Stefani Tee
opinion

ARTPOP album cover... Do you like it or not?

Featured Posts

DeIusional

Hi guys. :)

Recently @The Enigmatic made a thread called something along the lines of the Mandala effect of the ARTPOP album cover, and honestly I looked at the cover closer and it’s such a mess :nooo:

The kaleidoscope behind the sculpture is so distracting that all of it blends together and becomes an eye sore after a while :toofunny:

Dont get me started on the horrible font, what. is. that.

The colour scheme is the only thing that gets my brain at calm. The blue/pink/b&w is perfect for the vibes of the album.

I feel like the album would have been better with a shot of her with the Venus hair and a bare face doing the ARTPOP hands :heart:

Note: this is not to bash the album, I love the songs (apart from Dope, Gypsy, Donatella and Fashion!) this is solely about the album cover.

Discuss! Do you like the album cover or not?

give me a reaction or don’t its fine
  • LMAO 5
  • Sad 8

Squeeshy Keety

Perhaps her greatest album cover, with TFM Deluxe Version as a close second

I'm the one in the corner snuggling your keety and stealing all its love 😼
  • Like 18
  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 4

The Enigmatic

The album art is messy , which I guess refers to Gaga , but artistic !

I really love the photo , it is indeed and you can't deny the fact that it is iconic

just like the messy BTW motorcycle shot

I am the Messiest GagaDaily Member , The Enigmatic.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

imnotyourbabe10

tenor.gif?itemid=7522514

OT: It represents the album pretty well to me.  Didn't she tweet about ARTPOP: "When pop sucks the tits of art"?

• LMAO 2

Anveeroy

This is the only cover I consider as the official one. 

BThqtqiCIAEXK98.jpg

• LMAO 28
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 2
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

UnnamedArtist

I like the cover, but I don't think it fits the album. A cover like for "Applause" would be better suited to the sound of the record. :ohwell:

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

Enzo

I don't know the meaning of it but it's a serve

Lady Gaga did her own makeup in this picture but I’ll be sure to let her know how much you hate it xoxo
  • LMAO 1

Didymus

It's kind of awful but then it's also genius. The concept is absolutely amazing (though I still don't get why they didn't photograph the actual statue and replaced it with a digital model instead... that sort of defeats the purpose of the whole cover) but the question is: could they have executed it better? :oprah:

I'm gonna say yes but I still think it's one of the most unique, baffling (in a good way) and memorable album covers ever. I kind of like it that she doesn't have even one stereotpyically "great" album cover, there's always a little something off or wrong with it (at least until Joanne whose cover was just... boring) :flutter:

It's my second favorite album cover of hers tbh, next to my #1 which is TFM (both covers).

• Like 7
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 1

Enzo

this one is better

CfmwiH7W4AA51gq.jpg

Lady Gaga did her own makeup in this picture but I’ll be sure to let her know how much you hate it xoxo
  • LMAO 17
  • YAAAS 2
  • Shook 1

Enzo
Just now, Didymus said:

though I still don't get why they didn't photograph the actual statue and replaced it with a digital model instead.

I-

what was the point then? kkskssk

Didymus

I just find myself wishing she released a ton of different editions all made by different visual artists :diane: That would've been epic. If the official cover we got was just one of the different options I think a lot more people would've liked it. I also would've loved to see this one in stores right next to it:

artpop_alternate_cover_by_sethvennvampir

artpop-album-cover_548069.jpg

etc.

Then again, I also love the simplicity of this one:

2j47oqq.jpg

So yeah, there probably were better choices.

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 17

Illuminati

I'm not a huge fan of Koons art in general so I wasn't a huge fan but I guess it also works with the album. Pop Art in general is like a mockery of what's perceived as mainstream and cheap and she's been heavily influenced by that at the time so I guess it works. I would have preferred if it was an image from the photoshoot or something like applause cover art though.

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Enzo
2 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

copy cat :ohwell:

reductive

sorry I'm going through my ARTPOP era

• LMAO 2

Loeppke

Yes, it fits the album

like what you see? my number is 1-800-u-wish
  • Like 7