3 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

It's gonna be a bigger hit than Pokerface over time :koons:

And that's bad why? :oprah:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Didymus
20 minutes ago, Mirages said:

It's not a Gaga song, as she said herself :lana:

Edit: I'm referring to the songwriting process. As she said, Shallow was based on the sound and style of Jackson's band, and she intentionally wrote it (musically) as not reflecting her own perspective as a songwriter. Obviously shows she's an amazing songwriter and this song deserves its success. Didn't mean anything serious with my comment, just a side note.

Sepsami
1 minute ago, Mirages said:

not bad at all, I'm just THAT shook 

Mirages
9 minutes ago, Didymus said:

It's not a Gaga song, as she said herself :lana:

Yes she didn't write it or sang it not hers at all :awkney:

Didymus
2 minutes ago, Mirages said:

Yes she didn't write it or sang it not hers at all :awkney:

I'm only half-serious. But she did say that she changed up her whole songwriting process so it would reflect Ally's point of view and not her own.

Of course that doesn't matter so much, I just wish she would achieve similar success with her "own" songs. That's why I wrote fantastic and only a little bit sad :chica:

homomo
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

I'm only half-serious. But she did say that she changed up her whole songwriting process so it would reflect Ally's point of view and not her own.

Of course that doesn't matter so much, I just wish she would achieve similar success with her "own" songs. That's why I wrote fantastic and only a little bit sad :chica:

The GP sees it as a Lady Gaga song, so it doesn’t matter.

Didymus
Just now, homomo said:

The GP sees it as a Lady Gaga song, so it doesn’t matter.

True bit it's such a deviation from what she usually releases (partly because she intentionally wrote it as not a "Gaga song") that this might be one-off kind of success, you know what I'm saying? :gum:

Doesn't mean this isn't amazing, obviously, but if this is gonna be her last great commercial triumph (hypothetically) then that would be a bit sad to me for that reason :interestinga:

But all by means, let's celebrate this :party:

The Z
10 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Bullsh*t lmaoooo it is 100% her point of view, let's not get brave :ladyhaha:

Didymus
3 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

Bullsh*t lmaoooo it is 100% her point of view, let's not get brave :ladyhaha:

I'm only referring to the words that came out of her mouth lol, sorry.

I'm not denying the song is meaningful to her and she inserted part of herself into it but you can't deny it stands out in her discography like a sore thumb :rip: There's a reason for that.

Mirages
18 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Just because it was for a character doesn't mean it's not hers... With songwriting you need something to write about and inspiration and obviously she had all of that plus the song was made to be more Gagaish with those lalalalalallow as Mark said. It was intended so it could be also marketed as Gaga song with her signature syllable repeating... It's just as much her song as Allys in my eyes.

Archived