Stefani Tee
society

Elderly couple commits suicide because they can’t afford healthcare costs

Featured Posts

GABEL
1 hour ago, Cssomeone said:

Do you know how much it costs to be taken to hospital by ambulance, for instance, in US? :cryga:

I thought ambulance service is free in every countries
oh my god wow GIF

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Ayoherewego

An ambulance ride can start at $500 but can go up into the thousands depending on what life saving interventions have to be preformed on the patient. But most Americans don't even pay their hospitals bills let alone the ambulance bill. 

• Like 3
  • Shook 4

Helxig
1 hour ago, GypsyBabe said:

I’m so sorry to hear this. :ohno:

My health insurance costs me $400 a month and I don’t even have a family to think about. Good healthcare is very expensive and causes a lot of stress on US families. A simple ambulance ride can cost $10,000 and god forbid you are severely injured and have to be med flighted. That can cost $30,000. A severe illness can cause a family massive debt. 

Holy ****ing **** what the hell America

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

RoverLoader
44 minutes ago, GABEL said:

I thought ambulance service is free in every countries
oh my god wow GIF

Nope. Even here In Australia its between 380 to 600 dollars and then a charge per km after that,   unless you pay the annual Ambulance  membership fee which is $92.

Thank god for the NHS

• Like 2

ChicaSkas
18 minutes ago, Ayoherewego said:

An ambulance ride can start at $500 but can go up into the thousands depending on what life saving interventions have to be preformed on the patient. But most Americans don't even pay their hospitals bills let alone the ambulance bill. 

Took me months to pay off mine in a payment plan. Had a panic attack *thought it was a heart attack because i'd never had one before* and it cost a LOT.

Are YOU the owner of the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you $$ for it. Picture: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Karl

I think in the UK we take for granted that we don't have to pay for anything medical, even though I think it should be the case everywhere.. 

• Like 6

Lilmonzter
20 minutes ago, Karl said:

I think in the UK we take for granted that we don't have to pay for anything medical, even though I think it should be the case everywhere.. 

Yeah the nhs system is great init?!

Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi

Defmix100
1 hour ago, Karl said:

I'm starting to never want to leave the UK. I've wanted to live in America pretty much my whole life and the company I work for want me to move there now too but these last few years I keep seeing things which put me off so much

• Sad 1

Melech
3 hours ago, Adakam said:

Another death sponsored by republicans 

It’s not like all democrats support it either 

• LMAO 1

gagzus
1 hour ago, Karl said:

Yeah we really do, we should be thankful we only have to pay dental bills in adulthood when it comes to healthcare. Although I have pretty strong opinions on people who mistreat our system and think we should charge for certain circumstances.

OT: this is heartbreaking :( 

2012ga is my aesthetic

ChaosAngel17

That moment when Albania (a small country in eastern europe known for it's poverty) has better helth insurance (everything FREE) than America.

• Like 3

Unbeweavable
5 hours ago, Reginald said:

No kidding. If I ever have a medical emergency, I'm calling an uber, not an ambulance. The entire system is broken and ineffective 

I didn't know it was that bad :cryga:  What the actual ****! As if it's your fault you need health care :air: 

4 hours ago, Born To Slay said:

Is this a joke? Pls tell me if ur being sarcastic cause I honestly can’t tell. 

If you r for real tho, don’t feel bad. It’s only fair to assume that’d be the case but it’s not. Here in America, healthcare is largely privatized and can be quite expensive.

It's pretty much free in the UK so some people wouldn't know it's different elsewhere

Unbeweavable
3 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

Took me months to pay off mine in a payment plan. Had a panic attack *thought it was a heart attack because i'd never had one before* and it cost a LOT.

!?!?!? I'm honestly speechless.. I had them come to my house once for the same thing D: I can't imagine the stress of then having to pay money I most likely wouldn't have.. wtf

• Love 1

Born To Slay
3 hours ago, Unbeweavable said:

I didn't know it was that bad :cryga:  What the actual ****! As if it's your fault you need health care :air: 

It's pretty much free in the UK so some people wouldn't know it's different elsewhere

Just to give u an idea of how bad it is, we have 30 million people here with no insurance at all and over 80 million people severely under insured. We pay 3 times as much per capita as u guys do yet we have worse health outcomes and ore prescription drugs are some of the most expensive in the world. Over 45,000 people die every year due to lack of health insurance. It’s a ****ing mess controlled by private companies out to milk the American people.

• Sad 1