Sign in to follow this  
question

If both Beyonce and Rihanna wanted your song

Featured Posts

Mr S

You are a songwriter and you just wrote and produced in incredible trendy edgy urban cool song that you know has potential to be huge. You submit it into a writing camp. Both Rihanna and Beyonce's team express interest. What do you do?

Beyonce is Beyonce. She is a legend and everything she touches gets media attention and acclaim. It will be performed in a huge stadium tour and will have an incredible artistic video. She likely wins you a Grammy too. But she will add a line and receive writing credits. You lose a cut. Will she release it as a single? If she does, will she promote it? Will she sabotage it? Will she sell it for free? Who knows.

Rihanna is will not take a cut of the writing credits. It will likely be a huge hit that will be serviced and promoted to radio. It's near guaranteed #1. It won't have Beyonce's killer vocals, won't get a video on the level of Bey's, and won't get the acclaim/Grammy that Bey would have got. But it would be a huge hit. And while Rih is no Bey, she is still a huge name and is more successful in some metrics.

Who would you give the song to?

Edited by GrigioGirl1
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2

Talenti

Beyonce because even though sis doesn’t believe in promotion her vocals are too heavenly to miss out on :bradley:

This is for Rachel you big fat white nasty smelly fat b*tch💖❤️💖
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 1

alextruper17

Rihannaz definitely

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Florian

Diamond was a massive hit and Pretty Hurts bombed harder than G.U.Y.

I'd learn from Sia's experience :poot:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 7
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

kyanewest
8 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Both Rihanna and Beyonce's team express interest. What do you do?

Easy. You pick Rihanna. She got style, and u got more chances of the song being a number 1 hit. Sure Bey is appreciated worldwide but u have 50% chance of the song being a huge hit. Rihanna has the cool girl factor, hard to explain 

It's like asking whether u'd pick Drake or Jay Z. Pick Drake, he'll make it a number 1 hit, Jay Z is appreciated and will always being in the top 100 best rappers list, but he's not the trend anymore 

Edited by kyanewest
Kanye West Is Blonde And Gone
  • Like 2

RenegAde

Beyonce she's more artistic 

On a second thought rihanna has less copyright issues and with her i know people will actaully buy it :ohwell: so rihrih

• LMAO 1

the Devil of Pop

I'd give it to Bey because I would want to hear her unique ability to add great harmonies, runs, and ad-libs. I think she would improve my song and make it better than I could have imagined it!

Great thread tho! You made it a tough choice :giveup:

Edited by Pops Wife
How can I protect something so perfect without evil?
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, Florian said:

Diamond was a massive hit and Pretty Hurts bombed harder than G.U.Y.

I'd learn from Sia's experience :poot:

This :huntyga:

HighRoad
9 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

You are a songwriter and you just wrote and produced in incredible trendy edgy urban cool song that you know has potential to be huge. You submit it into a writing camp. Both Rihanna and Beyonce's team express interest. What do you do?

Beyonce is Beyonce. She is a legend and everything she touches gets media attention and acclaim. It will be performed in a huge stadium tour and will have an incredible artistic video. But she will add a line and receive writing credits. You lose a cut. Will she release it as a single? If she does, will she promote it? Will she sabotage it? Will she sell it for free? Who knows.

Rihanna is will not take a cut of the writing credits. It will likely be a huge hit that will be serviced and promoted to radio. It near guaranteed #1. It won't have Beyonce's killer vocals, won't get a video on the level of Bey's, and won't get the acclaim that Bey would have got. But it would be a huge hit. And while Rih is no Bey, she is still a huge name and is more successful in some metrics.

Who would you give the song to?

Rihanna;

a million times better than Beyoncé no explanation needed

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

Monster ❤️ Navy ❤️ Animal ❤️ Katycat
  • YAAAS 4
  • Thanks 1

River

A duet with both :vegas:

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Borislshere

Beyoncé. I’d rather have a flop good song than to hear Rihanna struggling to sing it. 

• LMAO 3
  • Sad 1