💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are the Haus Labs promo shots too weak?

Stef

Featured Posts

bloody g

Not all of it is bad. I like the promotion and I think she is doing a good job overall, but those instastories... I have to agree. :selena:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐹𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CannaeDrive

Oh look at all the Little Experts in Photography & Make-up :ladyhaha:

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Linus Gaga

Yes because many shots with no filter and photoshop. 

This is just like she don't use autotune these days, it can show the true talent / (beauty for Haus lab) . However the general like perfection, they like to listen to pitch corrected vocal ( they would also like to see beautiful pictures with editing) , when it comes to official release.

Hit me a message and say hi !

G U C C I

Her strategy is great. Untouched photos that show real skin with flaws is amazing and refreshing. The products look great! The packaging could have been more extravagant but she’s going for a lower price point which is appreciated so that’s nice too. 

The issue is why spend all that time, energy, and money to cast models and shoot an amazing promo video with individual photos of the models looks just to upload random ass stories showing messy quality on assistants and yourself? Yeah Gaga is gorgeous and she’s always been about expression over being pretty so this fits but they could have shot a 100 high quality stories without retouching things and then published them at various times instead of her and Sarah filming random ones that look like they did it with minimal lighting in her closet! It makes no sense. It’s honestly kinda infuriating to see when she has done so much to build herself into the icon she is and here we have her surrounded by yes men and poor execution on what is going to most likely become her brand. 

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, Stef said:

Take these two for example:

the eye makeup in the first shot is NOT the tea and the fact it’s a shot for the makeup line promotion is worrying to me :laughga: 

I feel like maybe these photos should be a lot stronger don’t you? They’re trying to sell a line and when the look that’s being published can’t even look 100% stellar, how can the customer be convinced? 

Thoughts?

Well those three are hideous. But I don't know what I'm expecting when there is literally three products to choose from. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Linus Gaga

These pics looked even stronger :tony: just behind the scene photos of a music video set

Hit me a message and say hi !

Stef
25 minutes ago, CannaeDrive said:

Oh look at all the Little Experts in Photography & Make-up :ladyhaha:

You don’t need to have an honorary degree in media and beauty to tell if something looks a bit... meh :air: 

Signature loading
 đŸ‘čđŸ–€

nozhoemi

I feel like there are definitely pros and cons with her Haus Labs promo....

I do like that they’re showing how the makeup works and looks under simple unfiltered/not photoshopped conditions (those short videos they post of them applying the makeup, Gaga’s selfies with the makeup on etc.) since it feels more truthful and less “fake/photoshopped instagram model” vibe. (However, I guess it can come off as low effort as well... which leads into my next paragraph :p) 

I feel like they need to balance that simple stuff with more big, extravagant promo stuff as well. The first promotional video was amazing! They can still keep it unfiltered (like the promo photos showing real skin texture on the models) but I think they need to make more of an effort to stand out more. The beauty community is massive with many huge brands...Jeffree Star, Fenty etc. I love Gaga a lot and I really want her to succeed. 

it was a perfect illusion

TimisaMonster

The pics dont look professional just shot off a cell phone...

And they need to get more close up shots of the makeup...not awkward faces and poses lol

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

LeJudas
2 hours ago, Loeppke said:

I guess it’s to show that anyone can do their makeup :poot:

Is this the Ratatouille New York remake

JazzGa

Omg WHAT is up with that green eye makeup pic? Who approved that? I am constantly defending HL but posting that is indefensible... I'd never even post a pic like that to my 200 measly followers :saladga: 

I hate the Insta stories and phone pictures. It's amateur hour.  

Those run-on sentences are amateur hour too :saladga:

Hoping for more professional, high gloss shots in an upcoming magazine spread or something. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with BrianđŸŽș and SteveđŸŽ·

lego
6 minutes ago, Pops Wife said:

Omg WHAT is up with that green eye makeup pic? Who approved that? I am constantly defending HL but posting that is indefensible... I'd never even post a pic like that to my 200 measly followers :saladga: 

I hate the Insta stories and phone pictures. It's amateur hour.  

Those run-on sentences are amateur hour too :saladga:

Hoping for more professional, high gloss shots in an upcoming magazine spread or something. 

it’s actually a video but yeah

FreePalestine

HiddenWeirdo

Some of you in this thread are literally behaving like bullies. 

Who the hell do you think you are, that you think you can critizise something in that way.

You could leave your opinion by writing gently instead of using sentences like „looks like ****“.

Renie

Y’all are acting like some pics posted on Gaga’s insta story late at night are supposed to be official promo pics! They’re not, they’re simply her playing around. She was probably 2 glasses of wine deep, sitting in her closet putting on makeup and clothes, taking selfies and letting people know they only have few more hours to buy her products. Stop acting like every picture they post is a cell phone pic. The Haus Labs account only has 4 pics out of 45 that are cell pics. The rest are professionally done by Hannah and Joey James! There are probably more that will come out when it officially launches. So many people are complaining that we don’t get any fun behind the scenes pics or vids of what Gaga’s doing. But when she posts some and all you can do is complain about how terrible it looks and how it should be more professional! This poor girl can’t win! :saladga:

ShayCristoforo

I'm hopeful for this to be a success. But I wonder what their cost is so far. Because it seems like this is only being marketed and applicable to Lady Gaga fans and as I've seen, some of us aren't here for it lol.
So I wonder how much they expect to profit. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Archived