💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I Listened to Joanne for the 1st Time

HeavyyMetalVenuss

Featured Posts

HeavyyMetalVenuss

hi everyone! yesterday on the “last time you listened to joanne?” thread, i brought up how i hadn’t listened to the whole album in full yet and everyone was shook.

so i cried for my crime against my religion, and put my pink cowboy hat on, because it’s yeehaw time motherf*ckers. i’ll be listening to joanne today, and leaving my thoughts on the songs as i listen to them.

god-ga will forgive my sin for this, after listening to the album and sacrificing my first born child to the fame monster. let’s get started, y’all. giddy up b*tches.

————————————————————

Diamond Heart: perfect album opener, i’m assuming this is either about gaga herself or her aunt joanne without any prior knowledge. saying you have a diamond heart could go two ways, it’s as strong as a diamond or as pure as a diamond. or, both, even. perfect energy for an album AND A SINGLE. i feel cheated that i never heard this on the radio. 10/10, perfectly placed on the album and i loved it

A-YO: MANiCURE’s cousin from South Carolina with extensive knowledge on the 2nd amendment and a chicken:stalkga:coop in the backyard. i love the high energy to open the album following DH, i could see myself blasting this with the windows down on a hot day while i sit in the chick fil a drive thru waiting for a lemonade and deep fried will to live! 9/10, the missing 1 point was because i wanted more growling. growl at me, stefani. MORE

Joanne: perfect title track for this entire era. i obviously never knew joanne myself, but hearing this song and the rawer vocals makes this feel like an open wound i didn’t know i had. EVERYONE CAN RELATE TO THIS SONG! a death of a family member sucks, but a family member passing away that you never got to meet can hurt just as bad, as you only have the stories to think of them with. “and i still love you even if i can’t see you anymore.” brb crying. 10/10, i love this. joanne’s f*cking me up so far in the best way

John Wayne: i want a glass beer bottle thrown at my head, cigarettes put out on my forehead and to be speeding down a long road in the middle of the night with a cigarette while my uber driver and i are stoned out of our minds. that’s the vibe. JOHN WAAAAAAYNE. 10/10, great “gaga” single on a stripped back album, i wish i could’ve heard this on the radio to scream to while i was alone in the car

Dancin’ in Circles: saying “let’s funk downtown” and saying how you “touch yourself to pass the time” on an album dedicated to your late aunt? a total power move, iconic. DIC (:ohwell:) is Sexxx Dreams’ hot aunt that went on a trip to spain and can’t stop speaking in a latin accent while she pronounces tres leches wrong as a joke that only she laughs at. 10/10, funk me downtown is my life motto now. i wasn’t prepared for that. funk, this should’ve been a summer single

Perfect Illusion: perfect single to launch the era, i’m going to play this in the shower while i have to wake up and get ready for school next month. ma ma pa pa pa perfect illusion found scalped at britney’s barber shop. 10/10, this album’s amazing so far

Million Reasons: the “we’ve only had bangers so far so i need a song that you hold up your phone flashlight to at my concerts while i play this to a piano backing” song of the album, but it doesn’t seem forced. beautiful song that was perfect to show people, “hey, soccer moms. i can sing. cry to this while your kids are at soccer practice, in the parking lot with a traveler cup of wine in your car completely alone.” this song feels like a hug that everything’s going to be ok. 10/10, i bow down to pray to this album so far

Sinner’s Prayer: i feel like this would play in the background of a texas roadhouse and i would be wondering what the song is for once. “i can carry you, but not your ghosts” YEEESSS. YOU DON’T NEED BAGGAGE. YES. 8/10. great song, it just needs to grow on me a bit, i’m not a huge country fan but ms. east coast italian american can convert me

Come To Mama: #bekind, you little dumpsters :neyde: gaga’s such a mom and i love it, i can imagine her preaching to her future children like this and it makes me happy imagining that. 10/10, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy. the message will always be relevant that we all need to realize WE’RE ALL HUMAN!

Hey Girl: FLORENCE WTF ARE YOU DOING HERE??? 80’s feminist power ballad, florence and gaga’s voices are amazing together. i love their chemistry in the song, florga ftw. 9/10, missing point is because i felt it was just a bit too repetitive but that’s just me being nitpicky. i love this song

Angel Down: i have no words. prettiest song on this album and definitely in my top 10 gaga songs. i’m amazed, i’m speechless. 20/10, this is the prettiest thing i’ve ever heard in my entire life

Grigio Girls: listening to this was like one big personal drunk girls’ night conversation, with inside jokes and talking through pain, and i love it. knowing about how gaga’s friend sonja passed away makes this song even more heart wrenching, this is such a kind gesture to write for her on gaga’s part. 10/10, i love it!

Just Another Day: the most “back to your roots” sounding song on a “back to your roots” album, it’s chill. it’s almost like a more stripped back Yoü and I for me? 9/10, it’s a cute way to have the album closing. i could have this on while i clean, but that isn’t a diss :laughga:

Angel Down (Worktape): 10/10. pretty. i love it. yes

overall, joanne is

tenor.gif?itemid=9339747

maybe my new favorite gaga album? it’s so cohesive, so stripped back compared to her pop, and a nice breather for when you need a break from the pop music. it’s perfect for this time of year with the fall coming up, and i’ll be having this album on repeat. love you, gaga, this is my new favorite as of now. 100/10

Cake like Malibu Gaga

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, HeavyyMetalVenuss said:

Come To Mama: #bekind, you little dumpsters :neyde: gaga’s such a mom and i love it, i can imagine her preaching to her future children like this and it makes me happy imagining that. 10/10, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy. the message will always be relevant that we all need to realize WE’RE ALL HUMAN!

all I needed to see

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

HeavyyMetalVenuss
2 minutes ago, Twitter said:

That title is offensive. :triggered:

i’m sorry :bradley: i flopped but i finally listened to it, and i regret not hearing it sooner

Cake like Malibu Gaga

HeavyyMetalVenuss
1 minute ago, Borisapillar said:

You’re a generous human being.

i’m trying out #bekind21 :laughga: but seriously, i don’t get the distaste for the album

Cake like Malibu Gaga

HeavyyMetalVenuss
Just now, Mana Mahad said:

It's her worst album go listening to BTW and helping her tragic recurrent streams.

how about streaming BTW with joanne? :trollga: they’re both cohesive albums with their own perks, it’s all relative about which album is better than the other!

Cake like Malibu Gaga

Lit rally madness that you just  listened for the first time, but thank goodness you've seen the light

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611302ff64c29c58649ac

alextruper17

Inb4 You’ll come Again with I listened to the fame monster for the first time

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

HeavyyMetalVenuss
Just now, alextruper17 said:

Inb4 You’ll come Again with I listened to the fame monster for the first time

i’m a newer fan i don’t need to be read like this :messga: i feel like such a ratc8cae50354298ee815c0c9a4ec58a255.jpg

Cake like Malibu Gaga

Mana Mahad
3 minutes ago, HeavyyMetalVenuss said:

i’m a newer fan i don’t need to be read like this :messga: i feel like such a ratc8cae50354298ee815c0c9a4ec58a255.jpg

Have you listened to red and blue ?

Archived