💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Shallow certified 6x Platinum in Australia

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Didymus
Just now, Mirages said:

Just because it was for a character doesn't mean it's not hers... With songwriting you need something to write about and inspiration and obviously she had all of that plus the song was made to be more Gagaish with those lalalalalallow as Mark said. It was intended so it could be also marketed as Gaga song with her signature syllable repeating... It's just as much her song as Allys in my eyes. 

That's true :applause:

Still, something doesn't feel entirely right about that becoming her biggest hit :air: I loved ASIB but do I wanna hear that song close every one of her concerts? No, ma'am. I don't know, maybe I'm alone on this, but it's not one of the songs on my mind when I think of career defining Gaga songs :ohwell:

But I'm obviously glad she's enjoying so much success. Eh, I'll just shut about it now :rip:

The Z
8 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I'm only referring to the words that came out of her mouth lol, sorry.

I'm not denying the song is meaningful to her and she inserted part of herself into it but you can't deny it stands out in her discography like a sore thumb :rip: There's a reason for that.

I know, but I'm just saying that she lied.

She's been saying things like she says in Shallow everyday ever since 2015...

Didymus
2 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

I know, but I'm just saying that she lied.

giphy.gif

RoverLoader

She was very much playing herself in ASIB so it is fully a Gaga song to me. I almost never listen to it though.

Mirages
8 minutes ago, Didymus said:

That's true :applause:

Still, something doesn't feel entirely right about that becoming her biggest hit :air: I loved ASIB but do I wanna hear that song close every one of her concerts? No, ma'am. I don't know, maybe I'm alone on this, but it's not one of the songs on my mind when I think of career defining Gaga songs :ohwell:

But I'm obviously glad she's enjoying so much success. Eh, I'll just shut about it now :rip:

Why would you shut up its your opinion and it's just as valid as everyone else's :kara:

I know that might look strange to you but when you think of Whitney Houston what song do you think of first? I Will Always Love You it's a cover and from a movie and her most defining song. Céline Dion - My Heart Will Go On same thing. So you know just because they're movie songs doesn't mean their not valid career defining moments for them. :ohwell:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Didymus
3 minutes ago, Mirages said:

Why would you shut up its your opinion and it's just as valid as everyone else's :kara:

I know that might look strange to you but when you think of Whitney Houston what song do you think of first? I Will Always Love You it's a cover and from a movie and her most defining song. Céline Dion - My Heart Will Go On same thing. So you know just because they're movie songs doesn't mean their not valid career defining moments for them. :ohwell:

That's true but I don't consider them artists :chica: Their whole career was based on singing others' songs, so that's a bit different to me.

But thanks :hug:

kinda ironic that the song I don't even like that much is seeing so much success. 

but slay nevertheless :flower:  couldn't be more happy for our girl :party:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Jaume
2 hours ago, Didymus said:

Fantastic and a little sad at the same time :air:

I  get you but I see it in a different way:  Shallow shows how talented Gaga is and that she is capable of writing hits. She can write generic music but she choses not to... she choses styles that won't connect to general audience, she knows it and yet she goes on with that no matter what because she's not a sellout.  You should be proud of it.

Miracle
3 hours ago, Didymus said:

True bit it's such a deviation from what she usually releases (partly because she intentionally wrote it as not a "Gaga song") that this might be one-off kind of success, you know what I'm saying? :gum:

Doesn't mean this isn't amazing, obviously, but if this is gonna be her last great commercial triumph (hypothetically) then that would be a bit sad to me for that reason :interestinga:

But all by means, let's celebrate this :party:

Shallow could easily be part of  The Joanne Monster, dunno what you are talking about lol

Nikolai Barrow
3 hours ago, Mirages said:

Just because it was for a character doesn't mean it's not hers... With songwriting you need something to write about and inspiration and obviously she had all of that plus the song was made to be more Gagaish with those lalalalalallow as Mark said. It was intended so it could be also marketed as Gaga song with her signature syllable repeating... It's just as much her song as Allys in my eyes.

Exactly! Plus the bridge with the ahhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhaaaaaaa part is very Gaga! Reminds me of the ohhhhs in Bad Romance and the begining of Perfect Illusion.  Also the chorus of Shallow is very much a classic Gaga chorus in my opinion. 

Swallow
5 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

The same as Poker Face :party:

5 hours ago, Sepsami said:

It's gonna be a bigger hit than Pokerface over time :koons:

Keep in mind that 6x Platinum PF certification is from 2010    :madge:

I'd say it's at the very least 8x Platinum now.

Es solo una paja entre colegas

nattuggla
1 hour ago, Nikolai Barrow said:

Exactly! Plus the bridge with the ahhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhaaaaaaa part is very Gaga! Reminds me of the ohhhhs in Bad Romance and the begining of Perfect Illusion.  Also the chorus of Shallow is very much a classic Gaga chorus in my opinion. 

If I remember correctly Mark said to Gaga that she should add a very Gaga chorus to make the song more Gaga-ish so she came it with the Sha - la - la - low part. 

Nikolai Barrow
57 minutes ago, nattuggla said:

If I remember correctly Mark said to Gaga that she should add a very Gaga chorus to make the song more Gaga-ish so she came it with the Sha - la - la - low part. 

Yes i remember that too. But i think the main chorus "i'm off the deep end" also sounds very Gaga. I know she says it doesn't sound like her. And i think that can be said for most of the album distinctly sounding like Ally instead of Gaga. But Shallow itself is a very Gaga song i'd say. 

KatieJudasGaga4
2 hours ago, Swallow said:

Keep in mind that 6x Platinum PF certification is from 2010    :madge:

I'd say it's at the very least 8x Platinum now.

I know, but you know they won't certify them until 2035 

Archived