đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

opinion

Stan culture has gone too far

HoneyB

Featured Posts

LilyLark
3 hours ago, Talenti said:

My point is, we should be kinder to one another and not take “stanning” so seriously it’s unhealthy and weird... what are your guy’s thoughts on this weird internet phenomenon?:wub:

Reveal hidden contents

As you can see, I’m a little pressed rn that my mother is FLOPPING right now but that’s besides the point

angry clap GIF

Completely agree. It's kind of bizarre how stan twitter evolved from a petty but mostly harmless way for some fans to kill time & get info on their fav singers into...the pure ugliness that it is today. Plus, it used to be stans mostly poking fun at other stans and not relishing in an actual artist flopping...because people used to be more self aware and realize an artist isn't responsible for a stan base.

*Obviously, not all of stan twitter is like this but a good portion of most stan bases now like to engage in dumb stan wars. Buzzfeed wrote an interesting piece on how  ugly stan twitter can get when the last Star Wars film came out (obviously, the film/acting stan twitter doesn't tend to pit women against one another so much like music twitter but still can be crazy).

**and I'll be a hypocrite and say Ed (ugh) and Adam Levine should be the exception since they have a history of being douchey towards women and not just Gaga (and the media gives them a pass on it!).

It's not simply stan culture-it's SOCIAL MEDIA... aka the worst invention of the early 21st Century so far.

as members of a cult, our opinion on this is quite partial...

ice heard one side from above

Guillaume Hamon

When I think we were supposed to be the most rabid ones back in the day...

If they only knew what was coming lmao!

Archived