Stefani Tee
question

If both Beyonce and Rihanna wanted your song

Featured Posts

GrigioGirl1

You are a songwriter and you just wrote and produced in incredible trendy edgy urban cool song that you know has potential to be huge. You submit it into a writing camp. Both Rihanna and Beyonce's team express interest. What do you do?

Beyonce is Beyonce. She is a legend and everything she touches gets media attention and acclaim. It will be performed in a huge stadium tour and will have an incredible artistic video. She likely wins you a Grammy too. But she will add a line and receive writing credits. You lose a cut. Will she release it as a single? If she does, will she promote it? Will she sabotage it? Will she sell it for free? Who knows.

Rihanna is will not take a cut of the writing credits. It will likely be a huge hit that will be serviced and promoted to radio. It's near guaranteed #1. It won't have Beyonce's killer vocals, won't get a video on the level of Bey's, and won't get the acclaim/Grammy that Bey would have got. But it would be a huge hit. And while Rih is no Bey, she is still a huge name and is more successful in some metrics.

Who would you give the song to?

Edited by GrigioGirl1
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2

Talenti

Beyonce because even though sis doesn’t believe in promotion her vocals are too heavenly to miss out on :bradley:

STREAM THE GIFT AND MOTIVATION FATTIES
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 1

Florian

Diamond was a massive hit and Pretty Hurts bombed harder than G.U.Y.

I'd learn from Sia's experience :poot:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 7
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

kyanewest
8 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Both Rihanna and Beyonce's team express interest. What do you do?

Easy. You pick Rihanna. She got style, and u got more chances of the song being a number 1 hit. Sure Bey is appreciated worldwide but u have 50% chance of the song being a huge hit. Rihanna has the cool girl factor, hard to explain 

It's like asking whether u'd pick Drake or Jay Z. Pick Drake, he'll make it a number 1 hit, Jay Z is appreciated and will always being in the top 100 best rappers list, but he's not the trend anymore 

Edited by kyanewest
The crowds are gone. And it's time to wash out the blonde.
  • Like 2

RenegAde2888

Beyonce she's more artistic 

On a second thought rihanna has less copyright issues and with her i know people will actaully buy it :ohwell: so rihrih

• LMAO 1

the Devil of Pop

I'd give it to Bey because I would want to hear her unique ability to add great harmonies, runs, and ad-libs. I think she would improve my song and make it better than I could have imagined it!

Great thread tho! You made it a tough choice :giveup:

Edited by Pops Wife
How can I protect something so perfect without evil?
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, Florian said:

Diamond was a massive hit and Pretty Hurts bombed harder than G.U.Y.

I'd learn from Sia's experience :poot:

This :huntyga:

IrishMonster
9 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

You are a songwriter and you just wrote and produced in incredible trendy edgy urban cool song that you know has potential to be huge. You submit it into a writing camp. Both Rihanna and Beyonce's team express interest. What do you do?

Beyonce is Beyonce. She is a legend and everything she touches gets media attention and acclaim. It will be performed in a huge stadium tour and will have an incredible artistic video. But she will add a line and receive writing credits. You lose a cut. Will she release it as a single? If she does, will she promote it? Will she sabotage it? Will she sell it for free? Who knows.

Rihanna is will not take a cut of the writing credits. It will likely be a huge hit that will be serviced and promoted to radio. It near guaranteed #1. It won't have Beyonce's killer vocals, won't get a video on the level of Bey's, and won't get the acclaim that Bey would have got. But it would be a huge hit. And while Rih is no Bey, she is still a huge name and is more successful in some metrics.

Who would you give the song to?

Rihanna;

a million times better than Beyoncé no explanation needed

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

LADY GAGA, RIHANNA & KESHA ❤️
  • YAAAS 4
  • Thanks 1

River

A duet with both :vegas:

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Borislshere

Beyoncé. I’d rather have a flop good song than to hear Rihanna struggling to sing it. 

• LMAO 3
  • Sad 1