💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are the Haus Labs promo shots too weak?

Stef

Featured Posts

Stef

Take these two for example:

the eye makeup in the first shot is NOT the tea and the fact it’s a shot for the makeup line promotion is worrying to me :laughga: 

I feel like maybe these photos should be a lot stronger don’t you? They’re trying to sell a line and when the look that’s being published can’t even look 100% stellar, how can the customer be convinced? 

Thoughts?

Signature loading… 👹🖤

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland

I don't even know anything about makeup, but these products look ѕhit to me :huntyga: I mean...

EA5WbESXYAE1yTi?format=jpg&name=medium

Literally serving

Safety-Non-toxic-Makeup-Kit-For-Dream-Gi

Borislshere

The eye makeup in that first pic looks like it came from those toy makeup kits they sell to kids. :bradley:

I think it's the lighting making it look bad. I really liked the other photos. 

Quartz

To be fair, the bad ones were from stories. Still, you have a fair point. I did love the way it looked in the guru video they did. I'm just waiting for more professionally shot stuff, honestly.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Didymus

I personally don't find them appealing but I've seen so many fans love it so I'm sure it's just not my taste. I don't know, I just find it a little unambitious.

When I'm looking at make-up or glamour shots I want to see different moods, different vibes, different settings so I can imagine different stories and characters for each picture that I see, and can easily imagine recreating the essence of those pictures in my own daily life. Not getting that with Haus Labs' campaign. I just see a bunch of people trying to look edgy and I'm not even really looking at the make-up :triggered:

I don't know SH-T about make-up though :laughga: But I compared them to the only other celeb beauty brand I know, Fenty Beauty, and I thought hers looked a lot better, as in: nicer to look at and more professional, and more of a "omg I can imagine wanting this" as a make-up stan or whatever. I like that the variety of the products takes immediate center stage and she uses vastly different color schemes and backgrounds for her pictures so the make-up looks versatile and omnipotent in terms of the potential for daily use. I'm also not looking at the models and at the make-up specifically, even in Rihanna's own pictures.

holiday-2018_fenty-beauty_002_promo.jpg

holiday-2018_fenty-beauty_001_promo.jpg

rihanna-fenty-beauty-moroccan-spice-camp

7483_ZRRhu1dz0spcNQDi_2.jpg

f448e55f7ba10cee4d3bf73db72fe4b2.jpg

So far I'm not really getting why people would be interested in Gaga's products based on the campaign alone.

I repeat though: I don't know anything about make-up. I'm just waiting for the experts to review it :shrug:

FameHookah

I can do better makeup than that green brown shadow mess 🥺

And i dont even wear make up (besides concealer :teehee:) lmao it looks really amateurish , even small beauty gurus do much better insta shots but eh im not gonna be complaining 24/7 about it.

I expected more colors and stuff coming from someone like gaga, maybe in the future she'll expand like Jefree.

WTF is MDNA

GypsyBabe

I live for Gaga’s messiness 

But, the shots could be better for sure. She’s taking the whole unfiltered, do it yourself, drugstore glam thing TOO FAR. Still bought everything though, and can’t wait to try it. 

⚯͛

LaLa

I like that she's just playing around with her own makeup on insta stories, I think it's fun.

That said, I think it would be better if she did that kind of think AFTER the products were out, and alongside a more polished media campaign. Pre-launch should be all slick, and then do some fun lives and tutorials and things when everyone has the products and can play along. 

Reginald

I wish they were using professional cameras instead of phones.

Some of these insta stories look like crap honestly.  The green eyeshadow in image 3 looks patchy, dull, and blurry, and it's all bc of whatever they're using to capture the image. I love Gaga and I hope that the products are excellent in real life, 

But this insta promo cycle is giving me Mary Kay /Diet Pill/  Essential Oil "Friend From Highschool Trying To Sell Products On Facebook" vibes. 

Miel
9 minutes ago, Loeppke said:

I guess it’s to show that anyone can do their makeup :poot:

I'm, like, wondering if that's their current schtick right now. The initial promotional images are fine (some, even gorgeous), but the rest have just been Gaga's Instagram updates?

I guess it's cool, because it shows it in a more honest and direct light. I appreciate that, I guess?

3 points in and ready for more

Archived