Jump to content
Stefani Tee
celeb

Kelly Clarkson wants Taylor Swift to re record her old music

Featured Posts

Gracious Gaga

that's kinda what JoJo did with her first two albums from her old record label that went bankrupt.

 

not jojo siwa.  

xoxo gracious gaga
  • Like 12
  • LMAO 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZacharyMark

What's the point of that? Taylor has to work twice as hard to earn back her own material? And what's the point of having masters if all you have to do is rerecord everything? Technically it's not her property at the moment, so how would that work?

All of this is so stupid. And the industry should be ashamed that it's playing out like this. Too bad the Grammys are so far off. I'd love to see some performers blast this live. I mean it was only 2 years ago when the industry was ranting about how performers don't get enough money from streaming/purchases/being their own performers. Suddenly everyone who signed onto that Tidal thing are silent..

  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jadeykins
7 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

that's kinda what JoJo did with her first two albums from her old record label that went bankrupt.

 

not jojo siwa.  

is this who you mean lol 

  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
River
3 minutes ago, Jadeykins said:

is this who you mean lol 

the original JoJo :firega:

not the teletubbies JoJo :awkney:

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • LMAO 10
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alexander Levi

Yes let's go back and rerecord her entire discography :laughga: that would take so much money and honestly, she would barely make anything back for all the time she put into it 

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vroom Vroom
3 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

Yes let's go back and rerecord her entire discography :laughga: that would take so much money and honestly, she would barely make anything back for all the time she put into it 

She’s like the richest woman in the world, why not 

  • Like 10
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
HausOfMark

I feel in the next year or 2, she will be able to buy her masters back. Lets let everything cool down and maybe she can be able to. 

-Mark
  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Midnightrush891

I believe this is what TLC did, so it may be beneficial. However I wouldn’t go out of my way to purchase something I already bought. 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alexander Levi
7 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

She’s like the richest woman in the world, why not 

I'm assuming you would have to pay all the past songwriters and the original artists who helped create the music then also pay all the time and work of the new musicians and producers and Masters and then pay for everything else. She's rich but that doesn't mean you should just throw all your money in a dumpster fire.

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GerMC
56 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

that's kinda what JoJo did with her first two albums from her old record label that went bankrupt.

 

not jojo siwa.  

JoJo is the real JoJo

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
yxi

She should totally do this. That p!g shouldn't be able to own her discography.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
alextruper17

Well, what she wants her to do is not necessarily what she's gonna do 

  • LMAO 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
sampool
1 hour ago, ZacharyMark said:

What's the point of that? Taylor has to work twice as hard to earn back her own material? And what's the point of having masters if all you have to do is rerecord everything? Technically it's not her property at the moment, so how would that work?

All of this is so stupid. And the industry should be ashamed that it's playing out like this. Too bad the Grammys are so far off. I'd love to see some performers blast this live. I mean it was only 2 years ago when the industry was ranting about how performers don't get enough money from streaming/purchases/being their own performers. Suddenly everyone who signed onto that Tidal thing are silent..

I used to think this as well, but then I realized it shouldn’t be as grueling as we think because on each tour dedicated to an album, artists normally cover all of the song on that album + sing other signature hits all within 2 hours. 

So like she does on tours, she could dedicate 2 hours (or even less) a day to each album (she had 6 albums with BM). It should take her a week to re-record her vocals. 

If I were her, I’d invite my friends to the studio and host a karaoke session, except that I’d be the one in the booth and they’d be behind the glass, it would be fun. 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
sampool
1 hour ago, Alexander Levi said:

I'm assuming you would have to pay all the past songwriters and the original artists who helped create the music then also pay all the time and work of the new musicians and producers and Masters and then pay for everything else. She's rich but that doesn't mean you should just throw all your money in a dumpster fire.

Her past releases were literally what made her the household name we know today, two of those albums won AOTY. She was +70% of Big Machine overall income, Scooter didn’t pay 300M because of the other artists discography. It’s definitely not a ‘dumpster fire’, she’ll make that money back in the long run. 

  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...