting, writing, finding a director, producing, etc, while Sony just paid for it and got all the profit. Not to mention the massive opportunity cost that Marvel faces by making Spider-Man movies for no profit, when they could devote those teams to other MCU projects.

beaublue
57 minutes ago, JohnWayne92 said:

It's not ridiculous, at all. Disney is who made this iteration of Spider-Man successful. 

Disney didn’t make it a success, they don’t even own the character to be able to make it a success. Sony owns the character, they have made Spider-Man movies without Disney’s help 3 times before & accomplished massive success. Get a grip.

beaublue
9 minutes ago, Deku said:

Disney is also offering to finance 50% of future films. So 50% profit is pretty fair. Especially considering the fact that Sony used Marvel Studios' team to make the previous films. Disney did all the work to make the film, casting, writing, finding a director, producing, etc, while Sony just paid for it and got all the profit. Not to mention the massive opportunity cost that Marvel faces by making Spider-Man movies for no profit, when they could devote those teams to other MCU projects.

No lmao it doesn’t matter if they’re offering to pay for half of the movies finances or not, Sony doesn’t need them to. It’s their character, period. That’s it. End of conversation. Sony has made Spider-Man movies without any involvement from Disney & have accomplished massive success. They don’t need anything from Disney nor do they need to give up half of their profits for a character they own. Disney can’t just keep buying up whatever they like, that’s not how the world works & I'm glad someone’s standing up to them finally. Disney already makes money off the Spider-Man character & owns the rights to merchandise. Not to mention they’ve already started building an entire main attraction in their park built around Spider-Man so either way they won’t win. They need the character & Sony has the upper hand in the situation. Disney needs them, they don’t need Disney & that’s just facts.

Nightwing

I'm sure this will all be settled by next year. Sony, nor Disney are that blind and foolish.

This portrayal of Spider-Man is the most popular.

JohnWayne92
40 minutes ago, Illuminati Freak said:

Spiderman was highly successful before Disney. The original films are the best ones. I seriously hope Sony doesn't give in. The MCU are overrated cookie cutter mediocre films at best. Disney shouldn't have a monopoly over anything and everything. 

To me, his over reliance on the MCU and Iron Man have only made him weaker. This way he can handle things on his own and explore him better as a character. Disney/Marvel basically made him into Iron boy and that was terrible. I'm glad this is happening.

Sony has Lord and Miller in charge of Spider-Man tv and other products, they just bought Insomniac games who did Spider-Man PS4, they have Morbius, Venom 2, Spider-Verse 2, and a Spider-Verse spin-off waiting in the wings. They made serious power moves in the past 8 months. Makes sense they want full control of the Spider-man movies.

Some film insiders said Disney discouraged Sony not to make Venom R rated or it would affect future crossovers. Like WTF??!! I think that’s a good reason for Sony to keep Spider-Man and f*ck Disney trying to dictate bullsh*t.  Bring on an R-rated Spider-man Vs. Venom movie please & thank you.

As for Spider-Man being successful , the first trilogy was, until Sony kept stepping in on the 3rd installment, and basically forced Sam Rami into not making a part 4. The first reboot was terrible with Amazing Spider-Man 2 being one of the worst things I've seen. 

The way the MCU handled Spider-Man this time around made sense. It fit in with the MCU and gave him new events that turn him into a hero. No one needed another, Uncle Ben origin story. The tech that Spider-Man has had in the comics and other iterations is a perfect reason to have him be so close to Tony Stark. It's a way to keep the look and abilities fresh in a way that we havent seen Spider-Man before. It's also been nice to see him be a teenager, and deal with teenage problems. Marvel, reportedly, had 9 films planned for him, expanding into College and Adult Life. I dont agree with your cookie cutter statement, but we dont have to touch on that much. Sony has only had 3 REALLY good Spider-Man movies on their own, Sam Rami 1 & 2 and Spider-Verse. Power moves or not, Tom Hollands Spider-Man has been built in the MCU, it wont make sense for him to all of a sudden not be there. Plus, with Sonys track record, they don't have guaranteed hits on their hands. 

As upset as I was with Venom not being R rated, it wouldn't have helped it. It was an alright movie, but you can't tell me it wasnt cookie cutter. Plus, the possibility of having an R rated Venom vs Spider-Man movie once he is an adult would still be there. In the same way they are trying to handle Deapool. When he is in an MCU film that isnt solo, he would be PG-13. When he's solo, he can be Rated R. 

Despite your views on Sony and Disney, monopolies and not, Tom Hollands Spider-Man has been made to be in the MCU and it's a dumb decision to rip him out of it, especially when it helped make him your #1 film, and over $1bil 🤷‍♂️

JohnWayne92
10 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

Disney didn’t make it a success, they don’t even own the character to be able to make it a success. Sony owns the character, they have made Spider-Man movies without Disney’s help 3 times before & accomplished massive success. Get a grip.

They had the creative lead with it. So, they did. 

Also, like I stated above, Sony only got it right once, and they messed that up, so they had to reboot it, which got lukewarm results at best.:huntyga:

beaublue
3 minutes ago, JohnWayne92 said:

They had the creative lead with it. So, they did. 

Also, like I stated above, Sony only got it right once, and they messed that up, so they had to reboot it, which got lukewarm results at best.:huntyga:

Creative lead? Lmfao if they had creative lead then Tom Holland wouldn’t be Spider-Man, Disney wanted some other guy to play Spider-Man & Sony put their foot down & hired Tom. Where exactly do you get your info from cause it’s clearly not from a fact based source 🤦🏻‍♀️ it’s also funny that you’re going off your personal opinion on whether Spider-Man was successful in the past vs going off the facts. I think this little debate is over since it ended when you started using your opinion over facts 👍🏻 Good luck though

JohnWayne92
4 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

Creative lead? Lmfao if they had creative lead then Tom Holland wouldn’t be Spider-Man, Disney wanted some other guy to play Spider-Man & Sony put their foot down & hired Tom. Where exactly do you get your info from cause it’s clearly not from a fact based source 🤦🏻‍♀️ it’s also funny that you’re going off your personal opinion on whether Spider-Man was successful in the past vs going off the facts. I think this little debate is over since it ended when you started using your opinion over facts 👍🏻 Good luck though

Yes, creative lead. Dig a little deeper into the development before trying to knock someone on opinions. He was built around what the MCU needed and wanted, story and character wise. 

Facts - Amazing Spider-Man had a $230mil budget, made $758mil 72% Critic Approval Rating.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 had a budget of around $290mil, made $708mil  52% Critic Approval Rating.

These 2 films were the lowest boxoffice numbers, especially in the US where the Sam Raimi versions were MASSIVE. They are also some of the worst rated critically, with AS1 beating out Spider-Man 3.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 was far too convoluted, and tried way too hard to set a million things up instead of focusing on a core storyline. There is a reason these films were rebooted when they were for the 2nd time. The appeal was dropping by AS2. They got it right once, with Raimi, like I said, and they messed that up. Spider-Verse was amazing, but it was a totally different take on the universe. 

Archived