Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

Rihanna and Cardi B drag Trump

Featured Posts

ZacharyMark
6 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

Does she not understand that gun shooters can get guns illegally? isnt drugs illegal yet we can easily find it anywhere? 

Cool now Republicans can go put guns in cages instead of children. Good idea!

Edited by ZacharyMark
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1

KatieJudasGaga4
16 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

What country is this?

On their profile, it states they are from Saudi Arabia

My Holy Trinity: Lady Gaga, Imagine Dragons, Mariah Carey

PartySick
6 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

I would not say it leads to less mass shooting, yes maybe make it more strict but im not sure that will change anything. If I decided to be a criminal today and I wanted to mass shoot, I wouldnt care if its legal or not and I wont give up because guns are illegal. 

I always thought this logic was nonsense. This isn't an argument against gun control, it's an argument FOR lawless anarchy.

"Why have laws at all? Criminals don't follow them!"

We have laws to deter and prevent things like this. Gun control works in every nation that signs gun control laws. They'd work here too.

I'm a person and the person that I am can change 🥀
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

dit

These two women are amazing. They are ALWAYS stomping on Donald's disgusting NECK!

• Like 1

Lord Temptation

“In the past 48hrs, the USA horrifically lost 34 people to mass shootings. On average, across any 48hrs, we also lose…

500 to Medical errors

300 to the Flu

250 to Suicide

200 to Car Accidents

40 to Homicide via Handgun

Often our emotions respond more to spectacle than to data

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

https://mobile.twitter.com/neiltyson/status/1158074774297468928?

Edited by Lord Temptation
  • LMAO 1

Faysalaaa
5 hours ago, PartySick said:

I always thought this logic was nonsense. This isn't an argument against gun control, it's an argument FOR lawless anarchy.

"Why have laws at all? Criminals don't follow them!"

We have laws to deter and prevent things like this. Gun control works in every nation that signs gun control laws. They'd work here too.

Well I am a Anarchist lol 

I am for strict gun control but dont ban them. I said in one of my comments that I would support making it harder to get but then people said they want to ban it for personal use! And also while im for strict gun control, I still think it wont change anything, it will only help prevent suicide and mistake deaths.

Edited by Faysalaaa
  • Shook 1

Faysalaaa
7 hours ago, Kylie Jenner said:

this is true, however majority of terrorists: white supremacists or other types, are known to have purchased firearms legally. And this is exactly why the gun laws need to be dropped. While it wouldn't bring down the amount of terror attacks completely, it'll decline dramatically. 

Yes most shooters purchase guns legally, but if you make it illegal, they will get it illegally and easily. I am for making gun laws more strict but not to ban them. Alot of members here said they want to ban guns from homes. I have guns in my home and I want to use it to defend myself. And I have no problem with her hating on Trump.

Faysalaaa
9 hours ago, Karl said:

Don't know where you are getting those stats from, this article shows 14,000 homicides related to guns in 2016. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-41488081Y

Your argument about people still killing is terrible. Yeah if someone has a grudge against one other person they may find another way to kill that one person, but they would have a hard job killing 25 people in 20 seconds with a semi automatic rifle intended for military use. Why are you justifying this? 

Related to guns is different from crimes by guns. Related to guns also include suicide and homicide for example. It also includes guns shot by cops which should not be included. They admit this in the statistic that everyone uses.

A person who wants to kill 25 people in 20 seconds will find a way to do it. You can take me to the most gun strict area and I can find you a gun easily.

Faysalaaa
10 hours ago, Gov Hooka said:

Then educate yourself on the issue before you start making logically incoherent arguments please

Me not knowing what these specific guns in America do is invalid to my argument. 

Faysalaaa
6 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

What country is this?

Saudi Arabia

Faysalaaa
10 hours ago, ladylinners said:

Only a small percentage use guns for self-defence. In 2019 8,744 people have been killed by guns so far. There have been 33,073 reported incidents of gun violence as of August 4, 2019. ONLY 888 of those incidents have been in self-defence. SOURCE

In the US you can buy a gun with no weapons experience at all. No training, no nothing. You walk in to a store, any Walmart, and buy a gun over the counter. You can buy a gun for your child. I'm trying to find an article from a few years back (but haven't found it yet), but a man thought he there was a burgular in his house. Took his gun and walked down stairs. He ended up shooting and killing his own son who was coming home from visiting his friend. This is the reality in the US. That is not self defense. 

Gun laws are not about banning guns. It is about restricting who can own a gun. It is about making sure that if you want to own a gun you should now how to handle a gun. How to keep it in a safe. How to keep your ammunition. What guns are allowed for sale. What stores can sell guns. That you need a license to own a gun. If you truly want to own a gun you do not mind jumping through these hoops because it will ensure that you are safe from gun violence, that your children, your neighbour, your community is safe from gun violence. 

