Apple Music
society

Los Angeles Bans Travel To Alabama Due To Abortion Law

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Los Angeles County has instituted a one-year travel restriction to Alabama in response to the state’s new restrictive abortion law.

The ban covers all LA County employees traveling to Alabama for official business, with exceptions for emergency response training or other legally-required trips.

HB 314 Law makes it a felony for doctors in Alabama to perform or attempt to perform an abortion. Los Angeles County Supervisor Hilda Solis, author of the travel measure, said the bill is nothing more than an “attack on reproductive rights and economic justice. ”The constitutional and human right to a safe and legal abortion is part of the very fabric of the United States. As such, Los Angeles County will stand against all attempts to dismantle the protections afforded by Roe v. Wade and the U.S. Constitution.”

LA County officials are also sending a letter to Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey and Legislative leaders calling for the measure’s immediate repeal. Similar letters will be sent to officials in Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, and Utah, all states considering their own restrictive abortion laws.

LA County is the latest to protest the Alabama law. Lawmakers in Colorado and Maryland have threatened to cut any official travel to the state due to the abortion measure.

Source:

https://www.al.com/news/2019/05/los-angeles-bans-travel-to-alabama-due-to-abortion-law.html

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Play ♥ With ♥ John ♥ Thomas ♥
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 6
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 4

Economy
Just now, bravenewworld said:

That's stupid

Agreed

Why punish ordinary citizens saying they can't travel there because SOME legislators did this and SOME individuals there support this?

This is extreme :madge:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Sanne Godijn
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

Agreed

Why punish ordinary citizens saying they can't travel there because SOME legislators did this and SOME individuals there support this?

I think the user meant that the abortion ban is stupid wch i 100% agree with also im glad that they actualy trying to do something against this stupid ban

Edited by Sanne Godijn
  • Like 1

Economy
Just now, Sanne Godijn said:

I think the user meant that the abortion ban is stupid wch i 100% agree with

So do I 

But I also think the ban is stupid

There's citizens in Alabama that don't support those laws just like a few in Los Angeles no doubt do

Some of the law makers in power obviously made this happened but u shouldn't disrupt ppls lives that may involve going there

Travel bans are for extreme cases or problems with safety not disagreements in political policies like this

I think these extreme abortion laws should be fought on social media, courts, political pressure like protests etc, not travel bans :rip:

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

Supersonic
15 minutes ago, Economy said:

Agreed

It's not

Majestic, the future is electric.
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 3

Sanne Godijn

Excuse me do you know how many lives are going be disrupted because of the abortion ban think about that for a second

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Sanne Godijn
10 minutes ago, Economy said:

So do I 

But I also think the ban is stupid

There's citizens in Alabama that don't support those laws just like a few in Los Angeles no doubt do

Some of the law makers in power obviously made this happened but u shouldn't disrupt ppls lives that may involve going there

Travel bans are for extreme cases or problems with safety not disagreements in political policies like this

I think these extreme abortion laws should be fought on social media, courts, political pressure like protests etc, not travel bans :rip:

Excuse me do you know how many lives are going to be disrupted because of the abortion ban think about that for a second

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Alexander Levi
21 minutes ago, Economy said:

Agreed

"The ban covers all LA County employees traveling to Alabama for official business, with exceptions for emergency response training or other legally-required trips."

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

neptugne

Extreme laws require extreme opposition, I love this

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

Born To Slay

Honestly good, **** Alabama. They need to learn their place. 

• Like 8

Interstellar

I can’t at people not actually reading the article :rip:

• Like 7
  • LMAO 8

sampool
36 minutes ago, Sanne Godijn said:

Excuse me do you know how many lives are going be disrupted because of the abortion ban think about that for a second

Some of us just don’t give a ****. Some people have actual lives to worry about, businesses to run, associates to visit. Government laws are least of their concerns. 

This is in fact extreme and a selfish move. 

• Like 3
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 2