đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Indiewire: 50 Best acting performance of 2010s. Miss Gaga at 27.

GaGaAst

Featured Posts

Jadeykins
3 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

I feel pretty sad that Bradley didn't exist in the ASIB era & still doesn't. Everybody from the GP mentions the film as "Lady Gaga's biography/Lady Gaga's film", all the awards that the film won were snatched by Gaga, it feels like Bradley couldn't shine even if it was HIS project… Even the soundtrack is listed as an album by Gaga only in most of countries...

true! 

as much as i love how much praise gaga got for the film it's a bit sad that Bradley really put his soul into that film and his acting was brilliant yet he didn't get as much acknowledgement as he deserved 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GaGaAst said:

50 Kristen Stewart (“Personal Shopper”)

49 Robert Pattinson (“Good Time”)

48 Lily Gladstone (“Certain Women”)

47 Ando Sakura (“Shoplifters”)

46 Sally Hawkins (“The Shape of Water”)

45 Elsie Fisher (“Eighth Grade”)

44 Kim Hye-ja (“Mother”)

43 Emmanuelle Riva (“Amour”)

42 Emayatzy Corinealdi (“Middle of Nowhere”)

41 Anne Marsen (“Girl Walk // All Day”)

40 Chadwick Boseman (“Get on Up”)

39 Timothée Chalamet (“Call Me by Your Name”)

38 Viola Davis (“Fences”)

37 Payman Maadi (“A Separation”)

36 Leila Hatami (“A Separation”)

35 Mya Taylor (“Tangerine”)

34 Tiffany Haddish (“Girls Trip”)

33 Tim Heidecker (“The Comedy”)

32 Elizabeth Debicki (“The Great Gatsby”)

31 Yalita Aparicio (“Roma”)

30 Tom Cruise (“Mission: Impossible — Fallout”)

29 Toni Collette (“Hereditary”)

28 Steven Yeun (“Burning”)

27 Lady Gaga (“A Star Is Born”)

26 Daniela Vega (“A Fantastic Woman”)

25 Regina Hall (“Support the Girls”)

24 Jesse Eisenberg (“The Social Network”)

23 Patricia Arquette (“Boyhood”)

22 Hugh Grant (“Paddington 2”)

21 Denis Lavant (“Holy Motors”)

20 Kirsten Dunst (“Melancholia”)

19 Eva Melander (“Border”)

18 Agyness Deyn (“Sunset Song”)

17 James Franco (“Spring Breakers”)

16 Tilda Swinton (“Only Lovers Left Alive”)

15 Natalie Portman (“Jackie”)

14 Daniel Kaluua (“Get Out”)

13 Helena Howard (“Madeline’s Madeline”)

12 Leonardo DiCaprio (“The Wolf of Wall Street”)

11 Charlize Theron (“Mad Max: Fury Road”)

10 Oscar Isaac (“Inside Llewyn Davis”)

9 Ralph Fiennes (“The Grand Budapest Hotel”)

8 Lupita Nyong’o (“12 Years a Slave”)

7 Sandra Hüller (“Toni Erdmann”)

6 Saoirse Ronan (“Lady Bird”)

5 Mahershala Ali (“Moonlight”)

4 Isabelle Huppert (“Elle”)

3 Daniel Day-Lewis (“Lincoln”)

2 Cate Blanchett (“Carol”)

1 Philip Seymour Hoffman (“The Master”)

https://www.indiewire.com/gallery/best-acting-movies-2010s-performances/stewartpersonalshopper/

Again, nothing that remarkable about Miss Ronan's acting in Ladybird. Even Gaga's performance was more nuanced

Whispering
24 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Idgi :emma: They don't make statements about whole decades do they?

A lot of these amazing acting performances (and their films) weren't even nominated for an Oscar too, so that logic doesn't work for me. The Oscars have always been 50% popularity 50% quality contest. Film festivals and critics associations are a better judge.

Film critics and festivals disagreed with you, too. 

HausOfMiklaus

INDIEWIRE, maybe we have to stan.

"The first time Bradley Cooper’s grizzled, drunk, ruined Jackson Maine sets eyes on Lady Gaga’s Ally, she’s obscured underneath an inch of pancake makeup, playing at being Edith Piaf in the middle of a rowdy, wonderful drag bar. Still, he sees her. We’ve already been introduced to a different Ally, scraping by at a bum catering gig, not doing much with her life, but already in possession of such a voice that even one tossed-off line — in a dirty alley, of all places — is enough to prove her imminent greatness. We’ve seen her and we know what’s to come.

