Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga Should Re-release ASIB

Enzo

Featured Posts

Guest Adarsh

Anyway, at this point, an AOTY nom is locked and it will definitely win best soundtrack. Nobody is voting for The Gift or Aladdin. They’ve already been forgotten. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HookerOnAChurch
1 hour ago, Tom Daley said:

The entire soundtrack will be eligible for AOTY and I'll Never Love Again/Always Remember Us This Way for SOTY so I think that's more than enough

This!! 

47 minutes ago, Didymus said:

That's not what I'm saying. The soundtrack is great. But it's not the best collection of music that's released this year. And that should be obvious for anyone who cares about music.

As If the Grammys were based purely on music quality.. It's a mainstream show, commercial success and cultural impact are important too. And ASIB fit perfectly.

Didymus
7 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

Why are you forcing your music choices on other people? If we think that ASIB deserves to win then let us. It’s not a long shot. Major publications have it as the front runner. And there’s nothing wrong with just liking pop music. Stop the shaming. 

How is claiming that ASIB should win a Grammy by forcing a marketing tactic down people's throats just so Gaga can win another figurine not forcing your own music choices on other people, rather, entire award shows dedicated to excellence in music? :rip:

There is nothing wrong with just liking pop music indeed but I see way too many members here who seem completely uninterested in anything but seeing Gaga win awards so they can feel some kind of twisted self-empowerment :toofunny: It's been a neverending frustration of mine to see people more excited about discussing Gaga's chances of winning an (undeserved) award than simply discussing her work itself.

It's the exact reason Gaga abandoned this forum and I'm getting sick of it as well :madge: Gaga was the first one to congratulate and praise Beck when he controversially won over Beyoncé in 2013. She gets it. It's not a popularity contest. She's not the only one working hard and deserving of praise or accolades. Now it's time for her fans to get it.

JohnWayne92
41 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Like I already said: Titanic Rising and When I Get Home are great examples of albums that do deserve to win that award :ohwell:

I get that you all love the soundtrack and are happy for Gaga's success with these songs, but don't take it too far. The very idea of that soundtrack being superior to a universally acclaimed masterpiece like Titanic is just too comical for words.

Expand your musical horizon and realize what's out there and what other artists are worthy of enjoying success and acclaim. 

I dont think liking Pop music has much to do with ASIB soundtrack. Considering it's mostly country/rock/ac. The only pop songs are the 3 from Aly's album. 

As for my musical horizons, I listen to much more than just pop music. Shallow, which I dont consider a typical pop record, was a huge #1 song that climbed to the top of the charts without any kind of radio backing. ( which is part of what makes it #1 huge) It was a song that resignated with people from all different backgrounds and cultures. I work in a restaurant, and the mix of people that I see STILL listening to that song is astounding. 

I'm not saying that other albums aren't worthy, there will ALWAYS be multiple albums that are. Thank you for those records you suggested by the way, because I look forward to listening to them. However, I am fully confident that ASIB both CAN and deserves to win AOTY just as much as those other albums. For the way the music has been able to reach a variety of people, and how the GP have seemed to really love this album and is still standing behind it. 

Guest Adarsh
5 minutes ago, Didymus said:

How is claiming that ASIB should win a Grammy by forcing a marketing tactic down people's throats just so Gaga can win another figurine not forcing your own music choices on other people, rather, entire award shows dedicated to excellence in music? :rip:

There is nothing wrong with just liking pop music indeed but I see way too many members here who seem completely uninterested in anything but seeing Gaga win awards so they can feel some kind of twisted self-empowerment :toofunny: It's been a neverending frustration of mine to see people more excited about discussing Gaga's chances of winning an (undeserved) award than simply discussing her work itself.

It's the exact reason Gaga abandoned this forum and I'm getting sick of it as well :madge: Gaga was the first one to congratulate and praise Beck when he controversially won over Beyoncé in 2013. She gets it. It's not a popularity contest. She's not the only one working hard and deserving of praise or accolades. Now it's time for her fans to get it.

Well award shows don’t work like that. They involve politics and the albums you mentioned are nowhere to be seen on the predictions made by billboard or gold derby for that matter. I haven’t even heard of them :ladyhaha:

nodandsmile

What she should have done was to release more singles and yes "Is That Alright?" could have been her "Thinking Out Loud" but bitch said no! ARUTW and/or INLA could have given her first GF win(s) but bitch said no! If LG6 was released soon after, I would understand but no girl is selling makeup (don't give me that "this is her passion" that's some buuuuuuull****!" I know ASIB soundtrack is very successful already but it still could have done more! But I shouldn't be surprised ... I hate her (no I don't :huntyga:)

Didymus
4 hours ago, Adarsh said:

Well award shows don’t work like that. They involve politics and the albums you mentioned are nowhere to be seen on the predictions made by billboard or gold derby for that matter. I haven’t even heard of them :ladyhaha:

I just checked Billboard and Gold Derby and both those albums are listed as frontrunners, you must not have read well :rip:

Edit: And you suddenly stop replying. A cackle.

KatieJudasGaga4
4 hours ago, Didymus said:

I just checked Billboard and Gold Derby and both those albums are listed as frontrunners, you must not have read well :rip:

Where on Gold Derby does it say that? I'm reading the frontrunners and neither album are on here. And only When I Get Home is on the Billboard article.

Didymus
7 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Where on Gold Derby does it say that? I'm reading the frontrunners and neither album are on here. And only When I Get Home is on the Billboard article.

Both Montgomery and Sheehan (the editors) have When I Get Home as part of their top choices :smh: You're right, Titanic isn't there because it wasn't mainstream enough, I misread that one as it was continuously listed on their discussion forum as the most logical pick based on acclaim alone.

Guest Adarsh
14 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Both Montgomery and Sheehan (the editors) have When I Get Home as part of their top choices :smh: You're right, Titanic isn't there because it wasn't mainstream enough, I misread that one as it was continuously listed on their discussion forum as the most logical pick based on acclaim alone.

I was talking about the Titanic album. Because that’s what you couldn’t stop yapping about lmao. And this is my last reply to you. I’ve been noticing that you’re one of the most negative people on this website. I’m blissfuly adding you to my ignore list. Have a good day! 

Didymus
Just now, Adarsh said:

I was talking about the Titanic album. Because that’s what you couldn’t stop yapping about lmao. And this is my last reply to you. I’ve been noticing that you’re one if the most negative people on this website. I’m blissfuly adding you to my ignore list. Have a good day!  

"the albums you mentioned are nowhere to be seen on the predictions made by billboard or gold derby for that matter. I haven’t even heard of them"

Yeah yeah :madge: Bye bye now.

SKANK

I'm sure there are legal/industry reasons that explain why a re-release is improbable, but it makes sense to me.

The music for A Star Is Born received more accolades than any other part of the film's creative process, so why not capitalize on that, and its commercial sucess, by re-releasing it with a lot more content. If there can be four or five successful official re-releases of the soundtrack to Juno, A Star Is Born can have a few.

An EP with some demos would be amazing for fans. Call Barbra and have Gaga and Barbra do a duet of Judy's The Man That Got Away as a bonus song. Gaga can explore future collaborators by releasing an A Star Is Born remix EP. See what Sophie's pots and pans can do to elevate Why Did You Do That?

More music is always a good thing.

Archived