Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga not influenced by Madonna

Nino

Featured Posts

Oriane
44 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Except she hasn't made one rock song and she's been singing jazz standards for more than five years now :madge:

Gaga likes rock and metal and is inspired by those genres but they're just as replaceable as her other inspirations. I still am not convinced that she's more a "Bowie at heart" when her career trajectory is almost identical to that of Madonna :air:

Oh I'm still waiting for that rock album believe me :madge:

Interestingly, I see more Bowie in her than Madonna, especially in her beginnings (not just the obvious things like the lightning bolt etc). Just the whole quirkiness. But a popstar is a popstar and I don't see how she's closer to Madonna than other popstars in that sense. I just feel that she's doing what it means for the pop music industry.

I think that just because you like an artist, or they're even one of your favorite ones, doesn't mean they're going to be your major inspiration, at least in your style, the core of your art. I feel that's what she did with Madonna, for the most part, I can only see that in direct references and big concepts.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
On 6/26/2019 at 1:17 AM, Faysalaaa said:

Britney Spears who is nothing like Madonna and her real inspiration is Janet

Britney was inspired by M from In The Zone to Circus. But she is inspired by both.

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived