💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Madonna - God Control

EdX

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, DavieX said:

For someone that didn't like the video/song/Madonna you should spend a lot of time and energy in something you don't like lol

No im spending time on people replying to me because they are triggered that I dont like a Music Video, not on Madonna. 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Charlie said:

As a resident of Orlando and as a community member apart of the healing process after the Pulse massacre I do not support the imagery or storytelling component of this video.

I condone this message in its entirety.

This is wrong, disgusting, and disturbing  that she is profiting off the backs of dead people of color and marginalized communities. 

There are other ways to handle this dialogue.

F$&@ her. 

This is what Madonna has always been known for: her imagery. Her intention was to make people realize that this occurs everyday and sometimes shock value is needed to make people "wake up." I don't think you should see the negatives in what she is doing. She also put the warning for graphic violence in the beginning.

PlanetChromatica
4 hours ago, Queen ARTPOP said:

Which is why I said it was artless and just political posturing. She should've left it out it was tacky and ugly to look at. Those protests were dumb and sucked lol. I also don't understand the part where Madonna gets mugged?? As if she has ever had to worry about something like that. 

The video is still somehow good though. It's very chaotic and messy. She should've made it more nightmarish and worked the "working back the clock before the shooting" bit more and fleshed out her character better.

She was mugged and raped at gunpoint when she had just moved to New York to become a dancer with $30 in her pocket. So yes, she has had to worry about stuff like that, she did not have an easy life before she became famous.

Adrenaliner
43 minutes ago, Kapi09 said:

Mess

Adore looks so beautiful on your profile pic 

Saint Gaga

Ok...I loved it...best video of this era so far..Medellin found dead

Lord Temptation

Just noticed that Madonna does a disco-themed video every decade:

Holiday (1983)

Deeper and Deeper (1992)

Hung Up (2005)

God Control (2019)

But to me...I hate to say it but it’s not one of her best. It is loaded with violent and glamourous imagery yet it lacks...nuance. It almost looks like a video game. Only my intrepretation.

JustHMLover
10 hours ago, Charlie said:

And anyone that again think this is “awesome” doesn’t understand the actual work it does to help heal a community and fight the politicians on the ground or in the arena. 

before you get to the healing process, there is awareness process. the video is gold. if you find it offensive - simply don't press play. :reductive:

Didymus
46 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Just noticed that Madonna does a disco-themed video every decade:

Holiday (1983)

Deeper and Deeper (1992)

Hung Up (2005)

God Control (2019)

But to me...I hate to say it but it’s not one of her best. It is loaded with violent and glamourous imagery yet it lacks...nuance. It almost looks like a video game. Only my intrepretation.

I agree. I wasn't immersed and that sucks :madge: I'm thrilled everyone else is liking it and I'm of course happy with the message but I can't help feeling like she didn't fully portray the mood she wanted to portray, neither in the solo scenes or the disco ones :emma:

Could've been a lot better with a different director. I needed more of a vintage vibe. Plus, her hair and make-up, girl :toofunny: Esp in that type writer scene. She looks like Mrs. Doubtfire with a different wig... So yeah. Should've been iconic, but oh well. Glad it's acclaimed.

fede ARTPOP

At first I thought was a great video, but now I think is really shooking and violence ( all the shooting scenes...). :bradley:

đŸ–€ C H R O M A T I C A đŸ–€

LouiseVeronica

What a work of art, startling and disturbing and hard to watch yet entertaining and poignant and fresh. She looks stunning, and the way the story unfolds is so clever! Do any other artists in music do anything close to her level?! No. Is it always easy to watch? No! Are the losers that hate Madonna in this thread pressed as usual? Of course. Thank god someone is using the pop format for more and transcending the medium. 

Those of you that are so offended she would portray this every day situation, I guess you also hate Quentin Tarantino movies and all other forms of entertainment that portray gun violence? How vigilant of you! Ignoring the problem won't make it go away though and you need to WAKE UP

simbiosis

The scene about her being robbed at gun point, as many pointed out, is a reference to the fact that she was herself robbed and raped at 19, but it actually goes beyond that and it's all part of the narrative and premise of the video.

In a very simplistic way, this is how the storyline of the video goes in chronological order:

1.Â ï»żM is looking at gun violence on the news on TV, ignores it and carries on with her day.
2. M gets mugged with at gun point, ignores it and carries on with her day.
3. M dies at the Disï»żco due to gun violence.

All this to say that this type of violence keeps taking place all around us, but no action is taken, and we have almost become used to it -- we see it on the news, we see it happening around us. What Madonna is saying is that we cannot just carry on with our days as if this is a normal occurrence, because it shouldn't be and we must all fight it.

It's not enough to know that gun violence is happening, it's important to note that bad things happen when good people do nothing at all.

This is a call for us to engage with politicians, grassroots organisations, and fight for gun control.

Archived