Stefani Tee
society

“In God We Trust” signs to be in every Louisiana public school

Featured Posts

Defmix100
10 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

How is this legal :triggered: this nation has no national religion. Smh. 

isn't it on the dollar bill?

HorusRa2
2 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

It is & it shouldn’t be. 

• Like 10

ZwRaven
16 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Rightfully so especially when people are complaining about real issues like hot meals, integration of school, keeping religion out of schools, affordable school supplies, daycare, LGBTQ, bullying, etc.

And even with that out of the way, this is still stupid af. What's the point of keeping private school tax exempt and void of funding due to religious views when those same people are basically trying to make public schools into loophole private schools too.

It's on our money so what makes the difference.

Katharine Hepburn

Forcing region on children is disgraceful, America being trash again :oops:

xoxo Joanne
  • Like 2

River

Is in mandatory to have a bible class at school and a final exam in high school? in Israel it is :poot:

I find it weird to force your belief on kids, they should have their own choices and their own journey into religion  or no religion, not even their parents should do it, spirituality or no spirituality is something that a person needs to find alone without any outside influences, it's private.

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Like 2

Autumn

I was gonna say I'm glad to be British but then I realised we have state funded Christian schools and I attended one :green:

• formerly ARealWildMan, WarriorPhoenix •

the Devil of Pop

That's so gross. This is why I do my own quiet little protest and don't recite the Pledge with everyone else whenever I work at a public school. I think that young people need to know that you don't have to assimilate to everyone else's culture. 

Did you guys know that "God" was only added to money and the Pledge during the Reagan administration? 

The Founding Fathers  were actually largely non-Christian deists (meaning they believed in God but no particular church) 

How can I protect something so perfect without evil?
  • Like 2
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

Morphine Prince
26 minutes ago, River said:

Is in mandatory to have a bible class at school and a final exam in high school? 

No, Bible class is not a thing. Unless of course you attend a private Christian school. 

Edited by Morphine Prince
The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Thanks 1

holy scheisse
36 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

Another example of the hypocrisy :bradley:

lego
12 minutes ago, Pops Wife said:

I think that young people need to know that you don't have to assimilate to everyone else's culture. 

preach :golfclap:

It's not easy love, but you've got friends you can trust
  • Thanks 1

Alii
43 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Also let’s not forget “IGWT” was added to our currency during the Cold War when there was mass hysteria over the USSR and “Godless communists” 

This is archaic and should have no place in a secular nation. 

Similar thing happened in Germany a while ago.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/31/europe/bavaria-germany-crosses-public-buildings-intl/index.html

• Shook 2

FFXSoul91
45 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

They added it during the 1950s, under the Eisenhower administration, to show how “not communist” we are, along with “under god” to the Pledge of Allegiance. Both should be removed as neither were the intention of our forefathers.

We should be undoing this McCarthy Era trash instead of pushing it forward.

Edited by FFXSoul91
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

River
11 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

No, Bible class is not a thing. Unless of course you attend a private Christian school. 

at least with this it done right, I had to study all the chapters of the bible since 2nd grade.. and it's the old testament so it's pretty f-cked up for kids because god goes on killing spree  or they talk about rape and other difficult issues, too much for kids imo

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)