Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

Quebec To Revoke Immigrants Who Don't Speak French

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

Wtf are French values?

These snobs need to get over themselves. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 1

RAMROD

I don't understand how people wishes to move to another country but doesn't want to learn he native language(s) of said country. Like, it is just common sense. How else can they assimilate with the locals, and do ordinary stuffs such as wish to get hired, or do groceries, or talk with their landlords shall issues happened, when they can/t or refuse to speak the language?

LIke, if you move to Japan, or Thailand, they won't speak in your language, or even English daily to you. You gotta know how to converse in Japanese or Thais to make your life easier. The same with countries expecting them to speak English or French or whatever before they can immigrate. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Don't ♥ Let ♥ Me ♥ Get ♥ Me♥
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

neptugne
15 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Wtf are French values?

These snobs need to get over themselves. 

you must smoke a cigarette after sex, and eat cheese with your wine.

• LMAO 6

Economy
1 hour ago, Edonis said:

Yikes, I wasn't aware of the persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses back then. What I meant to say was that the demographics of Quebec (at least in major cities) has usually been quite diverse compared to rural areas. And one can't deny the recent efforts in the province that bear striking similarities to a lot of right-wing propaganda spread in parts of Europe. I certainly seems like it's gotten worse over time, especially with what you shared.

My boyfriend has always been fairly hesitant about Quebec being a Canadian as well. I've always wanted to see the nature in Quebec and visit some landmarks and stuff. And Montreal too as I think parts of the city are stunning but he keeps telling me about all of the awful experiences he's had there :messga:

These recent political and social issues aren't helping matters tbh. 

Are you from Canada as well or only your boyfriend

Edonis
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

Are you from Canada as well or only your boyfriend

Just my boyfriend. He's from Ontario (Brampton to be exact) but lives in Toronto now. He and I both travel a lot for work and he's gone to Quebec before but he always says how much he dislikes his experience there. Idk, I feel like there are a lot of things gong on in that province that likely contributes to those experiences. 

Economy
22 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Just my boyfriend. He's from Ontario (Brampton to be exact) but lives in Toronto now. He and I both travel a lot for work and he's gone to Quebec before but he always says how much he dislikes his experience there. Idk, I feel like there are a lot of things gong on in that province that likely contributes to those experiences. 

Mother Forker I'm from Brampton :excited2:

Where in Brampton was he from????

I'm the opposite. I lived in Toronto before and now I'm in Brampton :ladyhaha:

Edited by Economy

Edonis
7 minutes ago, Economy said:

Mother Forker I'm from Brampton :excited2:

Where in Brampton was he from????

I'm the opposite. I lived in Toronto before and now I'm in Brampton :ladyhaha:

That's so cool! I'm not entirely sure since I've only been to Brampton like twice :sweat: But his childhood home was minutes form the downtown area and this one park that I can't remember the name of lol! 

Now he lives in a condo very close to the University of Toronto/Ryerson area

Melech

I mean language is always the key to integration. Immigrants don’t need to give up their language, but just need to show that they can speak language. Most countries immigration policy works like that and it should be that way. I don’t know what they mean with French values though. 

• Like 2

Economy
12 minutes ago, Edonis said:

That's so cool! I'm not entirely sure since I've only been to Brampton like twice :sweat: But his childhood home was minutes form the downtown area and this one park that I can't remember the name of lol! 

Now he lives in a condo very close to the University of Toronto/Ryerson area

Gage park? By city hall? 

Jesus I lived like 3min from there when I was still at my parents

Ur bf and I were practically neighbors :duck:

• Shook 1

StarstruckIllusion

Damn and I planned to move to Montreal one day...

**** that and **** them. 

C*nservatives: Stan Freedom of Speech 🤪
Also C*nservatives: You must speak this way bc reasons

EDIT: Anna ou- well I’m already Canadian so apparently this doesn’t affect me... but still yikes 

Edited by StarstruckIllusion

Florian

Maybe I'm biased from my own experience with Catalan culture but I don't see the problem in wanting the immigrants to learn the language of the locals. That's like the most basic stuff ever.

And I also understand why Québec would do that. Their culture is disappearing. They're a minority in North America and people come without trying to assimilate. I mean just look at the situation in Montréal... Half the people can't speak French fluently, that's just sad. It reminds me of my hometown area where only old people speaks Catalan now. People from all around France comes here because of the wonderful weather and don't make effort to assimilate Catalan culture. And slowly it's just simply disappearing. It's sad to know and experience that. I don't want my kids to experience their grandparents' culture in a museum... I want them to experience it everyday.

However wtf are "French values" ? :laughga: That sounds like bullshit

• Like 2

Edonis
13 minutes ago, Economy said:

Gage park? By city hall? 

Jesus I lived like 3min from there when I was still at my parents

Ur bf and I were practically neighbors :duck:

OMG yes! Gage Park! Nnnnnnn and isn't your family Portuguese or something? Watch y'all be cousins or something :bradley:

Alii

Lol at people bashing "French values" when they are the reason they are able to live in the West as minority groups.

These "values" are also the reason immigrants are able to move there and have equal rights. These values should be preserved.