Stefani Tee
society

Australia Lowers Immigration Rate By 15%

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.sbs.com.au/language/english/australian-visas-what-s-changed-from-1st-july-2019

Australia is lowering it's immigration cap from 190,000 annually to 160,000 annually a drop of just over 15%.

The cap was announced to be remain at this number for at least 4 years

Australia has one of the fastest population growth rates in the developed world growing at 1.6% last year. However nearly half the growth is due to births not immigration which is uncommon in developed world where natural growth excluding immigration is either negative or near 0%

Economy

Meanwhile here in Canada immigration was just raised to 330,000 and Trudeau wants to raise it to 400,000 soon... I guess to make our housing crisis worse :emma:

• Like 2
  • Shook 2

ChrisC

Canada should follow! Our population is still naturally increasing anyways and Toronto is nowhere near ready to deal with the population boom. But knowing Canada they’ll just accept all the extra people Australia turns away. RIP my chances of buying a house

• Like 1

RAMROD

You see, no countries like immigration that much :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Your ♥ Reverence ♥ Shamelessly ♥ Tempting ♥ Me ♥

Oshawott

Not sure why anyone would want to move to Australia given that every animal there wants to kill people, but :applause: regardless.

• Thanks 1

Economy
11 minutes ago, Oshawott said:

Not sure why anyone would want to move to Australia given that every animal there wants to kill people, but :applause: regardless.

I mean... In the cities there's less animals

Also of the major Nations in the world (excluding tiny countries like Norway and Switzerland), Australia is the wealthiest Nation

Economically speaking it's a very prosperous nation not to mention super beautiful

If I had to leave Canada and I could pick any country to move to Australia is actually #1 on my list!

• Like 1

Economy
16 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

Canada should follow! Our population is still naturally increasing anyways and Toronto is nowhere near ready to deal with the population boom. But knowing Canada they’ll just accept all the extra people Australia turns away. RIP my chances of buying a house

Let's be honest were gonna keep increasing immigration and make the housing crisis worse and worse

The fact that Toronto grew 125,000 people last year and Canada as a whole 518,000 people :air:

That being said if we were to cut immigration we'd definitely need retirement age reform as the pension and old age security system is already under pressure from ageing population EVEN with high immigration tbh

Diamonster
50 minutes ago, Economy said:

Meanwhile here in Canada immigration was just raised to 330,000 and Trudeau wants to raise it to 400,000 soon... I guess to make our housing crisis worse :emma:

Hush I wanna move there :messga:

Lilmonzter

None of these statistics accounts for xenomania  and some people looking for a better life outside there own!

Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi
  • Like 1

adterp

Y’all sound mad xenophobic in this thread. Another bunch of privileged egoists.   

Edited by adterp
  • Like 9
  • LMAO 1

Hurem
1 hour ago, adterp said:

Y’all sound mad xenophobic in this thread. Another bunch of privileged egoists.   

Hey snowflake!

I just saw snowflake, gurl.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Alex Spade

It's not xenophobic for a nation to lower it's immigration intake. 

There are many reasons in Australia for this. Our capital cities are now lacking key infrastructure and transport and we have seen a huge number of people migrating here over previous years. This can impact productivity as cities slow down with transport from congestion as they become crowded and expensive. We haven't kept up with infrastructure projects to support our population growth in the cities. 

We are starting rural immigration programs to boost the economies of many struggling and failing smaller local rural and remote towns. 

That's smart policy for Australia, based on our current position. 

Hurem
Just now, Alex Spade said:

There are many reasons in Australia for this. Our capital cities are now lacking key infrastructure and transport and we have seen a huge number of people migrating here over previous years. This can impact productivity as cities slow down with transport from congestion as they become crowded and expensive. We haven't kept up with infrastructure projects to support our population growth in the cities. 

We are starting rural immigration programs to boost the economies of many struggling and failing smaller local rural and remote towns. 

XENOPHOBIA!!!!!!!!!!!

GaGaAst

I wanted to know if you posted this economy news just because your name is economy 

adterp
1 hour ago, Hurem said:

XENOPHOBIA!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Alex Spade said:

You are lucky to live in uber wealthy territories and be able to comfortably discuss the fate of thousands of people trying to have a less miserable life just because you were well born.

Please check this out and turn off the TV 
https://www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/publications/migration-and-the-economy-economic-realities-social-impacts-and-political-choices/

Edited by adterp
  • Like 1