💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Heavy Metal Lover A Filler?

Twitter

Featured Posts

vitoburrrito
On 7/19/2019 at 12:27 AM, Bio said:

Not when Bad Kids, Highway Unicorn and Americano exist :vegas: Love all of the songs but the album would be so much more powerful without them.

I disagree about Americano and even Highway Unicorn. Bad Kids is, however, filler. The J&D of Born This Way

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb

everything one person calls a "filler" somebody else likes.  There are no "fillers".

aaronyoji

i think people confuse "filler" track with a breather track, a song that serves as a good bridge between big songs or a shift in album mood. heavy metal lover is the latter, and one of the best on the album. its very light hearted, mid tempo, not too overproduced however its super grimy, and dirty, and the bridge when the robot voice says "baby we where born this waaaay" relating back to the earlier messages of the album is really resolved sounding and nostalgic. 

Inferno
22 hours ago, vitoburrrito said:

I disagree about Americano and even Highway Unicorn. Bad Kids is, however, filler. The J&D of Born This Way

Highway Unicorn I guess has a message but ive always felt it adds nothing to the album but more corny 80s hair metal vibes that put a damper on the darker and more interesting industrial aspects of the record. Bad Kids is lyrically and conceptually stupid, but its got such a sweet addictive melody and chorus that I privately forgive it. It succeeds in its corniness much more than Hair imo. Like in a revised/edited tracklist i'd rather see Bad Kids on there lol

22 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

No, not at all. It’s better than Bad Romance!

tenor.gif?itemid=4859872

Edit: why is this thread still going? :laughga:

Archived