Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The Lion King’s first Rotten Tomatoes score is in

LateToCult

Featured Posts

Babel
9 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Wow I'm shocked. I thought it would be for sure in the 90s... I didn't think there was much changed from the animated film, so I wonder why people don't like this. 

it really looks bad.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeleteMyAccount
1 minute ago, Vegas said:

it really looks bad.

I guess I don't really know what criticisms people are trying to point out. But either way I haven't really been interested with Gambino involved.

It's still gonna make $1-2 bil easily so Disney doesn't give a flying ****. Wish they would spend the same amount of effort into developing new stories but :shrug:

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

LateToCult
20 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Oh wow.. I didn't expect that.  I mean, it's a wholly unnecessary remake, but it can't be that  bad, can it? 

From what I’m reading the movie is almost exactly the same minus some of the beautiful imagery that couldn’t be done in a photorealistic way (I Just Can’t Wait To Be King, Be Prepared, etc.).

:selena:

Morphine Prince

WAIT GUYS!

Can You Feel The Love Tonight apparently plays during the DAY. 

THE DAY.

THE MOTHER****ING DAY.

Yeah, this move is CANCELLED. 

And for those wondering: In the original, it is in the evening. Like when the sun has almost set. To create a low lighting romantic feel. NOT in broad daylight. 

River

Check this scene

What made Scar amazing is his expressions and of course Jeremy Irons.

In this clip Scar looks like a boring old lion..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

LilyLark
8 minutes ago, River said:

you forget Frozen 2... it's a guaranteed win, it's like Adele.

D*mn it. You are right. I want Bey to get her Oscar but yeah, Frozen is going to steam roll over everyone from Elton to Bey to Tay.

DeleteMyAccount
10 minutes ago, gag said:

It's still gonna make $1-2 bil easily so Disney doesn't give a flying ****. Wish they would spend the same amount of effort into developing new stories but :shrug:

Moana, Zootopia, Wreck it Ralph. future films like with Pixar's Onward, Soul, another Disney animation coming next year. 

Y'all can't be mad knowing that Disney is a business currently on a path that is guaranteeing them tons of money at the box office with these other remakes too.

Thomas P
20 minutes ago, gag said:

Disney is developing top notch films every year that are completely original, and that’s not counting the Pixar, marvel and Star Wars movies they make. Them remaking old movies is just added content, and yes blatant cash grabbing, but it’s not fair to say they aren’t still developing new content. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Regina George

I watched the early screening in my country and even tho I liked it Beyonce’s voice acting is truly awful.. and I didn’t want to mention that on here because I was scared that people would drag me... IDK how to explain it but it’s like you could just hear that she was in the studio reading those lines... It didn’t sound “natural” at all.. She sounded uninterested even in the most “intense” scenes... Movie overall was good tho and I liked it. 

25 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Moana, Zootopia, Wreck it Ralph. future films like with Pixar's Onward, Soul, another Disney animation coming next year. 

Y'all can't be mad knowing that Disney is a business currently on a path that is guaranteeing them tons of money at the box office with these other remakes too.

16 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Disney is developing top notch films every year that are completely original, and that’s not counting the Pixar, marvel and Star Wars movies they make. Them remaking old movies is just added content, and yes blatant cash grabbing, but it’s not fair to say they aren’t still developing new content. 

There's been incredible gems on the way (Coco, Zootopia) but remakes / reimaginings / adaptations / sequels statistically make up most of Disney's output. It's not 'added content', it's literally mostly what they make.

They released zero movies with original stories last year: A Wrinkle In Time, Incredibles 2, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Christopher Robin, Mary Poppins. 2019 isn't looking that hopeful either when only Dumbo, Aladdin, Toy Story 4 and The Lion King has came out -- and then Maleficent 2, Lady and the Tramp and Frozen II making up the rest of this year's big releases. I'm counting solely releases under Walt Disney Films but two years with not ONE original story is... grim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Walt_Disney_Pictures_films

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

DeleteMyAccount
1 minute ago, gag said:

There's been incredible gems on the way (Coco, Zootopia) but remakes / reimaginings / adaptations / sequels statistically make up most of Disney's output. It's not 'added content', it's literally mostly what they make.

They released zero movies with original stories last year: A Wrinkle In Time, Incredibles 2, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Mary Poppins Returns. Zero. The whole year. 2019 isn't looking that hopeful either when only Dumbo, Aladdin, Toy Story 4 and The Lion King has came out -- and then Maleficent 2, Lady and the Tramp and Frozen II making up the rest of this year's big releases. I'm counting solely releases under Walt Disney Films but two years with not ONE original story is... grim.

I mean a ton of new material is coming on Disney+. Personally I don't make a big deal of it. 

Luke78619

The clips of the characters talking are just :air: 

the lion from narnia >>>>>>>

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Archived