Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Billboard: Gaga made it easier for Beyonce/Rihanna

Runway

Featured Posts

Runway

Mega-popular artists like Beyoncé and Rihanna had long been making moves toward changing the monotonous landscape of mid-2000’s pop music, but Lady Gaga's shattering the barriers of the “acceptable” made it easier for both of these to start pushing down their own surrounding walls.

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/pop/8470910/lady-gaga-the-fame-pop-stardom?__twitter_impression=true

Only the revolutionary kween Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta :firega:

Mana Mahad
2 minutes ago, LIMECHAKRA said:

This article is old.

:rip: this is giving me Joanne brings back country teas :rip: 

MelbHawker

:classy:

I detect only truths. The industry is still sleeping on the impact she's had since ha reign began.

Ghost Face

''though may never be the trailblazing star she was on her first album again.''

sure jan GIF

It's an honor.

LilyLark

It mentions a bunch of artists like Sia, not just Rihanna and Beyonce. You might want to adjust that headline a bit. And the Beyonce thing is...delusional. There's some truth, like Gaga doesn't get nearly enough credit for her impact, but some of it is a reach and I wonder if the writer is on GGD lol.

But seriously, I hope little monsters on twitter don't bring attention to this one unfortunately worded sentence because it will get Gaga dragged, by no fault of her own, by  Black twitter or the Beyhive at worst and at best be used as an example of how white writers give white artists credit over Black artists. Well, at best twitter won't care. But....lbr some of the big twitter fan accounts don't have enough common sense to see this sentence and realize it's asking for trouble on twitter so I'm sure they'll post it because they a) love stan wars and b) some of them are racist and love to pit Gaga exclusively against Black artists.

Katharine Hepburn

The Fame truly was that album, hopefully in 10 years ASIB may have paved the way for more pop girlies to transition into film

xoxo Joanne

2 hours ago, Runway said:

Mega-popular artists like Beyoncé and Rihanna had long been making moves toward changing the monotonous landscape of mid-2000’s pop music, but Lady Gaga's shattering the barriers of the “acceptable” made it easier for both of these to start pushing down their own surrounding walls.

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/pop/8470910/lady-gaga-the-fame-pop-stardom?__twitter_impression=true

Always been preaching this. Rihanna and Bey were still wearing flowery dresses and t shirts and jeans before Gaga came along, in music videos. Gaga opened a door for a lot of artists in this way, to be more daring, more provocative. This article has been a long time coming

edit: old article, why people posting old articles :selena:

Ziggy
1 hour ago, LilyLark said:

It mentions a bunch of artists like Sia, not just Rihanna and Beyonce. You might want to adjust that headline a bit. And the Beyonce thing is...delusional. There's some truth, like Gaga doesn't get nearly enough credit for her impact, but some of it is a reach and I wonder if the writer is on GGD lol.

But seriously, I hope little monsters on twitter don't bring attention to this one unfortunately worded sentence because it will get Gaga dragged, by no fault of her own, by  Black twitter or the Beyhive at worst and at best be used as an example of how white writers give white artists credit over Black artists. Well, at best twitter won't care. But....lbr some of the big twitter fan accounts don't have enough common sense to see this sentence and realize it's asking for trouble on twitter so I'm sure they'll post it because they a) love stan wars and b) some of them are racist and love to pit Gaga exclusively against Black artists.

Mmm idk I think Beyoncé had a very firm lane she was in following in the steps of Tina Turner and other successful black artists, but she hadn’t really had the freedom to make her own, unique stamp on the music landscape. She made waves as an out an out and proud feminist pop star and for black women, but aesthetically she was “pretty” and had to serve the bombshell spot. Gaga did break down the barn doors for others to follow. Not saying Beyoncé is anything like Gaga, they aren’t, but by Gaga as a white lady being the first of her generation to be allowed to be as “high auteur” as she was, she opened that door enough to let Beyoncé storm through as well with her own unique meditations and reflections. It’s the same, sad narrative that it took a white person doing it for capital swine to let WOC do it.

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived