Jump to content
Stefani Tee
politics

Q2 Fundraising Numbers Released - Pete Buttigieg Leads The Race

Featured Posts

HybridAT

South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg led all candidates with nearly $25 million raised, while former Vice President Joe Biden raked in nearly $22 million. Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) respectively raised $19.1 million and $18 million. Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) came in fifth at $11.8 million.

Among the leading candidates, Warren brought in the most from donors whose contributions totaled less than $200, with $12.7 million. Her campaign announced earlier this month that it had more than 384,000 unique donors during the three-month period.

The Massachusetts senator, who transferred more than $10 million from her Senate campaign during the first quarter, ended June with $19 million in cash on hand, trailing only Buttigieg and Sanders in that regard.

Buttigieg, whose fundraising numbers surprised many, performed well with large and small donors alike. He raised the most of any candidate from contributors who gave more than $200, but he drew $10.9 million from donors who gave less than that cutoff, a total that trails only Warren and Sanders. The South Bend mayor had $22.7 million in cash on hand at the end of June.

Sanders, who transferred $7.6 million from his previous federal campaigns this quarter and raised $18 million during the previous period, led all candidates in second-quarter spending at $14 million. The Vermont senator still finished the quarter with more than $27 million in the bank, the most of any candidate.

He was a corporatist and a lobbyist right? Oh well, oh well. Somebody's clearly winning  :reductive:

  • YAAAS 3
  • Sad 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
HybridAT
1 minute ago, ImTired said:

The salt! Someone's fav is lagging. :reductive:

hilarious salt bae GIF

On a serious note, I'm tired of the hypocrisy and reductionist approach where everyone has reduced him to just a "gay candidate" 

He's clearly performing well, has raised amazing numbers, released well thought out policies (Douglass Plan, National Service Plan, Foreign Policy Plan etc), and is the antithesis to Orange Turd. He deserves more recognition. Now if only people would keep their biases aside...

I'm excited to see him on the next debates on July 30 in Detroit, MI :party:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ImTired

I've been donating to Pete monthly since he announced. Agreed. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
HybridAT
38 minutes ago, hankhatesyouall said:

Pete Buttigieg and Andrew Yang:queenga:

Yang's treatment in the last debates was really really bad. Even Marianne Williamson got more airtime  :sharon:

While I do like his policies and positions, he's still polling lower than 2% to qualify for the third debate. If the second debate doesn't work wonders and I'm afraid if that doesn't change until Aug end then he might be out.

Also, the Yang Gang on internet is something else  :green: I don't like how agressive they get sometimes, trying to come for Pete and others without evidence.

Edited by HybridAT

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAMROD

Oi, oi!! Daddy Pete! Congrats! :applause:

tenor.gif?itemid=11173373

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Don't ♥ Let ♥ Me ♥ Get ♥ Me♥
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
HybridAT
16 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Oi, oi!! Daddy Pete! Congrats! :applause:

tenor.gif?itemid=11173373

Daddyigieg says thanks gurl

abrbm5jj70131.jpg

Those arms. Mmm :heat:

Edited by HybridAT
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Married the Night

Yet he is somehow way behind in the polls?! I think he’d be fantastic. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAMROD

Also, he is also popular with the showbiz people.

Some celebs who openly donated for Pete includes: fashion icon Anna Wintour ($2,800), designer Tom Ford ($5,600), actress Sharon Stone ($5,600) and comedian Ellen DeGeneres ($5,600). Other than them, Gwyneth Paltrow, Larry David, Joan Jett, are among 50 celebs who donated for Pete. :applause:

https://www.businessinsider.com/celebrities-donating-to-pete-buttigieg-2019-7

 

 

Anna Wintour and Ellen know what's up! #BootEdgeEdge :tony:

I am convinced Gaga will be one of the donator too soon enough!

 

 

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Don't ♥ Let ♥ Me ♥ Get ♥ Me♥
  • YAAAS 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
HybridAT
4 minutes ago, Married the Night said:

Yet he is somehow way behind in the polls?! I think he’d be fantastic. 

I'd attribute that to his low name recognition. He's running in a field of established democrats, including senators and ex-VP. He's consistently polling around 5-7% and not dropping so that's a good sign.

Again, it's too early in the season for the polls to be reliable, they're fluctuating and majority voters are undecided about their choices. Just putting it out there.

Edited by HybridAT
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
HybridAT
11 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Also, he is also popular with the showbiz people.

Some celebs who openly donated for Pete includes: fashion icon Anna Wintour ($2,800), designer Tom Ford ($5,600), actress Sharon Stone ($5,600) and comedian Ellen DeGeneres ($5,600). Other than them, Gwyneth Paltrow, Larry David, Joan Jett, are among 50 celebs who donated for Pete. :applause:

Anna Wintour and Ellen know what's up! :tony:

 

Yess!!! So good to see he has this early celebrity support! I heard that Katy and Orlando were planning to hold fundraisers for him back in June but he had to cancel and reschedule them to return to South Bend to deal with the police officer involved shooting.

He still has fundraisers with Ellen and Chelsea Handler amongst others in Hollywood later this month.

If Gaga endorses him publicly and throws her support behind him like she did for Hillary, that would be amazing.

 

Edited by HybridAT
  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAMROD
7 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Yess!!! So good to see he has this early celebrity support! I heard that Katy and Orlando were planning to hold fundraisers for him back in June but he had to cancel and reschedule them to return to South Bend to deal with the police officer involved shooting.

He still has fundraisers with Ellen and Chelsea Handler amongst others in Hollywood later this month.

 

Yes, I heard that too, He supposed to have fund raiser with Ryan Murphy with Billie Lourde, and other AHS and Ryan's many other franchises actors too, which also rescheduled.  

Some names that are known for this growing list are:

Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, Matt Bomer, Ellen DeGeneres, Tom Ford, Michael J. Fox, Chelsea Handler, Sean Hayes, Mandy Moore, Tig Notaro, Sharon Stone, Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Portia de Rossi, John Stamos, Anna Wintour,Paul Wontorek

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Don't ♥ Let ♥ Me ♥ Get ♥ Me♥
  • Love 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
HybridAT
18 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Yes, I heard that too, He supposed to have fund raiser with Ryan Murphy with Billie Lourde, and other AHS and Ryan's many other franchises actors too, which also rescheduled.  

Some names that are known for this growing list are:

Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, Matt Bomer, Ellen DeGeneres, Tom Ford, Michael J. Fox, Chelsea Handler, Sean Hayes, Mandy Moore, Tig Notaro, Sharon Stone, Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Portia de Rossi, John Stamos, Anna Wintour,Paul Wontorek

tumblr_limzolOBjD1qbpemeo1_500.gif

  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luc

It's not per se his (Buttigieg's) donor numbers that impresses me the most - I think he may appeal to a somewhat richer demographic, it's the distribution of states where he is the 'biggest' that actually makes him fit to be a presidential candidate. Democrats need someone who can win Wisconsin, and he definitely can.

If I were American I would still be rooting for Warren, but I'm not sure if she has enough appeal to people in places like PA. On the other hand, Buttigieg's polling really badly among black people. There's a lot of potential for a smear campaign against him directed at black people by the Republicans, depressing turn-out (just like they did with HRC). That's bad.

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...