Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
music news

Doja Cat's Jealous Type debuts at #14 on Global Spotify


TaylorSwift

Featured Posts

TaylorSwift

Day 1: 
GDJ-World-Flags-Globe.svgGlobal #14 - 3,170,945
flag-for-united-states_1f1fa-1f1f8.png US #8 - 1,006,848
 

Day 2: 
GDJ-World-Flags-Globe.svg Global  #48-34  +1,996,755 -1,174,190 (-37%)
flag-for-united-states_1f1fa-1f1f8.png US #29-21 +642,961 -363,887  (-36%)

Day 3: 
GDJ-World-Flags-Globe.svg Global  #64-16  +1,657,509 -339,246 (-17%)
flag-for-united-states_1f1fa-1f1f8.png US #46-17 +498,905 -144,056 (-22%)
 

 

Vote for me: https://www.grammy.com/vote/taylor-swift
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nagini
6 minutes ago, Economy said:

This is an album or single?

Single. The song is ok, kinda forgettable imo but I can imagine it on the radio

Link to post
Share on other sites

TaylorSwift
22 minutes ago, nkta said:

it’s somewhat weak? considering song will go down after the first day of release

no, it's her biggest solo debut and the biggest solo debut for a female rapper

Vote for me: https://www.grammy.com/vote/taylor-swift
Link to post
Share on other sites

AsleepOnTheCeiling
22 minutes ago, nkta said:

it’s somewhat weak? considering song will go down after the first day of release

Paint the Town Red debuted at #15 and then was at #1 for 4 weeks a few weeks after. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

tylerjs

I’m in love with this song. It’s so good I can’t stop listening to it. The video is absolutely immaculate too 

🇨🇺🇧🇸 “It’s one banana, how much could it cost? $10?”
Link to post
Share on other sites

Economy
10 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

no, it's her biggest solo debut and the biggest solo debut for a female rapper

Like of all time? Or just this year? Sounds low. I would have imagined at least one of the other rap girlies at some point debuted higher than that... Cardi B, Nicky Minaj, Missy Elliot?

Link to post
Share on other sites

bpmMonkey

Actually quite like it. First listen was a little meh, but I listened to it today at least 6 times already (5pm here) 

saving people, hunting things - the family business
Link to post
Share on other sites

andy232000

I’m estimating similar numbers for Dead Dance so let’s all calibrate our expectations

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wet Fire

Her last two lead singles were career standouts and this one feels definitely underwhelming. But I'm guessing this song was the lead because it encapsulates the sound of the album as a whole? It touches upon different sonics Doja has done through her career. Also just found of Jack Antonoff co-produced this :neyde:

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Wet Fire said:

Her last two lead singles were career standouts and this one feels definitely underwhelming. But I'm guessing this song was the lead because it encapsulates the sound of the album as a whole? It touches upon different sonics Doja has done through her career. Also just found of Jack Antonoff co-produced this :neyde:

Kiss Me More was a giant hit, but lead for Scarlett - Attention - went without much… attention haha. I did love that song though!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t get it. Why is everyone getting such weak stats? Have people stopped listening to pop aside from the rotation of the same 3 girls? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

andy232000
1 hour ago, Emvee said:

I don’t get it. Why is everyone getting such weak stats? Have people stopped listening to pop aside from the rotation of the same 3 girls? 

The APK removal really screwed everyone over. They removed tons of illegal accounts who formed part of the stats. This all happened at the very beginning of the year so everyone’s release from now on will just be lower. It really puts into perspective the fact that Gaga was able to pull 4M+ with Abra. A year ago it would’ve been double 

Link to post
Share on other sites

TaylorSwift

Day 2: 
#48-34 Global — 1,996,755 -1,174,190 (-37%)
#29-21 US — 642,961 -363,887  (-36%)

Vote for me: https://www.grammy.com/vote/taylor-swift
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...