Many people I know own guns. I live in a hunting district of Sweden. But I also feel safe because they have all been approved to own guns by the police (they have hunting licenses issued by the police). They have all taken courses on how to fire and keep guns. And they are not allowed to carry their guns outside unless it is hunting season or purposes where they would need the gun (ie for searching for wounded animals because of road accidents). 

Ok so I would support making it very hard and people need to be qualified, but saying guns do not belong in homes and you want to ban it for self defense im against that. Which is what I thought you said.

Faysalaaa
10 hours ago, ladylinners said:

Can you cite your sources?

Where are you looking because that page does not have a number that's 2,749? 

The statistics does not include the word "murder". Murder is generally something that has to be proven under criminal law. 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

And watch this video if you want, I know its cringy because its a cartoon but he makes good arguments.

ladylinners
39 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Ok so I would support making it very hard and people need to be qualified, but saying guns do not belong in homes and you want to ban it for self defense im against that. Which is what I thought you said.

I never said guns should be banned in homes. I said "It will effectively limit guns in homes where they do not belong". There is a difference between someone who has applied for a weapons licence, done weapons training, training on how to keep the gun in a safe etc owning a gun; and someone walking into Walmart buying a gun over the counter. As such, a gun can be in one home but should NOT be in the other. 

Stricter gun laws is not about banning guns it is about ensuring that people who own guns know how to keep and use them. It should not be possible to decide you want a gun and then go to your local Walmart and buy one over the counter without any experience of weapons.

I'm still not buying the "I need it for self-defense line". It's not the 1800s. Statistics show how few cases actually use guns for self-defence.  The Violence Policy Center (VPC) states that "more guns are stolen each year than are used in self-defence". 

"A series of VPC studies on guns and self-defense thoroughly disprove the NRA myth. These studies analyze national data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program’s Supplementary Homicide Report (SHR) and the Bureau of Justice Statistics’ National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS). Among the findings of the most recent edition of the study are the following:

In 2016, the FBI reports there were only 274 justifiable homicides involving a private citizen using a firearm. That same year, there were 10,341 criminal gun homicides. Guns were used in 37 criminal homicides for every justifiable homicide.

Intended victims of violent crimes engaged in self-protective behavior that involved a firearm in 1.1 percent of attempted and completed incidents between 2014 and 2016.

Intended victims of property crimes engaged in self-protective behavior that involved a firearm in 0.3 percent of attempted and completed incidents between 2014 and 2016.

When analyzing the most reliable data available, what is most striking is that in a nation of more than 300 million guns, how rarely firearms are used in self-defense". SOURCE

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/firearms-research/gun-threats-and-self-defense-gun-use-2/

"Guns kept in the home are more likely to be involved in a fatal or nonfatal unintentional shooting, criminal assault or suicide attempt than to be used to injure or kill in self-defense.  That is, a gun is more likely to be used to kill or injure an innocent person in the home than a threatening intruder". SOURCE

adterp
1 hour ago, Faysalaaa said:

Well I am a Anarchist lol 

I am for strict gun control but dont ban them. I said in one of my comments that I would support making it harder to get but then people said they want to ban it for personal use! And also while im for strict gun control, I still think it wont change anything, it will only help prevent suicide and mistake deaths.

Disclaimer : being anarchist doesn’t mean you are pro-gun nor pro-violence. Enough with stereotypes. 

Since the beginning of the thread, I feel like :

1. you don’t read the many sources and facts you were presented to

2. you use words you don’t understand and numbers randomly

Read more, read from different sources and compare them, develop your critical mind.

Gun control is very necessary, but it’s only dealing with consequences. What makes shootings happen is individualism, fear and ignorance. Mental health too.

Those shooters think that their problems are caused by refugees, immigrants or POC, because they were told so. Cardi is right when she talk about racial war, it really is. Trump feeds it and creates monsters everyday. 

Edited by adterp
  • Like 6

Faysalaaa
13 minutes ago, adterp said:

Disclaimer : being anarchist doesn’t mean you are pro-gun nor pro-violence. Enough with stereotypes. 

Since the beginning of the thread, I feel like :

1. you don’t read the many sources and facts you were presented to

2. you use words you don’t understand and numbers randomly

Read more, read from different sources and compare them, develop your critical mind.

Gun control is very necessary, but it’s only dealing with consequences. What makes shootings happen is individualism, fear and ignorance. Mental health too.

Those shooters think that their problems are caused by refugees, immigrants or POC, because they were told so. Cardi is right when she talk about racial war, it really is. Trump feeds it and creates monsters everyday. 

I am an anarchist, I did not stereotype anarchists! Anarchists are not pro violence, I never said they are. But we are pro guns.

I do read the sources given to me and when I dont understand, I ask for explanation or add to it with my source. Just because I dont come up with the same conclusion as you, does not mean im not reading them.

What words did I use that I dont understand and what numbers did I use randomly?

I agree with you on why gun shootings happen, I said what you said and people started mocking me and comparing me to Tomi Lahren.