The trick, of course, is that Lady Gaga — a global superstar, a musical icon, and the winner of nine Grammys — has to convince everyone that such greatness is indeed imminent, it’s not already present. That Gaga slips so deeply inside her role of Ally, a role that plays on our expectations that we are watching a hugely accomplished singer struggle in the industry, is an astounding feat. There’s no point in Cooper’s film in which Gaga’s authenticity isn’t profound and complete, from the moment she’s first forced out on stage to sing “Shallow” to the closing moments when she willing approaches a very different mic to belt out “I’ll Never Love Again.” Even moments that seem ripe for over-the-top emotions and an amateur approach, like Gaga’s Ally destroying a hallway or sobbing on a couch, are treated with a fine touch. The emotion never wavers, there’s never a false note."

tumblr_ph6lq0yG781vuabaao2_400.gif 

Delusional

Natalie Portman well deserved for Jackie :golfclap: I cried at that movie, such an amazing film.

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

Miracle
2 hours ago, SimplyTheBest said:

Gags above Viola Davis 

Her ASIB performance is stellar and it's definitely better than any Viola performance in film. Better actress does not equal better performance in a movie

Didymus
1 hour ago, Whispering said:

Film critics and festivals disagreed with you, too. 

How can you say that when those only awarded ASIB in the specific context of 2018 though :rip: You don't know what their "best of the decade" lists would look like :air: I don't get why you're coming at me in this direction. I'm stating my own personal opinion about ASIB being eligible in a "best of the decade" list and you're pretending my opinion isn't backed up by professionals who... haven't made a statement at all about that eligibility :emma: Just stop.

Feel free to also quote the people saying Paddington doesn't deserve to be in this list 'cause critics, festivals and critics association disagree with them too :awkney:

Whispering
4 minutes ago, Didymus said:

How can you say that when those only awarded ASIB in the specific context of 2018 though :rip: You don't know what their "best of the decade" lists would look like :air: I don't get why you're coming at me in this direction. I'm stating my own personal opinion about ASIB being eligible in a "best of the decade" list and you're pretending my opinion isn't backed up by professionals who... haven't made a statement at all about that eligibility :emma: Just stop.

Feel free to also quote the people saying Paddington doesn't deserve to be in this list 'cause critics, festivals and critics association disagree with them too :awkney:

It was in the top five of the year for most awards, lists, recognitions, etc. Therefore, it would be in the top fifty for the decade on those lists. Where it might fall, is up to the individual person or people making the list.

It’s not like this is an outlier of some sorts when it comes to ASIB or Gaga...as it falls in line with the majority of other reviews and best of lists.

Even if I disagree or agree with the comments on Paddington, it doesn’t matter, as that isn’t the topic of this thread. This is under News and Events in the main topic section of Gaga’s fan site. 

Didymus
11 minutes ago, Whispering said:

It was in the top five of the year for most awards, lists, recognitions, etc. Therefore, it would be in the top fifty for the decade on those lists. Where it might fall, is up to the individual person or people making the list.

It’s not like this is an outlier of some sorts when it comes to ASIB or Gaga...as it falls in line with the majority of other reviews and best of lists.

But what you fail to mention is that Gaga lost almost all those awards to Collette, McCarthy, Close and Colman who don't even appear on this list, nor do the movies that triumphed over ASIB  in all those award shows, lists, associations,... :ladyhaha:

So by your own logic, this list is complete bs, even more so than the degree I intended to communicate :oprah: 

The Favourite won almost double the amount of accolades compared to ASIB and yet it doesn't appear. Colman won 20+ awards for her performance (Gaga won 5) and yet doesn't appear here. So actually film critics and festivals do not back you up in the slighest :madge:

Whispering
2 hours ago, Didymus said:

But what you fail to mention is that Gaga lost almost all those awards to Collette, McCarthy, Close and Colman who don't even appear on this list, nor do the movies that triumphed over ASIB  in all those award shows, lists, associations,... :ladyhaha:

So by your own logic, this list is complete bs, even more so than the degree I intended to communicate :oprah: 

The Favourite won almost double the amount of accolades compared to ASIB and yet it doesn't appear. Colman won 20+ awards for her performance (Gaga won 5) and yet doesn't appear here. So actually film critics and festivals do not back you up in the slighest :madge:

She won some, lost some...but still was one of five nominations out of hundreds of performances. 

That makes absolutely no sense, but whatever makes you happy.

Didymus
6 hours ago, Whispering said:

She won some, lost some...but still was one of five nominations out of hundreds of performances.

And so were other actors in the same year who don't appear on this list. What doesn't make sense? If Gaga automatically earns a spot because of her acclaim, then why doesn't someone who was acclaimed twice as hard in the same year deserve a spot? :oprah:

You're the one not making sense.

Didymus

@Whispering Don't just laugh at me now :rip: If I'm not getting something, please explain it, don't act like a catty brat.

Archived