question

Is Joanne GaGa's worst album?

Mana Mahad

???  

410 members have voted

1. 1. ???

Featured Posts

Katharine Hepburn

I think she took a risk with Joanne and it laid the groundwork for the work on the ASIB OST. Not all the risks paid off (eg perfect illusion bombing) but I think it meant a lot to Gaga and it certainly has its fans.

I probably listen to Joanne the least but personally ARTPOP is just a little half baked and doesn't feel as complete (not surprising looking at where she was mentally at the time and I don't blame her at all) but I love all the albums

xoxo Joanne

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inferno
16 hours ago, Mitchey said:

Joanne is easily my favorite album overall. It’s extremely cohesive and has some of her best lyrics and melodies to date. Aesthetically, the era wasn’t my favorite, but sonically it is absolutely amazing. 

Unpopular opinion on this cult site: ARTPOP is her least cohesive / worst album. I STILL ENJOYED IT, but for me there are a lot of cringey moments throughout. VENUS remains one of my favorite Gaga songs, though, so don’t come for me btches.

ARTPOP is by far not my favorite Gaga album however sonically and in sequencing+theming it's more cohesive than Joanne, which hops around from a cigarette referencing kiss off, to balladry about her aunt passing straight to riding bad boy d*ck and then masturbating. Joanne has no thematic or even sonic cohesion. It's just a general mish-mash of vaguely Americana aesthetics mixed with a fusion of Mark ronsons retro modern 60s/70s flair and two entirely separate and random forays into latin vibed pop and the other, some weird disco glam rock hybrid thing. whats even remotely cohesive about it? lol i feel like people just think "oh its all like country vibes".

ARTPOP was conceptually porous but the actual album does take a journey through sex, freedom, fashion, and drugs all broken up into sections leading to the finisher Applause. As the show must go on. Say what you want about the content itself but it had a unifying thread throughout thematically and sonically :p

Suspiria
14 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

None of her albums have aged well. Electronic music by its very nature doesn’t age well due to the progression in technology.

This is definitely true but I don't think ARTPOP sounds dated yet... the production and mixing was super crisp and sparkly (apart from maybe MJH, Gypsy and Venus). Maybe in a couple of years the sound quality will seem outdated, but today it still sounds fresh and high quality.

Inferno
14 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

None of her albums have aged well. Electronic music by its very nature doesn’t age well due to the progression in technology.

So wildly inaccurate.

48 minutes ago, Britney Jean1 said:

Really!! you must be boring in bed 

question mark wtf GIF

Imagine a Britney Spears fan saying this to you :awkney:

Enigma

“GaGa”

JoAnne while we’re at it :triggered:

Britney Jean1
10 minutes ago, Mitchey said:

question mark wtf GIF

Imagine a Britney Spears fan saying this to you :awkney:

Imagine you say anything with that music taste :neyde:

Slim

1 minute ago, Britney Jean1 said:

Imagine you say anything with that music taste :neyde:

Imagine thinking you know my musical taste period

J Alexander Wtf GIF by swerk

Britney Jean1
4 minutes ago, Mitchey said:

Imagine thinking you know my musical taste period

J Alexander Wtf GIF by swerk

u can't have an erection if deadanne is your fav album from Gaga.  and i imagine that Perfect Delusion was your fav track from that garbage , im sure too that you stoned the fans who hate that song to death when that song came out. In conclusion you cant produce cum.

Slim

PerfectCure

It’s cute and has some tracks I still listen to but her worst by far. It’s okay though, we can’t all win taste-wise. :vegas:

49 minutes ago, Inferno said:

ARTPOP is by far not my favorite Gaga album however sonically and in sequencing+theming it's more cohesive than Joanne, which hops around from a cigarette referencing kiss off, to balladry about her aunt passing straight to riding bad boy d*ck and then masturbating. Joanne has no thematic or even sonic cohesion. It's just a general mish-mash of vaguely Americana aesthetics mixed with a fusion of Mark ronsons retro modern 60s/70s flair and two entirely separate and random forays into latin vibed pop and the other, some weird disco glam rock hybrid thing. whats even remotely cohesive about it? lol i feel like people just think "oh its all like country vibes".

ARTPOP was conceptually porous but the actual album does take a journey through sex, freedom, fashion, and drugs all broken up into sections leading to the finisher Applause. As the show must go on. Say what you want about the content itself but it had a unifying thread throughout thematically and sonically :p

I’ll give it to you that ARTPOP May be more sonically cohesive... but thematically? You yourself named 5 different themes, not mentioning the title tracks theme or Donatella’s. In what world is that cohesive? Minus a handful of songs, Joanne is about LOSS and ACCEPTANCE. There are also sexual themes (as there are in every Gaga album) with John Wayne, A-yo, Dancing in Circles. 

6 minutes ago, Britney Jean1 said:

u can't have an erection if deadanne is your fav album from Gaga.  and i imagine that Perfect Delusion was your fav track from that garbage , im sure too that you stoned the fans who hate that song to death when that song came out. In conclusion you cant produce cum.

Lol you couldn’t be more incorrect. But go off comedy central community GIF

RochestrMonstr

I’m not necessarily “Team Joanne” since I wouldn’t call it my absolute favorite above the others. I’d say most of her albums are actually tied for me. 

The Fame is the only one that sticks out to me as less good. It has many similar sounding songs and not enough power vocals from Gaga in my opinion. 

manuanota

To me, personally, ARTPOP was more of a disappointment at the moment of the release (with all the management issues and empty promises). But with Joanne I didn’t really have huge expectations for some reason, and I enjoyed it a lot more when it just came out. It has a very clear aesthetic that made the album fine as a whole. But here in 2019 (even though sometimes I still enjoy Joanne) I think it aged like milk and her other albums aged like good wine. 

Archived